Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Purrfect!

Review: Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails (Wii U eshop) - Page 1 Wiiu_s75

Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails is an on-the-rails shooter/plotformer developed by Dakko Dakko Games and has been one of the most anticipated eshop titles for the Wii U! Does the game live up to its hype? Keep reading to find out!

Gameplay And Controls:

The gameplay in Scram Kitty is refreshingly unique in-terms of both its design and features! There are a few different modes of play including adventure where you must collect cats by doing various things in each stage including defeating bosses and collecting every item in the stage which is easier said then done as the levels are for the most part fiendishly difficult and traps will stop you in your tracks. These traps are usually fair though there are a few exceptions that will force you to restart a stage.

Review: Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails (Wii U eshop) - Page 1 Wiiu_s76

The level designs are brilliant and will keep you coming back to collect the cats that you missed to unlock more challenging levels! The final level of the game will challenge you more than any other game currently available on the eshop so be prepared to work towards beating the game! This isn't a bad thing though as it'll bring a sense of satisfaction to players when they finally see the game's ending!

The controls are nearly flawless once you get used to them, but it'll take a few hours to figure out the game's physics. Overall there is nothing negative to mention about the controls of the game! The Off-TV Play works well with this game due to its gameplay having a handheld feel to it!

Review: Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails (Wii U eshop) - Page 1 Wiiu_s77

Graphics And Sounds:

There's no denying that Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails is a gorgeous game between its 2.5-D HD pixel art direction and highly detailed 3-D character and enemy models that really pop in HD Scram Kitty puts even certain retail throwback titles to shame!

Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails also has a catchy soundtrack and the sound effects such as the weapons firing and the enemies death cry are crisp yet feel like they belong in a retro title in the 90's which fits the game well and sounds amazing!

Review: Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails (Wii U eshop) - Page 1 Wiiu_s79

Bottom-Line:

With perfect gameplay that will give you hours of enjoyment, nearly perfect controls, gorgeous visuals, and a catchy soundtrack Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails is easily one of the most polished Wii U eshop titles to date rivalling WiiWare equivalents such as La-Mulana and Cave Story! The only minor issue that the game has is that it takes a while to get used to the game's physics, but otherwise the game is flawless! There's just no reason not to add this amazing title to your Wii U digital games collection!

Score: 10/10

Review: Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails (Wii U eshop) - Page 1 19654

Review: Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails (Wii U eshop) - Page 1 87457210

Review: Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails (Wii U eshop) - Page 1 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback you guys! It means alot to me. Wink
Kain
This game is seriously awesome a definite must have game for the Wii U!
captainamerica
Hopefully more games with the level of quality that this game provides will be released on the Wii U eshop to make up for the lack of retail third party titles.
KeAfan7
Kain wrote:This game is seriously awesome a definite must have game for the Wii U!
Absolutely. Wink

captainamerica wrote:Hopefully more games with the level of quality that this game provides will be released on the Wii U eshop to make up for the lack of retail third party titles.
I hope so too!
RWBY_Red
Nice review. This game is really fun, but I don't know if I'd consider it perfect though.
Yusei Fudo
This game seems to be a cut above the rest of the indie titles currently on the Wii U eshop so I will download this as soon as I have enough credit on my eshop account.
SKTTR
Very good game and spot on review!

The mechanics, controls, physics, and level designs are truly brilliant. Some of the challenges are hard but too satisfying. I couldn't stop playing until I got all 104 cats. (Took me 13h26min) so that's good value for the tenner it costs.

KeAfan7
SKTTR wrote:Very good game and spot on review!

The mechanics, controls, physics, and level designs are truly brilliant. Some of the challenges are hard but too satisfying. I couldn't stop playing until I got all 104 cats. (Took me 13h26min) so that's good value for the tenner it costs.

Thank you for the feedback @SKTTR! Wink
RoboYoshi
Why is this game so hard?
It is still awesome tho Very Happy
Marioman18
Great review. victory
Chickgoboom
This game is too difficult, I'd give it a 7/10, but I understand why the game got a perfect score. If only I was better at playing games. Sad
Oh and awesome review! Very Happy
Anonymous
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
KeAfan7
Chickgoboom wrote:This game is too difficult, I'd give it a 7/10, but I understand why the game got a perfect score. If only I was better at playing games. Sad

I respect your opinion and completely understand why you might feel that the game is too difficult. Wink

Kushina wrote:Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you

Thank you very much Kushina! Wink
ToughGamer
Chickgoboom wrote:This game is too difficult, I'd give it a 7/10, but I understand why the game got a perfect score. If only I was better at playing games. Sad

I relish a good challenge.
Aussiegamer
Brilliant review mate! :-D
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)