Go down

Wii Shop to close at the end of the year?

on August 20th 2014, 12:12 pm
Nintendo's European website states that the Wii Shop will remain open until 31st December 2014 on the Wii product page.
Does this mean that the shop will be closing for good? Sad

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
Admin
View user profile

Re: Wii Shop to close at the end of the year?

on August 23rd 2014, 7:59 pm
Say it isn't so! Surprised Sad pale Crying or Very sad

on August 23rd 2014, 11:56 pm
The Wii Shop Channel was an innovative feature. Without it, we wouldn't have the Virtual Console service, which is my favourite method of digital distribution on every Nintendo console. I'm sure that the best way to honour the Wii Shop Channel would be to continue to support the Nintendo eShop - and especially Virtual Console - on Wii U. Smile

Also, here's hoping that N64 and GCN games are just around the corner! Very Happy

Get ready, because new episodes of Mask of Akanius, Flight of Indigo and Shell of Thal are coming soon!

As Alph continues his search for mask fragments, he and his allies face a threat that could hinder the young warrior's progress. Meanwhile, Sky deals with some personal issues of his own while he is pestered by the antics of a truly whimsical force, and the crew of the Hat continues to grow, prompting Shelley to step up her role as captain in the face of her bitter rival, Michelle the Pirate Queen.

And could there be an appearance from a particular fiery-haired spellcaster and his green-topped sidekick? Stay tuned!

on August 24th 2014, 12:28 am
Will this affect the Wii Shop through the Wii Mode on the Wii U?

(アパチャイ・ホパチャイ, Apachai Hopachai)

#1-Here I go! Dodge this! Apa-pa-pa!
#2-Apachai can understand the pain in Kenichi’s heart It’s scary!
#3-Even though I don’t know what’s going on, it’s so scary!

on August 24th 2014, 1:36 am
Most likely, Ragna-kun. Neutral

Get ready, because new episodes of Mask of Akanius, Flight of Indigo and Shell of Thal are coming soon!

As Alph continues his search for mask fragments, he and his allies face a threat that could hinder the young warrior's progress. Meanwhile, Sky deals with some personal issues of his own while he is pestered by the antics of a truly whimsical force, and the crew of the Hat continues to grow, prompting Shelley to step up her role as captain in the face of her bitter rival, Michelle the Pirate Queen.

And could there be an appearance from a particular fiery-haired spellcaster and his green-topped sidekick? Stay tuned!
Admin
View user profile

on August 24th 2014, 10:25 am
I'll need to get some Wii points this Christmas so I can download the last few must-have Wii Shop exclusives that I have yet to download before the shop closes its virtual doors.

on August 24th 2014, 1:41 pm
I would do the same, except my Wii U doesn't have enough system memory; in addition, I can't currently afford a portable hard drive, nor can I figure out which ones are compatible with my console. Neutral

Admin
View user profile

on August 24th 2014, 3:17 pm
Uh...the Wii Mode uses an SD card and the Wii 512 MB internal memory for storage. Razz

on August 24th 2014, 3:43 pm
Rukiafan wrote:Uh...the Wii Mode uses an SD card and the Wii 512 MB internal memory for storage. Razz
Oh...then awesome!

on August 24th 2014, 4:23 pm
I hope this means all wii shop titles will be available on eShop before it closes
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum