View previous topicView next topic

AVG: A Videogame Discussion: Gaming Revolution

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Written by: Nintenbro

As many of you may have noticed by now, we're gradually advancing into a digital revolution of gaming. With our economy and ecosystem in the state it has been in, it just makes good ethical sense to make the transition over from physical to digital.

So many options

Independant developers have been taking advantage of what the digital gaming market has to offer for years, and now even mainstream developers are recognizing the benefits of releasing retail videogames on an all digital service. Any retro gamer knows that cartridges require a battery for save files, and they need to eventually be replaced. CDs can eventually become too scratched to function properly, or can sometimes even be broken or stolen. None of this is the case with digital retail games; therefore, making them more affordable and practical.

Every gamers worst nightmare

Eventually, we will no longer have a choice of purchasing physical or digital copies, as more and more companies decide to phase out physical production. So what do we do with all of those cartridges and CDs we've already decided to purchase? Well, that's why I decided to initiate this discussion, because I've been thinking about a potential solution for this issue.

Nintendo has jumped on the bangwagon

What if retail gaming shops like GameStop would accept select cartridges and CDs as payment and provide you with a digital redemption code in return? I'm sure Nintendo and other publishers would be more than willing to compensate those retail shops, if it meant a smoother transition over into the digital age of gaming.

Would you be compliant with such a program?

As always, you're more than welcome to express your opinion's in the comment section below.

Last edited by Nintenbro on January 20th 2013, 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Comments

on January 21st 2013, 12:51 pmTasuki
@KingreX32 wrote:Digital Movies are cheaper, I like the price. LOL Im actually Downlo.......i mean Purchasing Prometheus right now.

Lol Yeah I saw that one a few months ago.
Imagine being able to watch all of your favorite digital movies on your WiiU GamePad or 3DS, streaming directly from an SD card or external hard-drive. I think that would be awesome! I also think it could be very possible in the future, whenever Nintendo finally gets around to networking our NNID's. Which will be compatible with your Mac or PC. Smile
on January 21st 2013, 2:06 pmTasuki
@Nintenbro wrote:Imagine being able to watch all of your favorite digital movies on your WiiU GamePad or 3DS, streaming directly from an SD card or external hard-drive. I think that would be awesome! I also think it could be very possible in the future, whenever Nintendo finally gets around to networking our NNID's. Which will be compatible with your Mac or PC. Smile

Well if you convert all your movies to MP4s than you can on the Wii U through the Wii Us browser.
all my movies are mp4s, its a compressed file type, so instead of my movies being 180gigs they are around 80.
on January 21st 2013, 5:55 pmReanfan
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
To be honest I'm not really digging the digital only future we've been hearing just due to the issues that frequently arise when the digital servers of a console are removed and many users lose the games they payed for. Neutral
on January 22nd 2013, 3:54 pmMs_Kinomoto
Um...I like digital but there are also so many downsides Sad
View previous topicView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum