Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Go down
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

Petite Computer 3DS Empty Petite Computer 3DS

August 21st 2013, 10:02 pm
I'm definitely more interested in this application now, since it's coming to the 3DS eShop. The application, sprite work and everything else will be in the correct resolution for programming on the 3DS. I'm hoping the file size limit for programs will be greatly increased in this version, to prevent long strings of QR codes. I'm also hoping this version will possess enhanced performance over the DSiWare version. I've actually been thinking about going to school for coding, but I'd like to see if it clicks with my brain first. If anyone from WiiWareWave would like try to create a game together, I'd be willing to give it a shot. Or maybe just help each other code our own game's together, that would be cool too. Very Happy

Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Petite Computer 3DS Empty Re: Petite Computer 3DS

August 22nd 2013, 7:36 am
I may get this, but I skipped the original because I didn't know the BASICS

August 23rd 2013, 12:57 pm
I don't know anything about videogame coding either. But if you're to ever accomplish anything, you have to begin somewhere.

August 24th 2013, 2:03 am
I've been programming in BASIC for many years now; I first heard about Petite Computer on the 3DS about a month ago and if I owned a 3DS I'd definitely get it. Some people may complain that Petite Computer is a bit simplistic but I've used BASIC on a Casio Calculator before and that was quite simple but a whole lot of fun.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

August 24th 2013, 11:01 am
Is there any way to send your created games to friends?

Petite Computer 3DS D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

August 24th 2013, 3:25 pm
Yes, through QR codes.

August 26th 2013, 12:20 pm
visicalc, could you please post some of the very basics of BASIC coding, so we can use it as reference material? I would really appreciate the insight.

August 27th 2013, 1:29 pm
Well the best place to start is by looking at the Wikipedia article on the BASIC Programming Language here. I should warn you that although most BASIC dialects share a lot of common commands, the commands they use for graphics, sound and music all differ.

You could also try downloading the Basic4GL language for your PC from here, I'm a moderator on the Basic4GL forum so if you encounter any problems I should be able to answer them.

I've also got a Wikispace here, where amongst other things you can find a lot of programs that I've written over the years.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

August 27th 2013, 7:20 pm
Thanks visicalc. I'll be sure to contact you on the forums, if I run into any complications.

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)