Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Destruction Derby Ahoy!

photo 100_zpse70305a3.jpg

TNT Racers was a solid WiiWare title that was released in April 2012 in North America so how does this Nitro Machines Edition stack up? Find out in our review!

photo 99_zps7d87f1bc.jpg

Gameplay And Controls:

The object of TNT Racers is to force your competition off the screen or destroy them by using power-ups in a variety of different modes including knockout, timed knockout, shadow races, etc. Each mode has unique gameplay mechanics, but for the most part the object is destroy or be destroyed!

The Gamepad is required for single player races and sadly the controls do feel a little wonky which makes progressing in the campaign very difficult, but it's not bad enough to call the controls broken, they just could have been better.

The game features a fair amount of content and should keep you entertained for awhile!

The local multiplayer is where this game really shines however, and if you have friends to play this game with do so as it is seriously fun!

photo 101_zpsfaa8ad4d.jpg

Graphics And Sounds:

The graphics in TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition have the same cell-shaded cartoon look of the WiiWare version of the game, but the lighting and effects have a fairly impressive HD look that really makes the game look much better than the previous title on the WiiWare service.

The music is fairly good in this title, but the sound effects can get repetitive after awhile, but all and all the game does a good job in the sound department!

photo 103_zps6c0bbf04.jpg

Bottom-Line:

With fun gameplay, excellent local multiplayer and sweet cell-shaded graphics TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition is a good racing title for the Wii U eshop, however wonky controls do hinder the enjoyability of the game. Still we recommend this title for those of you who are looking for a fun multiplayer title available on the Wii U eshop!

Score: 7/10

Last edited by Ichigofan on February 11th 2016, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) 19654

Review: TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) 87457210

Review: TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Amufungal
Very nice review Rukiafan Smile
Ms_Kinomoto
Um...thank you for the multiplayer matches @Rukiafan I had so much fun! Smile
If you wanna have some fun with your friends this game is a really good choice. Smile
NINTENBRO
^ It's a shame the online multiplayer was omitted from this sequel. Sad
Aqua Cherry Blossom
October 7th 2013, 2:40 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review @Rukiafan. =)
@Nintenbro hopefully it'll be added in a software update lol? Neutral
MetroidBlaster
Yeah it's a shame that there isn't any online multiplayer in the game.
Staroceancrazy
It's still a good game though the review is very accurate Very Happy
Elza
I did not like this game, but I think that the score is just about right since I'm sure there are people who would really enjoy the game it just wasn't my cup of tea. Smile
Marioman18
I'll take a kart racer like Mario Kart or Crash Tag Team Racing over this game any day of the week, but I wouldn't say that the game is awful it just isn't a game that can keep you entertained for hours at a time.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
October 10th 2013, 3:56 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
Another sweet review from Rukiafan!
SonicKnuckles
This game would be better as a purely racing title instead of a destruction derby knockout game.
SKTTR
I thought it would be a good place for the Wii U - WiiWare Side-by-side comparison on TNT Racers here.

--------
TRACKS
--------

Total amount of Tracks in Wii U version: 13 (it's 26 but half of them are mirrored versions)
Total amount of Tracks in WiiWare version: 10 (6 without DLC; again half of them mirrored)

Available in WiiWare and Wii U version:
1. Beach
2. Oasis
3. Lost City
4. Jungle
5. Ice Lake
6. Mountain
7. Speedway (WiiWare Drift Pack DLC)
8. Velocista (WiiWare Drift Pack DLC)
9. Vulcan (WiiWare Formula TNT DLC)
10. Fire Cave (WiiWare Formula TNT DLC)

Available only in the Wii U version:
11. Arctic
12. Waterfall
13. Summit

------
CARS
------

Amount of Vehicles in Wii U version: 16
Amount of Vehicles in WiiWare version: 6 (10 with both DLC packs)

Available in both versions:
1. Standard
2. Trekker
3. Coupé
4. GT
5. Truck
6. Crunsher
7. Racing Car (WiiWare Drift Pack)
8. Speedracer (WiiWare Drift Pack)
9. Rocket (WiiWare Formula TNT Pack)
10. UFO (WiiWare Formula TNT Pack)

These 6 vehicles are only in the Wii U version:
11. Beetle
12. Rolls
13. Bus
14. Chicken
15. Turtle
16. Turbocar

-------
ITEMS
-------

Wii U: 16
WiiWare: 14 (same items, except missing Time Machine and World Flipper)
SKTTR
Well, I really like this game. You get pretty good content for such a low price. But don't expect a Wii U experience. It's old school, and it has very basic graphics, but it makes up for it with a great sense of speed and is totally awesome with 4 friends that are into racing games as well. Despite it's simple controls it starts getting really deep once you master drifting, getting a rush throughout the highspeed classes and learn to put plenty of cool items to your advantage.

I completed the game in all modes now, and the difficulty is much more balanced than it was in the WiiWare version. In fact the one level I couldn't beat in the WiiWare version is much easier now. Destroy now only 100 statues instead of 120. It's also easier because the new cars are all amazing. It's also nice to check out online leaderboards for each of the 75 challenges, definately something for the competitive (would have been nice if you could race ghosts MotoHeroz style though.)

In the times of SNES and N64 this game would have been a classic. Me and my bros agree that apart from very minor issues (soundtrack, camera sometimes, small bugs, no online multiplayer) this is a very fun game.

SKTTRSKORE: 8/10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)