Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Brick Breaker Meets Pong!

Review: Brick Blast U! (Wii U eshop) 10175010

Brick Blast U! is an arcade style game released by Nexis Games on the Wii U eshop and might not be on most gamer's radar, but is this game a hidden gem? Continue reading to find out!

Brick Blast U! is a game that has gameplay elements from both Brick Breaking games and Pong and it actually blends together quite nicely. The game features over a dozen stages and many power-up items, however you must be careful because although most items are helpful some are very bad including one that will give you an instant game over which is far too harsh in our opinion, but otherwise the game is quite solid in-terms of its gameplay!

The controls in the game are easy to learn, but admittedly feel a bit awkward at first, but it's nothing that will ruin your experience with the game. The Off-TV play is a nice added feature as well!

Review: Brick Blast U! (Wii U eshop) 10254010

The graphics in this game are quite impressive for a game in the Block Breaker genre as the 3D blocks and ball really look glossy and the in-game special effects look really nice, especially on a big tv! The music is also pretty good for this kind of game! All in all the presentation of this game is quite impressive!

Review: Brick Blast U! (Wii U eshop) 14547411

Bottom-Line:

With solid gameplay and a good presentation Brick Blast U is a solid game in its genre, however an unbalanced item system and somewhat awkward controls hold this game back a bit, but all in all we give it a reasonable recommendation because of its price point!

Price: $3.99

Score: 6/10

Last edited by Ichigofan on February 16th 2016, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: Brick Blast U! (Wii U eshop) 19654

Review: Brick Blast U! (Wii U eshop) 87457210

Review: Brick Blast U! (Wii U eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

ShanaNoShakugan
June 27th 2014, 2:45 pmShanaNoShakugan
Such nice review. Smile
Staroceancrazy
June 27th 2014, 3:55 pmStaroceancrazy
Good review, but I'm not biting Exclamation
DigiDestined
June 28th 2014, 11:07 amDigiDestined
Nice review. Smile
I might download this if it goes on sale for 0.99 sometime. =)
Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 28th 2014, 11:41 amAqua Cherry Blossom
This game looks and sounds boring so I'll pass lol. Rolling Eyes
Anonymous
July 2nd 2014, 2:19 pmGuest
Another beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
Love4Gaming
July 3rd 2014, 12:25 pmLove4Gaming
Nice review, but this game looks way to slow for my taste.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)