View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

Warning Nortons Internet Security Has Been Attacked By A New Virus!

on January 14th 2013, 1:25 pm
Hackers have found a way to attack Norton protected computers by using the software against them and it's spreading like wildfire. My computer has been infected and will probably need to be repaired soon, so just be aware that this known issue is a serious risk to your computer if you have Nortons at the momment. Sad

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

Re: Warning Nortons Internet Security Has Been Attacked By A New Virus!

on January 14th 2013, 2:40 pm
dude, don't trust Norton. Ive never liked those guys. GO with Avast. Its so much better. Im sorry to hear that though dude.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Admin
View user profile

on January 14th 2013, 5:49 pm
Agree go with Avast or AVG free edition and dump Norton.
Admin
View user profile

on January 15th 2013, 1:43 pm
As long as no irreparable damage is done to my computer's software, should a new virus protection program be able to fix this issue?

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on January 15th 2013, 1:54 pm
I have Avast! and it's almost perfect. I say almost because I had to find a work-around to get MapleStory to work since Avast! treats it as though it's an incursion. In any case, go with Avast!. Wink

Click here to see the Chromaicora Adventures Boxed Set

"That's CAPTAIN You Little Runt! Now go back to the brig, Deshway!"
-- Sven, Shell of Thal
Admin
View user profile

on January 15th 2013, 8:20 pm
GamerZack wrote:I have Avast! and it's almost perfect. I say almost because I had to find a work-around to get MapleStory to work since Avast! treats it as though it's an incursion. In any case, go with Avast!. Wink
GamerZack wrote:I have Avast! and it's almost perfect. I say almost because I had to find a work-around to get MapleStory to work since Avast! treats it as though it's an incursion. In any case, go with Avast!. Wink

Thats why I go with AVG over Avast. I ran into the same problem with World of Warcraft and Avast. Avast would always block stuff from WoW or say it was a virus and wouldnt let it run properly. From what I have read AVG and Avast are equal.

on January 15th 2013, 8:27 pm
@Tasuki wrote:

Thats why I go with AVG over Avast. I ran into the same problem with World of Warcraft and Avast. Avast would always block stuff from WoW or say it was a virus and wouldnt let it run properly. From what I have read AVG and Avast are equal.
You triple-quoted me? lol!

Anyway, I've never had a problem running WoW on my PC with Avast! in the background. Maybe each copy is picky with which MMOs it'll let you run without pestering you about it. Wink

-- Sven, Shell of Thal
Admin
View user profile

on January 15th 2013, 10:15 pm
Yeah I triple quoted you. Actually the left button on my mouse is going out and sometimes when you click it once it registers as three clicks. I just didnt feel like deleting it.

on January 15th 2013, 10:36 pm
@Tasuki wrote:Yeah I triple quoted you. Actually the left button on my mouse is going out and sometimes when you click it once it registers as three clicks. I just didnt feel like deleting it.
Ah, that's okay then. My apologies, Tasuki-sama. Super Saiyen

-- Sven, Shell of Thal

on January 15th 2013, 10:38 pm
Avast sounds like pirate lingo. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum