Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

Total Votes : 1          

TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

The WiiWareWave RPG Adventure: Take Part in an Epic Quest! Empty The WiiWareWave RPG Adventure: Take Part in an Epic Quest!

June 15th 2014, 3:08 pm
It's finally time to begin planning for the WiiWareWave RPG Adventure, an epic quest across one of two worlds. But what exactly is the WiiWareWave RPG Adventure? I'm glad you asked! Wink

In this game, each participant will build their very own character using a free PDF copy of the Dungeons & Dragons Basic Rules. During the course of the story, the players will explore all sorts of locations, such as underground caverns, ancient ruins and even open stretches of wilderness. The players will be aided - and hindered - by a number of people and monsters, and collect all sorts of wonderful treasures along the way. As the characters gain experience, they will become stronger and gain new abilities, allowing them to face tougher challenges and more exciting experiences. The players aren't working against each other to win, though. They are helping each other to progress through their adventure together.

The adventure itself will be handled by me, the Dungeon Master; you can think of me as the referee, storyteller and designer all rolled into one. I'll create all sorts of adventures for the characters to experience, as well as play the roles of the NPCs and monsters. I'll resolve any issues that may arise in a fair manner, so if you have any questions relating to rules or gameplay, feel free to ask me. Most of all, I'm here to have fun just like the rest of you; after all, it's as much my journey as it is each of yours! Very Happy

The ideal amount of players would be 4-7 - that's 3-6 characters plus the Dungeon Master - so let me know if you're interested ASAP. The adventure will be set in one of two worlds, with descriptions and a poll soon to follow; the setting which receives the most votes will be the one we play, with an expected start date in August. Okay, I hope that you're interested! Smile

Last edited by GamerZack7 on July 2nd 2014, 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!

The WiiWareWave RPG Adventure: Take Part in an Epic Quest! Empty Re: The WiiWareWave RPG Adventure: Take Part in an Epic Quest!

July 2nd 2014, 3:27 pm
And now for a description about each of the choices of setting! Smile

On Nulmahou, magic has only existed amongst the populace for mere centuries. The individuals of the world express themselves artistically, which has resulted in a culture in which creativity is the driving force. Long ago, the people of the world abused magic, which very nearly led to a downward spiral which would grind civilisation to a halt. In order to restore balance, the elves stripped the world of magic, locking it away until the time was right. Now, the elves have reintroduced magic to the populace, which has boosted society in a positive way.

The key themes of Nulmahou (null-MAH-hoe) are creativity and novelty. Each individual uses their talents and skills in unique ways, to the point where an individual can be recognised merely by the way she swings a sword or casts a magic missile spell. The elves are one of the most important races of the world, being the guardians of all the world's magic. Only individuals with proven worthiness may be bestowed with the gift of magic, though there is a fairly high number of arcane spellcasters, making up approximately 25% of all adventurers.

Most wizards are members of the high elf race, though wood elves, humans and even a few dwarves and halflings have the potential for using magic. The most common adventurers are fighters, with adventuring parties often having two or more in their midst. Humans are the most common fighters, though there are examples amongst the dwarves, halflings and even some elves. Dwarves are most likely to become clerics, though humans, halflings and some high elves may also follow this path. Halflings, with their smaller size and boundless energy, often become rogues, though humans, dwarves and a few wood elves also choose this role.

The world of Frontier is a land ripe for adventure, with seven grand regions and plenty of environments to explore. The largest region is New Frontier, a land so diverse in environs that it itself is divided into smaller territories. Adventurers are more common than a muddvak drive, though they take on a decidedly unique approach, with many choosing to journey solo, or with only one or two companions at a time. But no matter how much the land may be mapped out, there's always a unique path to take, a unique goal to seek, and a unique adventure to be had. As the old saying goes, "It ain't the same New Frontier twice."

Frontier (frun-TEER) is my attempt at a campaign in the spirit of a Western film or TV programme, though with a fair amount of fantasy as well. It is a world newly-rediscovered, with people known as Frontierfolk settling across a vast, mostly-unexplored land known far and wide as New Frontier. The land is surrounded by other regions which are home to fantastic races: the dwarves of Plateau and Glacier, the elves of Glade and Bayou, and the halflings of Prairie and Wetland. In this setting, many adventurers prefer to travel alone, though some journey with one other companion; very rarely do adventurers travel in large groups, otherwise they would attract the attention of outlaws, wildlife...and monstrous foes. Frontier has some unique takes on the traditional classes:

Brawlers are similar to fighters

Pages are similar to clerics

Slingers are similar to wizards

Bandits are similar to rogues

Adventurers in Frontier often help out troubled settlements through completing "missions"; for example, outlaws may rob a bank, and the adventurers may opt to find where they stashed their loot...and possibly capture their foes and/or bring them to justice by any means allowed by law of the settlement in question. Between these missions, however, adventurers typically journey across the land, hoping to reach the next settlement, and perhaps complete more missions, making a name for themselves.

Well, those are the choices of setting! If you like, feel free to vote for one at the top of the page. The setting which gets the most votes will be the one we play! Smile

BurstDashV8
BurstDashV8

The WiiWareWave RPG Adventure: Take Part in an Epic Quest! Empty Re: The WiiWareWave RPG Adventure: Take Part in an Epic Quest!

July 5th 2014, 3:39 am
Hello again, GamerZack7. I'm back again doing a post, after quite a long time.  Smile 

Sorry for the wait though.  Sad 

Any way. On reading the descriptions for both D&D settings and I am thrilled of what each of them have to offer the player in terms of depth and character.

So the one I will be voting on the one that got the most interest the most.

Hope this will be helpful in creating an amazing adventure.

Your best bud, BurstDashV8.
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

July 8th 2014, 3:18 pm
Glad to have you on-board, BurstDash! Smile

Well, the first vote has been cast. I wonder which setting will prove to be more popular. victory

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)