Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Go down
Tech101
Tech101

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Discussion) - Page 1 Empty Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Discussion)

March 6th 2013, 3:42 pm
I say it can be difficult but if you just learn to use the L button to dodge its not as bad as some people make it out to be. Plus you don't get to penalized for dying as you can continue in a boss fight almost where you left off.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Discussion) - Page 1 Empty Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Discussion)

March 6th 2013, 9:06 pm
Rukiafan wrote:How difficult is this title?

On a scale of one to ten, I would say it's about a six or seven. It's not too easy, and it's not too hard. I think the difficulty is just right, for this type of game. All of the combos I've unlocked have been simple double, triple or quadruple taps on the X & Y buttons or a combination of the two. The difficulty lies in the fact that you need to devise a strategy for almost every adversary you encounter. You can't progress through this game with the one-slash kills you'll remember from past entries.

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

March 7th 2013, 2:49 pm
How far have you guys gotten in this game so far?

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Discussion) - Page 1 19654

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Discussion) - Page 1 87457210

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Discussion) - Page 1 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Tech101
Tech101

March 7th 2013, 2:57 pm
I'm only just over an hour into it. I've been playing other games as well! I do like what I've played so far though!
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

March 9th 2013, 3:38 pm
I just reached Act 2 last night. I think I like being Simon better than Alucard. Although, the visuals are becoming even more impressive in Act 2. This game would be a perfect candidate for some DLC, since the story is so short. In Act 2, you reach an area of Castlevania that is currently undergoing construction, and I think that makes for a perfect opportunity for DLC.

March 16th 2013, 3:20 pm
This game really needs more love! I'm serious, the sales are very low for a Castlevania game. Mercury Steam already stated that sales for MoF would predict if or not they would produce a follow up in the foreseeable future. If your a Castlevania fan (like myself) you really should try to support this game. It may stray a little from the norms that the series is known for, but a little different is a lot better than nothing at all. Sad

Last edited by Nintenbro on March 16th 2013, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

March 16th 2013, 3:25 pm
I just want to stress Nintenbro's point sales are well under one million units sold globally so it's doing really bad despite being a nicely made title.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Discussion) - Page 1 19654

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Discussion) - Page 1 87457210

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Discussion) - Page 1 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Tech101
Tech101

March 16th 2013, 8:56 pm
I like it. You guys like it but the reviews are all over the place. Obviously too many people were expecting something totally different. I for one am glad they went more action as I was getting tired of the old formula problem is that's what the fans seem to want. A good deal of people that played the demo either loved it or hated it for various reasons. I just wish the reviewers review it as a stand alone and not on what they were expecting it to be. As good as it is I wish I went retail as its the type of game I would return a few months down the road. That said I know people that want it but won't pay full price!
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

March 16th 2013, 10:00 pm
I'm stuck on the giant scaven boss with Alucard. I guess I'll be giving the game a short break for now. I refuse to lower the difficulty to easy, after I've already come all this way.

March 19th 2013, 1:05 pm
Tech101, may I ask what type of strategy you used to defeat the Scaven boss?

March 19th 2013, 1:13 pm
I would love to tell you but I haven't gotten that far yet. Rory has beaten the game though!
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

March 19th 2013, 1:27 pm
^ I know, I already asked him, but he couldn't even remember what the Scaven boss is. He was probably playing while drinking Captain Morgan again. Very Happy Lol!

March 19th 2013, 1:29 pm
Lol. That sounds like Rory alright! Smile
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

March 20th 2013, 1:37 pm
Will you do me a favor Tech101? Once you reach the boss battle, will you let me know how you defeated the Scaven boss? That is, if I haven't figured out my own startegy by then.

March 20th 2013, 1:40 pm
Nintenbro wrote:Will you do me a favor Tech101? Once you reach the boss battle, will you let me know how you defeated the Scaven boss? That is, if I haven't figured out my own startegy by then.

Sure thing! I might get more into it tomorrow!
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

October 30th 2013, 12:08 pm
I still haven't been able to tame that damn beast! I think I may actually have to resort to easy mode for the Scaven boss. This is the perfect game to play on Holloween. The atmosphere will definitely get you into the Holloween spirit. Very Happy

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)