Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
His Legend Will Live On!

photo 630x_zps31c78c4f.jpg

The former Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi has passed away today at the age of 85. A man of great intellect and creativeness he became president of the company in 1949 and became interested in electronic entertainment in the 70's. He would later entrust his vision to the then young Shigeru Miyamoto who captivated the world with his legendary arcade title Donkey Kong!

He remained president of the company until May 31st 2002 when he handed the baton to the current president of Nintendo Satoru Iwata.

Be sure to post your thoughts about this tragedy in our comments.

Former Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi Has Passed Away At The Age Of 85 19654

Former Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi Has Passed Away At The Age Of 85 87457210

Former Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi Has Passed Away At The Age Of 85 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
This is very sad news I hope he can rest in peace. Sad
KingreX32
Its sad news, So in honor All Wiiwarewave Members should do nothing but play Nintendo games all weekend to honor the mans legacy.
KokorOtaku
Sad news indeed, I've been posting fun facts on FB about Nintendo koppai and will end on Monday (Nintendos 124th birthday) in honor of him
NINTENBRO
A legacy that will always live on through the entertainment that Nintendo provides it's faithful.
RyanNerdyGamer
Crying or Very sad
ShounenMania
The tag line is true his legacy will continue to live on for decades or more to come. Rip.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
He will always be remembered.
May he find peace and wonderful games to play on the other side.
FM_Alchemist
Rest in peace you will be always remembered as the person responsible for saving the video game industry back in the 1980's.
Sakura chan
Yamauchi san will always be remembered. Crying or Very sad
RyanNerdyGamer
Have fun playing Go for all eternity, Yamauchi-sama... Sad
Megatron2000
RIP.
KokorOtaku
I wonder who he passed on the shares for Nintendo to?
Amufungal
Maybe Miyamoto san? Smile
Nintendobuddy64
Rest in peace you will be missed.
Himawari Chan
I might be late, but my condolences go out to the late Yamauchi's family.
He will be remembered fondly for years to come.
Aussiegamer
Rip mate. :-(
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)