Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gamergy
Gamergy
Mario in the sky with rainbows

If you’ve played any Mario Kart game, you know the recurring Rainbow Road Track. Each Mario Kart game has a new version of Rainbow Road, and while they are all different, the same theme applies to each Rainbow Road track. Outer Space, a road in the colors of the rainbow, and always a great course; now to get hyped for Mario Kart 8, lets go through the best 5 Rainbow Road courses!

5. Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA)

Top 5 Rainbow Road Tracks in Mario Kart - Page 1 Rainbow_Road_-_Princess_Peach_Racing_-_Mario_Kart_Super_Circuit

Super Circuit has every SNES track along with the new tracks, so I was able to try both games’ tracks for the first time. I found the new Rainbow Road superior, and I found the SNES Rainbow Road to be pretty average, other than the fact it was colorful. Super Circuit’s Rainbow Road also leaves a huge amount of room for shortcuts; if you use a mushroom you can take a huge jump off of the edge of the track, and with practice, you can cut tens of seconds off of your race time. Try watching a time trial of this Rainbow Road and you’ll see what I mean.

4. Mario Kart DS (DS)

Top 5 Rainbow Road Tracks in Mario Kart - Page 1 RainbowroadDS

It seemed like every time I would play Mario Kart DS’ Rainbow Road online I would get destroyed, partially because everyone would fly by me since they were really good at snaking, and partially because it was just a hard track. While it was still a fun track, there were other tracks in Mario Kart DS that were better.

3. Mario Kart 64 (N64)

Top 5 Rainbow Road Tracks in Mario Kart - Page 1 Mk64

Mario Kart 64’s Rainbow Road is one of the longest tracks in the series; there is plenty of color, and you could see neon lights of racers in the background. The music is still the best any Rainbow Road has offered, if not one of the best soundtracks in any Mario Kart game. Unfortunately the course’s layout is very basic compared to later Rainbow Roads. While the N64 version has color and an amazing soundtrack, if you took those away it would be a boring course. It did, however, set the standard for the Rainbow Road tracks that followed it.

2. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

Top 5 Rainbow Road Tracks in Mario Kart - Page 1 Map28-1

Nintendo delivered another great Rainbow Road track with Mario Kart Wii, it was fun that now you can go up ramps and do tricks in space. The colors flowed well with the track, as do all the rainbow roads. Next to the SNES, Mario Kart Wii had the hardest rainbow road; there were few guardrails to protect you, and a slight mistake will send you flying off the track.

1. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Top 5 Rainbow Road Tracks in Mario Kart - Page 1 Maxresdefault

There is one thing that sets this Rainbow Road from the others; you can now fly through parts of the course. That alone is awesome, but wait, there’s more! The stars and planets in the background look incredible; there are booster rings in the air, you drive through giant spinning tubes, and you can drive on a lunar surface. On top of all of that it has the best soundtrack outside of the N64 Rainbow Road. I find nothing wrong with this course; it’s creative, fun, and the right difficulty. Exactly why it tops this list.

So what did you think of this list? Agree? Disagree? Love? Hate? Or more importantly, does it hype you up for Mario Kart 8? Join the discussion in the comments!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 17th 2014, 4:38 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
@Stevo94 take a look at the article's date lol.
It was written before Mario Kart 8 was released. Smile
ShanaNoShakugan
June 27th 2014, 2:48 pmShanaNoShakugan
Such nice feature. Smile
MK8 is favorite of my. Smile
KokorOtaku
June 28th 2014, 7:42 amKokorOtaku
I don't know which one I like best, but theres something about the original rainbow road that I like, but I don't think it's #1 but it's on my top 5 probably
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)