on March 5th 2013, 3:33 pm
Thank you Gozaimasu. ^_^

*Squidkid Shorts
(My deepest apologies to you all...lol jk) Razz

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

Previous Episode: S04E05 The Turquoise and the Dracquan
Next Episode: S02E06 Midonian Outcast

Click here to see the Chromaicora Adventures Boxed Set

"Wait...is he using a Splattershot Jr.? Oh, that is so precious! Widdle Squiggles wants to do Turf War!"
-- Inklinda, Squigley no Densetsu

Re: Crystals of Silveria Series Hub & Junihoshi Guidebook - By GamerZack7

on March 6th 2013, 2:19 am
Okay, this post will contain the sample quotes from my signature. Enjoy! Wink

Quote #01 (from the episode "My Sister's Footsteps")
Zed: Hey, what happened to my clothes?!
Gazzo: That drink I gave you? A Potion of Banish Clothes!
Zed: My clothes have vanished?! Surprised
Gazzo: No, banished! To the Ethereal Plane! It's the ultimate party gag! Laughing
Zed: BRYN, HOW COULD YOU?! Crying or Very sad

Quote #02 (from the episode "My Sister's Footsteps")
Brocc: Kaley!
Kaley: Broccoli?! Is that you?! Surprised
Bryn nose-laughs.
Bryn: Your name's Broccoli?! Laughing
Brocc: Not. One. Word.
Bryn: Or else what, Green Boy?
Brocc: I'll tell Zed about the potion!
Bryn: So?
Brocc: Let me reiterate. I'll tell ZED about the POTION!
Bryn: ... Point taken. Neutral

*Squidkid Shorts

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

"Wait...is he using a Splattershot Jr.? Oh, that is so precious! Widdle Squiggles wants to do Turf War!"

on March 11th 2013, 9:10 pm
And now it's time to talk about a few of the races featured in Crystals of Silveria.

Humans are by far the most common race found in the world of Junihoshi, native to every continent and nation except Archaelia and the Southern Wastes. Humans are an adaptable breed, with different cultures and customs on each continent, and even a vastly-diverse assortment of skin tones, hair and eye colours and accents. More humans seem to live on the continent of Ornoposia than in each other part of the world, though many of them are mixed-race such as elfborn and orcborn. The primary language of the human race is Common, which is spoken by every other race on Junihoshi as the primary trade language.

High elves, colloquially referred to by humans as simply "elves", are one of the three elven people of Junihoshi. They are naturally suited for becoming mages, with individuals who study the arcane arts even more talented than those of any other race without question. The eyes of high elves are glowing orbs of a bright colour such as yellow, green, cyan or purple, and their skin and hair are fair in tone. They are slender, and they have long, pointy ears. High elves are most commonly found on the continent of Lumidelvum, where they live in cities with doorways only accessible by members of their race.

Orcborn are the result of a union between two parents: one human, one orc. They take on the best qualities of both races, with the physique and constitution of orcs combined with the adaptability and resolve of humans. Many orcborn are considered "unintelligent" by human standards, though they are still more intelligent than pure orcs; however, a few orcborn are just as intelligent as humans, albeit with a few orcish personality traits. Pure orcs see orcborn as physically weaker than them, though they see their human-like resolve as a strength to make up for it. A few communities of true-breeding orcborn exist in the world, with most living on the continent of Kobelia.

Next time: information on the dwarves and elfborn!

*Squidkid Shorts

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

Admin
View user profile

on March 17th 2013, 7:49 pm
@GamerZack7 You're an amazing author. Wink

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on March 18th 2013, 9:23 am
Rukiafan wrote:@GamerZack7 You're an amazing author. Wink
I can confirm that Wink Thank you Rukiafan! You're so kind!

Please, Zack, provide us with your latest.... Scene 12. This will be so good, I'm sure it will be! YAAY! cheers

on March 18th 2013, 3:42 pm
Okay, okay, settle down! I'll work on getting it done...today! Very Happy

*Squidkid Shorts

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

on March 20th 2013, 5:04 pm
Ready for act three of the pilot? I'm sure you are! Okay, here we GO! Very Happy

Scene 12: Newt’s Cottage: Morning

Amethyst and Zed are seated in armchairs surrounding a small table. Newt is looking through his bookcase. He pulls a book from the shelf.

Newt: Ah, yes. Here it is.

Newt walks over to the table and sits in an armchair. He places the heavy book onto the table and opens it, flipping through pages until he finds the right one.

Newt: This page contains all I know of the Silverian Empire.

Zed: It’s blank.

Newt: You are correct. Now…

Newt places his hand above the page.

Newt: “Houpetor irthir!

The page begins to glow. As it does so, words and images appear on the page.

Zed: Incredible…

Amethyst: Indeed.

Newt: The Silverian Empire stretched beyond the borders of Ornoposia all the way to Granrelm, Tundwaldun, Gnomsland, Verdelvum, Lumidelvum and Kobelia, with smaller settlements in most other continents.

Amethyst: They must have been well-known then.

Newt: Oh, they were. The empire was made up almost entirely of Ornoposian humans, who spread their culture and customs, and indeed the Common tongue, to all corners of Junihoshi.

Zed: So what happened to it?

Newt: Like all good things it came to an end, but not without leaving behind its legacy.

Amethyst holds her crystal within her delicate fingers.

Amethyst: The crystals…

Newt: A mere fragment of a much larger collection of artefacts, many of which remain concealed within ancient ruins and other places ravaged by monsters.

Zed: So the city-state of Silveria was the capital of the empire?

Newt: That is most likely. It would have been the last bastion of the empire left in a world teeming with chaos.

Zed: Chaos?

Newt: Indeed. War had broken out across the empire as factions began to emerge, each claiming ownership of the dominion. They fought for decades, civilisation crumbling away, until only the Kingdom of Silveria remained.

Zed: So what could have protected Silveria from the chaos?

Newt: My guess is it was the Astral Beings themselves who ceased the bloodshed, restoring order to Junihoshi.

Amethyst: Could they be allowed to interact directly with mortals?

Newt: In times of crisis they have been said to descend and lay aid to the peoples of Junihoshi. Their direct involvement was obviously the only way to bring peace to a troubled world.

Zed: And the artefacts?

Newt: Nobody knows their true purpose. Indeed, few even know of their existence.

Zed: Then there’s no way of knowing what the crystals do.

Amethyst: I know of one of their functions. They each provide a small boon to their respective owners. My crystal, for example, provides a slight increase in intellect.

Newt: If that is true, then there is a much greater goal intended for them.

Zed: Will it be possible to figure it out?

Newt: In time, you will learn the full extent of your gift.

Newt smiles at Zed.

Scene 13: Town Square: Late Morning

Amethyst and Zed walk past the fountain.

Zed: Well, I guess that was slightly informative.

Amethyst: Even the littlest knowledge can change the world.

Zed: True. So, what boon does my crystal provide?

Amethyst: Alas, I know not.

Zed: Really? Whoa, that’s mysterious…

Amethyst: We have one more place to visit before we must go.

Zed: Oh, I have a toilet in my house if-

Amethyst giggles.

Amethyst: I have something else in mind. Follow me.

Amethyst walks past Zed. Zed begins to follow.

Zed: Lead on, Master Wizard!

Scene 14: Taylor’s Treasures: Late Morning

Zed and Amethyst enter Taylor’s Treasures, the little bell jingling as the door opens and closes.

Zed: Of course. There’s no better place in town to buy adventuring gear.

Amethyst: So I have seen.

Mrs. Taylor heads downstairs.

Mrs. Taylor: Ah, I wondered if you’d pop in before you left.

Zed: You heard?

Mrs. Taylor: Of course, lad. Mr. Newt tells me everything.

Zed: Wow, news travels fast in this town!

Mrs. Taylor: I took the liberty of preparing your supplies.

Mrs. Taylor heads behind the counter, reaching under it and pulling out a box containing some adventuring gear. She places the box on the counter.

Mrs. Taylor: Okay, this is your adventurer’s kit.

Mrs. Taylor pulls out a blue-coloured leather shoulder bag and places it on the counter.

Mrs. Taylor: It has a collapsible bedroll, food, a pre-filled waterskin and some other bits and bobs. It’ll come in handy.

Mrs. Taylor pulls out a bag and places it on the counter.

Mrs. Taylor: This is a breather. It’s a special mask for you to wear in case you run into a gas trap while exploring a dungeon. I’ve always thought the latest technology should be practical and useful.

Zed: Gotta love those xenoxans.

Mrs. Taylor: And this…this is a special gift from me.

Mrs. Taylor reaches into the box and pulls out a silver recorder and a navy blue velvet bag with drawstring.

Mrs. Taylor: I thought you could use a new flute. This one is supposed to make the most pleasant music, so I’ve been told.

Zed: Oh, Mrs. Taylor…

Mrs. Taylor: Come, lad. You do so much for me. This is my way of thanking you.

Mrs. Taylor smiles. Zed reaches into his pocket, pulling out the two halves of his wooden recorder. He assembles it and holds it out to Mrs. Taylor.

Zed: I want you to have my old flute. To remember me by.

Mrs. Taylor and Zed exchange recorders. Mrs. Taylor smiles.

Mrs. Taylor: I’ll treasure it every day, lad.

A tear rolls down Zed’s cheek. He holds out his hands. Mrs. Taylor steps forward and embraces Zed with a big hug.

Mrs. Taylor: Take care of yourself, lad. Find your place in the world.

Zed: I’ll try to come back one day.

Mrs. Taylor: You try your hardest, Zed Starmute.

Mrs. Taylor and Zed let go of one another. Zed walks over to the counter.

Zed: Should I pay for these?

Mrs. Taylor: Amethyst already took care of it.

Zed looks at Amethyst, a puzzled look on his face.

Amethyst: I put the money on the counter while you were saying your farewells.

Zed smiles.

Zed: Thank you.

Amethyst: Just doing my duty.

Zed removes his cape, places the satchel over his shoulder, re-dons his cape, opens a front pocket and places the breather inside. He picks up the flute, disassembles it, places it into the velvet bag, pulls the drawstring and places it into his pocket.

Zed: Thank you for everything, Mrs. Taylor.

Mrs. Taylor: It was my pleasure, lad.

Another tear rolls down Zed’s cheek as both he and Amethyst leave the shop, the bell jingling as they do so. Mrs. Taylor watches them as they disappear from view.

Mrs. Taylor: We will meet again, lad…

Scene 15: En Route to The Name Pending Tavern: Early Afternoon

Amethyst and Zed walk along a well-worn road, wooden fences separating it from some green meadows.

Amethyst: You seem to have a strong bond with Mrs. Taylor.

Zed: I don’t know where I would be without her.

Amethyst: Is she a family member?

Zed: No.

Amethyst: She treats you like a son nonetheless.

Zed: She was the first one to help me when I stumbled into town.

Amethyst: Had something happened?

Zed sighs.

Zed: I have no memory of my life prior to walking into town. It was late one night, and I was wearing some kinda weird clothes. I was confused, and I didn’t know what was happening.

Amethyst: That sounds awful.

Zed: Nothing felt right whatsoever. Then I came across Taylor’s Treasures. I walked inside and explained everything to Mrs. Taylor. She took me in and gave me a place to sleep and work.

Amethyst: No wonder you are very close to one another.

Zed: Mrs. Taylor took me to the best oracles when they came to town, but they couldn’t figure out which constellation I was born under. They called me a blank slate, which earned me the nickname “The Star Mute One”. It’s as though I hadn’t existed prior to that moment. And yet I know I’ve lived for a while before that.

Amethyst: So you wish to find the place from whence you hail.

Zed: That’s part of my goal, yes.

Zed thinks to himself.

Zed: So you’re the guardian of the crystals?

Amethyst: I am indeed. On my one-hundredth birthday I was approached by one of the Elders of my citadel, who told me that I was destined to find the secret of the crystals. The crystals glowed as the box containing them was handed to me, meaning that I had been chosen by them as their distributor. I was told to find the owners of the crystals and journey with them, and together we would find out their true purpose. It took 45 years before I found the second crystal owner.

Zed: And who was it?

Amethyst smiles at Zed.

Amethyst: Why don’t you wait until we reach the tavern? I am sure the suspense will lead to a much greater surprise.

Zed: Fair enough.

Scene 16: The Name Pending Tavern: Afternoon

Amethyst and Zed enter the tavern. Zed looks around and sees a few adventurers sitting at tables. Three human males, presumably fighters, are gathered around a short-bearded dwarf wearing silver armour. The dwarf speaks with a thick Nordic-infused Scottish accent.

Dwarf: So there we were, surrounded by twelve Elek worshippers. They outnumbered us two-to-one, and the rogue very nearly gave us the slip!

Fighter #1: Rogues’ll do that to ya if ya let ‘em!

Dwarf: Ye think I’d let the rogue abandon us like that? When facing evil, we all must stand together and help however we can! I’d never let’m avoid Alistair’s goals!

Fighter #2: So what did you do?

Dwarf: What else could we do? We showed ‘em who’s boss! They won’t be hurtin’ anyone anytime soon!

The dwarf swallows a mouthful of mead from his mug. Amethyst walks over to the dwarf. Zed follows behind.

Amethyst: Good afternoon, Thobrun. I gather you are telling stories of our exploits to these gentlemen?

Thobrun: Indeed I am, Amethyst. I’m teachin’ ‘em how to fight evil as best they can.

Thobrun sees Zed standing behind Amethyst.

Thobrun: And this must be the young wizard Amethyst believes is the seventh crystal owner.

Zed: H-Hi. I’m Zed.

Thobrun stands up. He stands at about two-thirds the height of Zed, though he is broadly-built to make up for it.

Thobrun: Good ta meet you, Zed. Thobrun Steelanvil, paladin of Alistair Goodheart.

Thobrun bows. Zed bows right back.

Thobrun: Can I buy ye a drink, Zed?

Zed: Oh, I don’t drink alcohol.

Thobrun: Oh, no problem, lad. I can respect that.

Amethyst: I was just going to introduce Zed to the others.

Thobrun: I think they’re in the den upstairs.

Amethyst: Are you ready to meet your future companions, Zed?

Zed: Yep. Lead the way.

Amethyst: Very well.

Amethyst climbs the stairs, with Zed following behind. Zed looks around, and sees a male halfling in dark blue leather armour, a male gnome with green hair and a blonde elfborn girl wearing golden-yellow chainmail.

Amethyst: Bryn? Brocc? Emily? Allow me to introduce the seventh member of our team, Zed Starmute.

Zed waves.

Zed: Hi.

Bryn speaks with what sounds like a slightly-Cockney English accent.

Bryn: Well, well, well, how did I know it’d be a human?

Bryn walks over to Zed. He stands at roughly half Zed’s height. His slick black hair curves forward at its base. He has no facial hair.

Bryn: Name’s Bryn. The Loveable Rogue.

Bryn holds out his hand. Zed bends down slightly and shakes hands with Bryn.

Bryn: Ah, so you know the Granrelmian bow. I respect that, Zed.

Brocc speaks with what sounds like a European-infused American accent which sounds slightly elevated in pitch.

Brocc: Amethyst, he’s huge! Are you sure he isn’t a giantborn?

Bryn: Of course he isn’t, Brocc! Look at his build. He’s definitely a human.

Brocc walks over to Zed and looks up at him. He is slightly taller than Bryn, though most of the added height is his tall, spiky hair.

Brocc: Oh, you’re right. Sometimes it’s hard to tell. I’m Brocc Farshot, and I’m an entertainer! A bard! A lyricist!

Bryn: You can’t sing!

Brocc: No, but I still write songs, don’t I?

Bryn: Well, I can’t argue with that logic.

Emily walks over to Zed. She smiles sweetly and speaks with a soft, feminine voice.

Emily: It’s a pleasure to meet you, Zed. My name is Emily Summers, and I am a cleric of Marilina Silverblade.

Emily curtsies. Zed bows.

Zed: Is that everybody?

Amethyst: There is still one more member you must meet.

Zed: I thought so.

Bryn: He’s in the shower.

Amethyst: Really?

Bryn: I know, we were surprised as well.

A door opens, and a male orcborn steps through. He is not wearing a shirt. He rubs his black hair with a towel, then slings the towel over his right shoulder. He walks up to Amethyst and speaks with a rough American voice.

Orcborn: Amethyst. You’re back!

Amethyst: Indeed.

The orcborn looks at Zed.

Orcborn: I thought you said you were bringing back the most naturally-talented wizard in that town.

Amethyst: I have. This is Zed.

Orcborn: He can’t be more than 25 years old. That’s not experienced enough.

Amethyst: Actually, he is 27.

Orcborn: Still not experienced enough. He’s got green written all over him.

Brocc: Uh, I thought that was me.

Orcborn: Our mission is very dangerous. Who’s gonna protect this kid if he gets into trouble?

Amethyst: I believe that’s your job.

Orcborn: I don’t want to see another innocent get hurt.

Amethyst: Please! At least let him prove himself.

Orcborn: I’m sorry, but it’s too risky. First thing tomorrow, we’re taking him back to wherever he came from. I can’t put him in any danger.

Amethyst: But-

Orcborn: That’s final!

The orcborn returns to his room. A bitter sting of disappointment spreads across Zed’s face. Amethyst hangs her head and sighs.

Commercial: Welcome to The Budding Alchemist. Here you may buy any manner of supplies including potions, alchemical reagents, spell components, and the largest collection of scrolls in town. We serve everybody, from the magically gifted to those who just need a scroll of Sending. We are open every day from 8AM to 10PM. The Budding Alchemist: not just for alchemists!

Well, there's still one more act to come your way before the series officially begins! Are you looking forward to it? Stay tuned! Wink

*Squidkid Shorts

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

on March 23rd 2013, 4:02 pm
As a CoS fan, I must say this has been the most exquisite part so far...

Bloody well done, mate! Wink

lol!

on March 23rd 2013, 4:44 pm
Samantha wrote:As a CoS fan, I must say this has been the most exquisite part so far...

Bloody well done, mate! Wink

lol!
You're turning Au-Aussie! I think you're turning Au-Aussie! I really think so! lol!

*Squidkid Shorts

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

on March 23rd 2013, 6:02 pm
GamerZack7 wrote:You're turning Au-Aussie! I think you're turning Au-Aussie! I really think so! lol!

You're kind of a stickybeak, aren't you, crow eater? Well, she'll be right, mate! As long as you keep those ripper dogs Angrus and LunarBas(s)e(t) as well as Mauzi the catweazle right where they're sitting in that picture of yours I won't grizzle.

PS: I might call you Boomer Wink

Last edited by Samantha on March 23rd 2013, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum