View previous topicGo downView next topic

Crystals of Silveria Series Hub & Junihoshi Guidebook - By GamerZack7

on January 31st 2013, 5:48 pm
Season 1 can be found right here!

Webisodes can be found right here!

It's time for a sneak-peek at a pseudo-TV series I've been working on for a while. This is the first roughly ten minutes of Crystals of Ornoposia's series premiere, which introduces two of the main characters and sets the stage for what's to come in future episodes. If people like it enough then I'll post episodes on a regular basis. Anyway, here's your starter. The main course comes later! Wink

Scene 1: Zed’s House: Early Morning

The sun rises over a secluded township in the middle of a vast green plain, the citizens slowly awakening one-by-one and preparing for their day. Shops filled with all sorts of wares open their doors; bakers begin baking bread, cakes and other tasty treats; the owners of The Naked Drake tavern prepare the daily breakfast specials. In a small house on the outskirts of town, a young man is in a restless slumber, tossing and turning. His eyes suddenly fly open and he sits up in his bed.

Young man (thoughts): Whoa, those dreams are getting even more intense than usual.

The young man swings his legs around to the side of his bed, placing his feet gently on the floor. He stands up and walks over to his wardrobe, pulling out a white long-sleeved shirt and brown pants. He pulls the shirt over his head, pushing his arms through both sleeves. He then sits back on his bed, pushing his legs through the pants, then he stands up and pulls them over his waist, zipping up the zipper and securing the button. He then sits down once again and pulls a pair of clean socks from his drawer, separating them and pulling them over his feet. Finally, he grabs a pair of tall brown boots, checking them for bugs before pulling them onto his feet. He stands up and walks into his washroom. He gazes into his mirror, opening his mouth and biting onto his hand. The man’s hand glows with a bright blue light, illuminating his entire mouth for a moment before dissipating. He turns on a tap and rinses a cup, then fills it with water. He takes a mouthful and sloshes it around, spitting it into the sink. He then empties the cup and turns off the tap.

Young man: “There! A clean mouth for a fresh new day.”

The man thinks to himself, then realises something.

Young man: “Oh, my hair!”

The man holds his hand over his forehead. His hand glows. As he moves it upward, his messy, bright red hair spikes vertically. He moves his hand away, and it stops glowing.

Young man: “Right. Breakfast.”

The young man heads downstairs, grabs a banana from his fruit bowl and eats it. He discards the peel in the compost box, then washes his hands and dries them. He picks up a pair of brown gauntlets and puts them on, then he makes his way to the door and grabs his brown sleeveless jacket. He puts it on and does up the buttons. He then opens the door and steps through it, closing it behind him. Finally, he locks the door with his key. As he turns around a bouncy ball lands next to his foot. He looks at the ball, then at the two boys running towards him.

Boy #1: “Good morning, Mr. Zed!”

Zed: “Good morning! How are you?”

Boy #1: “Very good!”

Boy #2: “It’s my birthday today!”

Zed: “Ah, and this must be your present.”

Boy #2: “Yes it is!”

Boy #1: “Will you kick it over please, sir?”

Zed: “Sure.”

Zed kicks the ball to the boys. The second one grabs it.

Boy #2: “Thanks, Mr. Zed!”

Zed: “No problem.”

Boy #1: “Are you going to work then?”

Zed: “Yep.”

Boy #1: “Okay then.”

Zed: “Enjoy your birthday!”

Boy #2: “I will, Mr. Zed!”

The boys run off with the ball. Zed smiles and shakes his head slightly, then makes his way into town.

Scene 2: Town Square: Morning

Zed makes his way through the town square. Already, people are milling about, ready to do some early morning shopping. Zed walks up to a crowd of people who are gathered around a travelling entertainer. He breathes a jet of flame through his mouth and the crowd claps. Some people deposit copper and silver pieces into a hat, which is on the ground next to the man. Zed deposits two gold pieces into the man’s hat. The man faces Zed and does a gentlemanly bow. He then picks up three balls and begins to juggle. The crowd claps and cheers as Zed makes his way to Taylor’s Treasures. A bell jingles as Zed opens the door and walks inside, closing the door behind him. The shop’s shelves are lined with various trinkets and wondrous items. A middle-aged woman with glasses heads downstairs into the small shop.

Zed: Good morning, Mrs. Taylor.

Mrs. Taylor: Ah, good morning, young Zed. Here bright an’ early for work, are you?

Zed: I sure am.

Mrs. Taylor: That’s grand. How was your night, lad?

Zed: I had another weird dream. I kinda figure it might have something to do with my past.

Mrs. Taylor: Well, they say that dreams are the gateway to another world. Maybe your past has fled to it.

Zed laughs.

Zed: You never know, I guess.

Zed looks around the shop.

Zed: So, what am I doing today?

Mrs. Taylor: Inventory. I’m just waitin’ for the delivery man to arrive. He’s late again!

The bell jingles as the door opens. The delivery man walks in.

Deliveryman: Mornin’, Mrs. Taylor!

Mrs. Taylor: Mornin’, Mr. Deliveryman. What have you got for us today?

Deliveryman: Three big boxes o’ wondrous items for ya.

Mrs. Taylor: Oh, grand. Just leave ‘em next to the counter.

Deliveryman: Will do, Mrs. Taylor.

The deliveryman unloads the boxes next to the counter. He heads backward towards the door, opening it. The bell jingles as he retreats backwards through it.

Deliveryman: Have a good day, you two!

Mrs. Taylor: Will do.

Zed: You too.

The door closes. Zed picks up the smallest box, places it onto the counter and opens it with a small knife.

Zed: Are these bags of holding?!

Mrs. Taylor: Aye, they are, lad. They can hold many times more items than meets the eye. Perfect for the travelling adventurer.

Zed: Awesome!

Mrs. Taylor: Right, I’d like you to put ‘em on display in the shop window. Try to make ‘em look enticing for anybody who might want to buy one.

Zed: We haven’t seen any adventurers in here for months. Do you think we’ll be able to sell them?

Mrs. Taylor: Oh, I hope so. Adventurers may not often come here, but when they do, we need to be prepared.

Zed nods.

Zed’s thoughts: I wonder what it’d be like to be an adventurer…

Scene 3: Outside Zed’s House: Early Afternoon

A young elven woman with long brown hair, purple eyes and a purple robe enters town. She is carrying a silver staff, its only feature being a purple orb at one end, which is partly-engulfed by a finely-sculpted dragon. She makes her way over to the two boys, still playing with their ball.

Young woman: Good morning, boys.

The boys look at the young woman, and an expression of surprise spreads across their faces.

Boy #1: Flip! It’s an elf!

Boy #2: I heard that the long ears of the elves can hear the voices of the faeries!

Boy #1: Wow, is that true miss?!

The young woman giggles.

Young woman: Well, I hear that children can hear the faeries’ voices…if they listen hard enough.

Boy #2: Wow! That’s incredible!

Young woman: I was wondering if you would be kind enough to assist me.

Boy #1: Of course! We’ll help however we can!

Young woman: I’m looking for the young man who lives in that house.

The young woman points the orb end of her staff at Zed’s house.

Boy #1: Oh, you mean Mr. Zed! He’s at work right now.

Boy #2: I think he works in a shop called Taylor’s Trinkets.

Young woman: Many thanks. You have been most helpful.

The young woman bows gracefully, then makes her way into town. The boys turn to each other with excitement.

Boy #2: Children can hear the voices of faeries!

Boy #1: I’m going to listen to a faerie first!

Boy #2: No, it’s my birthday, so I’m going to hear one first!

Scene 4: Town Square: Early Afternoon

The young woman makes her way to the entertainer, a crowd of people still gathered around him. He performs a small dance, then stops and raises his arms into the air. As he does so, two jets of confetti seem to burst through the ground next to him straight into the air. The young woman is amused by the entertainer’s illusion and deposits five gold pieces into his hat. The man looks into his hat, a big smile on his face, before he sings and dances excitedly. The crowd laughs as the young woman makes her way to the shop. She stops and checks the sign.

Young woman: Taylor’s Treasures…I am sure this must be the shop to which those boys were referring.

The young woman enters the shop, the little bell jingling as she opens and closes the door. Mrs. Taylor greets her with a smile.

Mrs. Taylor: Welcome to my humble shop, lass. If there’s anything you need, don’t be afraid to ask.

Young woman: Actually, I was wondering if you could assist me with locating an employee of yours. Somebody named “Mr. Zed”, I believe.

Mrs. Taylor: Ah, Zed. One of my most dedicated staff members. I’m sorry, lass, but he’s out having lunch right now.

Young woman: Ah, I see. When he returns, would you please be so kind as to ask him to meet me in The Naked Drake?

Mrs. Taylor: The tavern? Oh, he never sets foot in there, lass. Don’t ask me why. I suppose I could pass on the message though.

Young woman: Many thanks to you, ma’am. My name is Amethyst, by the way.

Mrs. Taylor: A pleasure. I’ll pass on your message, don’t you worry.

Amethyst: Again, many thanks to you.

Amethyst bows gracefully to Mrs. Taylor, then leaves the shop, the bell jingling as she exits. Mrs. Taylor laughs.

Mrs. Taylor: The Naked Drake…I wonder how they came up with that name.

Mrs. Taylor begins to sweep the floor with a broom.

Scene 5: Taylor’s Treasures: Early Afternoon

Zed enters the shop, the little bell jingling as he opens and closes the door.

Zed: I’m back, Mrs. Taylor.

Mrs. Taylor: Ah, Zed. There was a young lass in ‘ere earlier asking for you.

Zed: M-me?

Mrs. Taylor: Aye, lad. She seemed very eager to meet you.

Zed: Well that’s odd. Do you know who it was?

Mrs. Taylor: I’m not sure. All she said was to look for Amethyst at The Naked Drake.

Zed: The tavern? I don’t go in there.

Mrs. Taylor: I know, lad. She seemed sure you’d go, though.

Zed: Well, I guess I could take a look in there.

Mrs. Taylor: You do what you feel is right, lad.

Zed: Okay, I’ll go there first thing after work.

Mrs. Taylor: Well then, I think that’ll do for your shift today.

Zed: What? But I still have work to do!

Mrs. Taylor: Come now, lad. You do a lot for me. Take the afternoon off. You won’t lose pay for it.

Zed: I’m not concerned about the money. I am curious to know what that girl wants with me, though.

Mrs. Taylor: Very well. I’ll see you next week, then.

Zed: Okay. Have a good day.

Mrs. Taylor: To you as well, lad.

Zed exits the shop, the little bell jingling as he does so.

Scene 6: The Naked Drake: Afternoon

Zed walks inside the tavern. It is practically deserted, save for a couple of individuals at different tables.

Zed’s thoughts: Huh. This place isn’t so bad.

Zed walks up to the bartender behind the counter.

Bartender: Welcome to The Naked Drake. I am Orrin, co-owner of this tavern. Is there anything I can get you, sir?

Zed: Uh, no thanks. I’m looking for someone named Amethyst.

Orrin: Ah, you must be Zed. Amethyst is at the table just there.

Orrin points to the table nearest the counter. Amethyst is seated, her staff laid out across the tabletop.

Zed: Thanks. Have a good day.

Orrin: If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Zed: No problem.

Zed walks over to Amethyst. Amethyst looks up at Zed, then stands up.

Amethyst: You must be Zed.

Zed: How did you guess?

Amethyst: You’re the first person to walk up to me today, so naturally I assumed that you are the one for whom I am searching.

Zed: It’s nice to meet you.

Amethyst: To you as well. My name is Amethyst Moondew, elven wizard. You…are much taller than I thought you would be. Taller than most humans I have met.

Zed: A neighbour of mine calls me “the gentle half-giant”.

Amethyst giggles.

Amethyst: I knew I would like you. Come, we must practice.

Amethyst picks up her staff and starts to head towards the door.

Zed: Practice what?

Amethyst stops and turns to face Zed, a smile on her face.

Amethyst: Your magic, of course!

Amethyst turns back and once again heads for the door.

Zed: How did you know I could use magic?

Zed starts to follow Amethyst.

Scene 7: Meadow: Afternoon

Zed and Amethyst walk to the top of a hill covered in short, green grass.

Amethyst: Okay, here we are.

Zed: This is the meadow near my house.

Amethyst: It is the perfect place to test your abilities.

Zed: I should let you know, I’m not the best at using magic.

Amethyst: Everybody is inexperienced at first. With time, your abilities will develop.

Amethyst holds up her staff. A glowing purple orb appears in mid-air ten feet in front of Zed.

Amethyst: Would you please demonstrate your use of Magic Missile?

Zed: Uh, okay. I’m a bit rusty, but here goes.

Zed raises his right hand, aiming it at the orb.

Zed: “Magic Missile!”

A small bright-blue marble flies from Zed’s hand, striking the orb right in the centre. Both the marble and orb disappear in a flash of light.

Amethyst: A perfect hit! Well done!

Zed: I don’t know how I did that!

Amethyst: Okay, now for something trickier.

Amethyst holds up her staff again. Another purple orb appears ten feet in front of Zed, except this one moves slowly back and forth from left to right.

Zed: Okay, here I go.

Zed holds up his right hand, aiming it in front of him. Zed focuses on the path of the orb.

Another blue marble flies from Zed’s outstretched hand, striking the orb in the middle and causing them both to disappear in a flash of light.

Amethyst: Impressive! Another perfect hit!

Zed: I’m not even very familiar with Magic Missile!

Amethyst: Shall we try one last test?

Zed: Well…okay then.

Amethyst: Very well.

Amethyst holds up her staff again. A third orb appears ten feet in front of Zed, moving slowly clockwise in a perfect circle. Zed stretches out his hand, focusing on the orb’s path.

A blue marble flies from Zed’s hand, striking the top-left of the orb. The orb falls to the ground, disappearing in a flash of light as it makes contact.

Amethyst: Not as perfect, but still a hit. I’m impressed.

Zed: Thank you.

Amethyst: I have a gift for you.

Zed: A gift? For me?

Amethyst reaches into her satchel, pulling out a wooden box with a silver clasp. She undoes the clasp, swinging the box open so that Zed can gaze upon the contents. Inside the box are seven alcoves, with one of the alcoves containing a triangular, cyan-coloured crystal.

Amethyst: This box contains the seventh in a set of crystals. My allies and I have each of our lives entwined with one of the crystals. It is my assumption that you are to be the owner of this one, the Azure Crystal.

Zed: Me? Are you sure?

Amethyst: There is only one way for me to truly be sure.

Zed: I don’t know…I don’t really see myself as being very special.

Amethyst smiles.

Amethyst: The crystal will tell you if you’re special.

Zed: Really?

Amethyst: The crystals select their owners. They see the truth of their owners’ potential. Clutch it. We will know if it is meant to be.

Zed steps forward. He reaches out his hand and picks up the crystal. As he opens his hand, the crystal’s centre glows with a bright light.

Zed: Whoa…that is awesome!

Amethyst: It seems as though your potential is greater than you realised.

Zed watches as the crystal’s light fades slightly, still glowing dimly in its centre.

Amethyst: This crystal is meant for you, Zed. When you wear it, you will form an eternal bond with it.

Zed: Like this?

Zed places the crystal around his neck. The light within its centre shines bright enough to illuminate the immediate area, before returning to a low level of constant light within the centre.

Amethyst: It would make me so happy for you to become my apprentice. Together with my allies and I, you may see the wonders of this land, and beyond. I could train you to master your talent.

Zed: I…I don’t know what to say.

Amethyst: Would you like to become an adventurer?

Zed thinks to himself briefly.

Zed’s thoughts: Maybe by adventuring, I can figure out who I truly am.

Zed: Okay, I’ll do it!

Commercial: Are you an adventurer who’s just come to town? Then stop by Taylor’s Treasures! We have everything for the budding traveller from adventuring gear to wondrous items and everything in between. We have the cheapest bags of holding in the region - never lose your most valuable items again…for less! Taylor’s Treasures, just around the corner from The Naked Drake!

Well, that's your sample! What do you think? Be sure to shout out your comments below! Smile

Last edited by GamerZack7 on July 17th 2014, 3:54 pm; edited 7 times in total

Click here to see the Chromaicora Adventures Boxed Set

"That's CAPTAIN You Little Runt! Now go back to the brig, Deshway!"
-- Sven, Shell of Thal
Admin
View user profile

Re: Crystals of Silveria Series Hub & Junihoshi Guidebook - By GamerZack7

on February 1st 2013, 12:18 am
That was an incredible preview GamerZack! Surprised

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on February 4th 2013, 11:45 pm
Incredibly well written story here, Zack! Well done!!

Now you'll need to change that avatar Wink ...
He stands up and walks over to his wardrobe, pulling out a white long-sleeved shirt and brown pants.

haha!

on February 5th 2013, 7:15 pm
It is an amazing story GamerZack! Very Happy

on February 5th 2013, 10:27 pm
Thank you, everybody! I'll post more episodes, including the full-length pilot, once I complete enough of them. Very Happy

-- Sven, Shell of Thal

on February 28th 2013, 2:13 am
Okay, it's time for some more info on Crystals of Ornoposia! The concept for the story is an ongoing series written in the style of a TV show, a bit like Mushroom Force except pre-written by yours truly. The story revolves around a mysterious artefact discovered in the heart of Ornoposia, a continent resembling a pseudo-medieval England and Western Europe. The artefact itself is in seven pieces, each one a coloured crystal with a unique shape, and each one belongs to one of the protagonists.

The primary protagonist is Zed, a young human with no memory of his place of origin or anybody who lives there. He knows almost everything else about himself, which means he doesn't strictly have amnesia. He discovered a spellbook in a shop called The Budding Alchemist, and, after reading the word "Prestidigitation" on the cover (and subsequently turning his hair temporarily blue), discovered that he is a natural mage, one who casts magic with little need of study. His talents eventually reached the pointy ears of a certain elf...

Amethyst Moondew, a 150-year-old elven mage, is Zed's instructor in the arcane arts. She is sweet and kind, and giggles whenever something amuses her. Unlike other wood elves, who have eyes of green, brown or other colours of the forest, she has purple eyes, which are an eye colour only seen amongst the high elves. Once she got wind of Zed's natural affinity for magic, Amethyst dragged her party across the continent in search of him, which left the other party leader feeling a bit unsure about her reasoning...

More info coming soon...stay tuned! Wink

-- Sven, Shell of Thal

on February 28th 2013, 9:48 am
Surprised Awww.... how long do I need to wait for the next part? It's getting really good now Smile ...
Admin
View user profile

on February 28th 2013, 12:03 pm
I can't wait. Wink

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on February 28th 2013, 2:53 pm
Makkmak Clay is the other leader of the party, although he prefers to go by the name Mak. He is an orcborn, a person of both human and orc descent, and as such resembles a mixture of both races. Most of his form is like that of a human, though he has some orcish traits as well including larger, thicker eyebrows, greyish-olive skin and a slight underbite with protruding canines. His personal grooming leaves something to be desired, with stubble always covering his face and his short hair greasy from lack of hair washing. Mak is remarkably intelligent for an orcborn, able to solve problems with strategy and actual thought rather than with sheer force. He doesn't trust most strangers when meeting them for the first time, but once somebody shows him their true personality he becomes a trustworthy and dependable ally. If his friends ever fall into danger, Mak's stereotypical orcborn ferocity emerges to protect them, even at the risk of him being injured himself.
Samantha wrote:Surprised Awww.... how long do I need to wait for the next part? It's getting really good now Smile ...
I'll try and finish it today. Wink

-- Sven, Shell of Thal

on March 1st 2013, 5:11 pm
Er... Today was yesterday in my timezone Rolling Eyes lol!
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum