View previous topicView next topic

New 3DS, Xenoblade, and Smash Bros announcements

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)
A new announcement

During Nintendo's Japanese direct Nintendo announced their "New 3DS" There will be NFC built in to the system, a stronger CPU, a second circle pad, less 3D blur, additional shoulder buttons, and will use Micro SD.

A port of the critically acclaimed Wii game Xenoblade Chronicles will be available on the New 3DS. Watch the trailer here

And to go along with all of this, Shulk has been added to the Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U roster. See that trailer here

So what do our readers think of these new announcements? Drop a comment below!
Share this post on:diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Comments

I personally think that Nintendo made a very bad business decision, by releasing another iteration of the 3DS this quickly. They should've designated their resource's towards their own IP's and proprietary support. The next model should've been released after another two years, and boasted a much higher definition screen, and a much more powerful CPU & GPU. The original 3DS model should've already possessed the 3D stability, and AMiiBO features. Now they've forced their consumer base to purchase yet another form of the same console, just to experience any of the exclusive games. If the next Metroid game isn't available for the original 3DS models, I'm officially done purchasing Nintendo's console's and software.

Last edited by NINTENBRO on September 2nd 2014, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
@Natsume wrote:I don't like having to upgrade to a new handheld so soon just to play the latest 3DS games. Sad

You know what's up!
@NINTENBRO wrote:I personally think that Nintendo made a very bad business decision, by releasing another iteration of the 3DS this quickly. They should've designated their resource's towards their own IP's and proprietary support. The next model should've been released after another two years, and boasted a much higher definition screen, and a much more powerful CPU & GPU. The original 3DS model should've already possessed the 3D stability, and AMiiBO features. Now they've forced their consumer base to purchase yet another form of the same console, just to experience any of the exclusive games. If the next Metroid game isn't available for the original 3DS models, I'm officially done purchasing Nintendo's console's and software.
You know that I'm a loyal die-hard Nintendo fan, but if they pull this with the Wii U as well I might very well change WiiWareWave into an all-encompassing video games website and purchase a PS4...seriously I didn't pay $350 for a Wii U to replace it before the end of the generation. I no longer own a 3DS since I got tired of sending it in for repairs so this doesn't affect me, however I completely understand why this would tick current 3DS owners off. Mad
I get why people would be upset, and do hope we don't see anything next gen till at least 2019, but I still see this as the DSi equivalent to the 3DS, but instead of Ware titles you get wiiremakes
It's too soon for a new handheld, especially with the economy in the state it's in.
View previous topicView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum