Share
Go down

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on November 20th 2013, 2:26 pm
I wouldn't ask this at most sites because of the trolls that have taken over, but WiiWareWave is a friendly community with true Nintendo fans so I decided to create this topic.

I think the console wars are pointless we all like different things and everyone should be able to enjoy whatever console makes them happy, but the console wars have turned into worse flaming wars than political debates and fanboys slam everyone who likes a console that they don't, even going so far as taking over console specific forums and slamming the people who like the console that the forum is all about.

I say live and let live, does it really matter if we like different consoles? What is your stance of this ongoing debate?

____________________________
Please visit my Turfloggery.
NNID: Splatuna.

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on November 20th 2013, 2:49 pm
I think it's pointless too, but people always call me fanboy whenever I mention Nintendos huge stack of money that prevents them from going 3rd party or when I say they shouldn't sell out to apple.

____________________________
I feel unaccomplished and need to give my heart out. Where’s my Kokoro no Tomo? Sad I love you

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on November 20th 2013, 9:55 pm
I'm not really sure why people even use that specific term in general. Being a fan of anything other than a videogame company is acceptable. If you enjoy what a company has to provide, you support their endeavor's. I think the term the entire internet is searching for is "bigot". Which are usually people with no real personality of their own, and they have serious security issues. They always need some way or something to make themselves feel superior. In reality, they're just as sad as anyone else could possibly be. Very Happy

____________________________
Follow me on MiiVerse: NINTENBRO82
Anonymous
Guest
Guest

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on November 21st 2013, 11:12 am
I never understood the whole my console is better than yours is thing. Sad

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on November 21st 2013, 11:32 am
Kushina wrote:I never understood the whole my console is better than yours is thing. Sad
That's just it, the "fanboys" don't either. Very Happy

____________________________
Follow me on MiiVerse: NINTENBRO82

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on November 21st 2013, 4:18 pm
Honestly I never bought into it even during the whole 16 bit era with Nintendo and Sega. I always just played what I enjoyed. I liked Mario games so I owned a SNES. I liked Sonic just as much I owned a Genesis. Its really stupid to limit yourself to one console since every game will never come to just one console because of competition.

I think really these fanboys just need a reason to justify their purchase to themselves. They know for example that the Wii U is lacking titles and third party support I mean come on who doesn't so they feel they have to justify their purchase of a Wii U to Sony and MS when they see a great game like Killer Instinct or Killzone come out on the other 2. That and they feel miserable that they bought one of the systems before seeing what the other 2 have to offer and are now miserable so they are trying to make everyone feel as bad as they do.

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on November 22nd 2013, 6:33 am
I wouldn't call owning a WiiU and a 3DS to limiting myself. I know that Xbox and Sony have a bunch of great games, but I choose to spend my money on games that fit my taste. Gaming is a spendy hobby and I'd much rather use that money towards more games rather than spending another $900 for two other consoles.

And this fanboyism is getting really bad as of late. I don't care what people play because I spend my time playing games.

____________________________
"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on November 22nd 2013, 9:59 am
@Rory yeah it's really expensive for a secondary console, that's one of my problems to, and one of the reasons I went various 3rd parties by: Platinum, Capcom, Konami, Sega, Atlus, and SE to come to WiiU, even of they're ports of PS360/PS4ONE titles

____________________________
I feel unaccomplished and need to give my heart out. Where’s my Kokoro no Tomo? Sad I love you

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on November 23rd 2013, 4:32 am
for everything there will always be fans, I say just play what you like and dont get involved with fanatical people. They can never see reason any ways.

____________________________
Nintendo Network ID: KingreX32

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Captaincanucksigcopy

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on November 23rd 2013, 12:29 pm
@Tasuki wrote:Honestly I never bought into it even during the whole 16 bit era with Nintendo and Sega.  I always just played what I enjoyed.  I liked Mario games so I owned a SNES.  I liked Sonic just as much I owned a Genesis.  Its really stupid to limit yourself to one console since every game will never come to just one console because of competition.  

I think really these fanboys just need a reason to justify their purchase to themselves.  They know for example that the Wii U is lacking titles and third party support I mean come on who doesn't so they feel they have to justify their purchase of a Wii U to Sony and MS when they see a great game like Killer Instinct or Killzone come out on the other 2.  That and they feel miserable that they bought one of the systems before seeing what the other 2 have to offer and are now miserable so they are trying to make everyone feel as bad as they do.
But the thing I have noticed on sites like Nintendo Life are the Sony and Microsoft fanboys running amok and bash the Ninty fans. I think it is wrong to attack Nintendo fans on Nintendo forums, and if Nintendo fans do that on Microsoft or Sony forums it's just as wrong. Now constructive criticism is okay, but only if a reason why you dislike the company or console is provided but hating to hate is a no no.

____________________________
I'll be king of the pirates! ~Monkey D Luffy~

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Opb10

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on December 7th 2013, 1:20 pm
@FuManchu wrote:
@Tasuki wrote:Honestly I never bought into it even during the whole 16 bit era with Nintendo and Sega.  I always just played what I enjoyed.  I liked Mario games so I owned a SNES.  I liked Sonic just as much I owned a Genesis.  Its really stupid to limit yourself to one console since every game will never come to just one console because of competition.  

I think really these fanboys just need a reason to justify their purchase to themselves.  They know for example that the Wii U is lacking titles and third party support I mean come on who doesn't so they feel they have to justify their purchase of a Wii U to Sony and MS when they see a great game like Killer Instinct or Killzone come out on the other 2.  That and they feel miserable that they bought one of the systems before seeing what the other 2 have to offer and are now miserable so they are trying to make everyone feel as bad as they do.
But the thing I have noticed on sites like Nintendo Life are the Sony and Microsoft fanboys running amok and bash the Ninty fans. I think it is wrong to attack Nintendo fans on Nintendo forums, and if Nintendo fans do that on Microsoft or Sony forums it's just as wrong. Now constructive criticism is okay, but only if a reason why you dislike the company or console is provided but hating to hate is a no no.
That is why WiiWareWave is so awesome! The members don't fight with each other! Very Happy

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on January 1st 2014, 3:36 pm
As an owner and fan of both Nintendo consoles and PlayStation consoles, I see the so-called "console wars" as pointless. The only console wars that catch my attention are the Famicom Wars. Wink

____________________________
Chromaicora - The new home of Zed and pals!

***
The pilot of Power Rangers Mushroom Force is currently being "filmed" on location in One-One Plains, but there's still time to claim - or reclaim - a spot in the series.

Anyone who wishes to reprise their roles should let me know as a response to any post I make. Anyone who wants an unclaimed role should do the same. And remember, the more you chat about the show, the more motivated I am to pump out new stories every week!  Wink

CLICK HERE to sign up for a role, chat about your favourite episodes and characters, or simply find out more about the series.

"Mushroom Force, Let's-a GO!" victory

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on January 1st 2014, 3:53 pm
Nothing will ever be like the console wars of the late 80's and early 90's.

____________________________
Follow me on MiiVerse: NINTENBRO82

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on January 1st 2014, 5:56 pm
@FuManchu agree I stopped liking NL once the trolls came in, I got banned a year ago to for pointing out fanboyisum from another person

____________________________
I feel unaccomplished and need to give my heart out. Where’s my Kokoro no Tomo? Sad I love you
SKTTR
Admin
View user profile

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on January 3rd 2014, 2:16 am
I'm tired of Sony and Microsoft fans saying Wii U isn't next gen.
I played 6 Xbox One and 2 PS4 games and to me they look like last gen games.
Same old framerate issues, same polygons, textures, controls.
All the hype for just some particle effects?? For dust???

Of course there will be better games coming and they will eventually show off some pretty games that Wii U would have a hard time to emulate, but as of now just put 3D World, Wind Waker or Pikmin 3 besides Knack or any other PS4 game. Then you see where the graphics are 60fps fluid, in shiny 1080p HD. In direct comparison Wii U suddenly becomes next gen and PS4 is crumbling a bit.
Or just play any Xbone game - that overpriced console is a graphical letdown in each and every of its launch titles. Right now, put 360 GTA V in a ring vs any Xbox One game. GTA V wins the graphic duel, simple as that. A last gen title shouldn't look better than all new titles of a new system in my opinion. A new gen should launch with some graphically amazing titles showcasing the new abilities of the console, especially when the graphics are so overhyped as Xbox One's.

Another flaw I noticed on Xbox are the controls. None of the first party titles have better controls: For the perfect Forza 5 experience you need to buy an expensive steering wheel chair combination that is not included with the console. For the perfect Killer Instinct experience (like in the arcades or on N64) you need an extra six button controller that is not included with the console. You could play Kinect Sports Jetski though, but that is just tiring and not fun imo. It's neither realistic nor responsive enough (failing hard to replicate both the graphical impact and perfect controls of a launch title like Wave Race 64), but that's the one you can play the way it's intended because Kinect comes with the console.
Maybe I'm just too spoiled by Nintendo always launching with fun titles that utilise their innovative controllers well, and Microsoft seems a bit careless in that regard.

Another important point to raise is the gameplay that is totally corrupted by downloadable content. It's truly fastforwarding to a DLC generation. Xbox One games reward you with senseless glorified achievements. Gone are the days where your rewards are new levels, secret characters, vehicles, bonus items. They'll all cost you money.

This is just my recent view of things. Let's see what the future holds.

Have you played PS4 and Xbox One?
What do you think?
Which games have the best graphics?
Which are worthy to be called next gen?

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on January 3rd 2014, 8:43 am
I haven't actually played next gen consoles (besides WiiU, Vita, and 3DS) but I think from now on if you're next gen you better have a lot more going for you then graphics

____________________________
I feel unaccomplished and need to give my heart out. Where’s my Kokoro no Tomo? Sad I love you

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on January 23rd 2014, 2:59 pm
I just don't understand the importance of graphics now that every console is now far beyond the PS2 visually I do understand power though. That said the Wii U isn't much weaker than its competitors besides graphically so I just don't get why third parties can't just release their games on the Wii U. What's even worse which is on topic most Sony fans like rubbing the lack of third party support in the noses of Nintendo fans which is just pathetic in my honest opinion. Why can't we all get along and respect other peoples decisions as to what consoles they do like? But hey that's just my opinion about fanboyism. Cool

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on February 26th 2014, 12:19 pm
Two words - Just sad. Twisted Evil

____________________________
Alchemy the science to create something by giving up something of equal value. This law is called equivalent exchange.

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

on April 7th 2015, 7:42 pm
Bravo! There have been some great responses so far!

____________________________
Please visit my Turfloggery.
NNID: Splatuna.
Sponsored content

What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"? Empty Re: What is your take on the console wars and "fanboyism"?

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum