Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!
There's no denying it: Skylanders has blossomed into the most popular video game-slash-toy franchise of this decade, with four console and three iOS titles available, as well as nearly 50 different Skylanders characters to date. With the hype surrounding Skylanders SWAP Force, the newest entry in the series, it couldn't possibly get more exciting...or could it?

Activision has unveiled the Skylanders SWAP Force Dark Edition Starter Pack, a special deluxe edition bundle exclusive to GameStop in the United States and EB Games in Australia. Available for Wii and Wii U, as well as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the Dark Edition includes the Skylanders SWAP Force game, a newly-redesigned Portal of Power and a mega poster depicting every Skylander from all three games. It also comes with a Series 3 version of Dark Spyro along with Dark versions of Stealth Elf, SWAP Force members Blast Zone and Wash Buckler, and new character Slobber Tooth. These versions feature black and silver in their colour schemes, and they look decidedly unique compared with their normal counterparts.

The Skylanders SWAP Force Dark Edition is valued at $99.99 USD ($119 AUD). As with any special edition game, be sure to preorder to avoid disappointment. The standard edition is also available to preorder for Wii, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, as well as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and is priced at $74.99 USD ($98 AUD).

SOURCES: Here, here and here.

Last edited by GamerZack7 on August 20th 2013, 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
Skylanders Swap Force for the Wii U will be getting an online multiplayer patch soon! I love you
Kotaku posted the article a few days ago. Smile
Anonymous
If you get the Wii U version we should play together sometime after the online patch is implemented! I love you
RyanNerdyGamer
Kushina wrote:If you get the Wii U version we should play together sometime after the online patch is implemented! I love you
I may get the regular Wii U version once I have a Wii U. Due to the fact that there is no Wii U Dark Edition available in Australia, plus the fact that I don't yet own a Wii U, I'll be getting the Wii version for now. Still, I've heard the Wii version plays very much like the other console versions, so it should still be quite enjoyable. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)