Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Into The Frozen Wasteland!

Review: My Arctic Farm (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_m11

Earlier this week we reviewed My Jurassic Farm and deemed a solid game for the young audience the game was targeting, but how does My Arctic Farm stack up against its prehistoric brother? Keep reading to find out!

The gameplay in My Arctic Farm is the same as it has been in every My Farm title which isn't bad if you are under the age of 10, but teenagers and adults will struggle to enjoy this title. The game isn't bad by any means, however it's overly simplistic for older audiences. You basically start off with just one animal and must grow your farm into the ultimate arctic farm! You need to keep the animals and farm clean, feed the animals and give them medicine when they are sick, etc.

The addition of arctic animals is a nice touch, but doesn't add much to the game. The controls are just as easy to use as they were in the other My Farm titles which is a very good thing. The only downside is that there doesn't appear to be Off-TV play, but otherwise the Gamepad is utilized nicely in this game!

Review: My Arctic Farm (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_m12

The graphics in My Farm were atrocious, but thankfully that isn't the case in My Arctic Farm, sure the graphics aren't as good as they could be, but at least the animals are recognizable and the graphics are much more crisp as well when compared to the original My Farm title. The music and sound effects are simple, but work nicely with the game. Overall the game deserves praise for improving upon it's original predecessor's greatest downfalls!

Bottom-Line:

With decent gameplay that young kids will undoubtedly enjoy and easy to learn controls My Exotic Farm certainly isn't shovelware, the use of the Gamepad in the game is fairly satisfying as well! My Arctic Farm has been vastly improved from My Farm at least visually which is why this game is receiving a better score, but it just isn't quite as good as My Jurassic Farm. All-in-all My Arctic Farm is good at what it attempts to be which is a simple farm simulation targeting young kids.

Price: $7.99

Score: 6/10

Last edited by Ichigofan on February 17th 2016, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: My Arctic Farm (Wii U eshop) 19654

Review: My Arctic Farm (Wii U eshop) 87457210

Review: My Arctic Farm (Wii U eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
July 9th 2014, 1:12 pmGuest
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
Aqua Cherry Blossom
July 12th 2014, 5:04 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Not interested lol. Rolling Eyes
Ragnarok
July 13th 2014, 1:51 pmRagnarok
Good review.
Clαππαd