Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer

What Have You Been Playing Lately?

+29
Sneaker
Ragnarok
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
Staroceancrazy
Megatron2000
SuperVash
DigiDestined
Elza
MetroidBlaster
FuManchu
Aussiegamer
sdw4527
FyreeTSG
KeAfan7
Chickgoboom
Akatsuki
FM_Alchemist
RyanNerdyGamer
visicalc
SkywardL
heerogonkenobi
gamerace
SKTTR
KokorOtaku
Biorn the Viking
Marth
KingreX32
Tasuki
NINTENBRO
33 posters
Go down
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Have You Been Playing Lately?

April 30th 2013, 7:30 pm
Just got Fludity spin cycle on sale for $8

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Have You Been Playing Lately?

April 30th 2013, 7:36 pm
KokorOtaku wrote:Just got Fludity spin cycle on sale for $8
Wrong thread! lol!

Try this one: https://www.wiiwarewave.com/t2613-your-most-recent-videogame-purchases Wink
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

May 4th 2013, 12:01 am
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS eShop)

Nano Assault EX (3DS eShop)
Some of the visuals in this game are the most impressive I've ever witnessed in a videogame. It's truly impressive what SHIN'EN has done here. And I thought FAST: Racing League had some impressive visuals for a WiiWare game. If SHIN'EN had included online multiplayer in FAST, it could've seriously been sold as a retail Wii title. Or at least sold at a higher price in the WiiShop.

May 12th 2013, 12:11 pm
Wonderboy III: The Dragon's Trap (Wii VC)

The original arcade version of Wonderboy In Monsterland has some really horrible hit detection issues. I chose the arcade version, because I read in various spots on NLife that the SMS version has some serious issues with hit detection. After playing some of The Dragon's Trap, I can say that it has way superior hit detection. Although, the graphics aren't as good. The game feels a whole lot different to play than Wonderboy II. Which is a good thing. Very Happy

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

May 12th 2013, 1:02 pm
I've been playing alot of La-Mulana lately. It's amazing how much harder the game is if you trigger the hard mode. Surprised

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 19654

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 87457210

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

May 12th 2013, 3:26 pm
I've been getting right into Pokémon White Version. I'm training my team of Pocket Monsters to prepare them for Driftveil Gym. My star players to battle Clay are:

-Drake (Ducklett) Lv. 27 (Male)
-Jack (Vanillite) Lv. 28 (Male)
-Greentea (Pansage) Lv. 28 (Male)

The rest of my party might not do so well in a Ground-type Gym, and they are:

-Gemma (Boldore) Lv. 29 (Female)
-Sandy (Sandile) Lv. 28 (Female)
-Porkbun (Pignite) Lv. 28 (Male)

The next Pokémon I'm looking to add to my team is a Tynamo, but I can't enter Chargestone Cave and catch one due to a Galvantula web blocking the way. Razz
Tasuki
Tasuki

May 12th 2013, 5:36 pm
Injustice: Gods Among Us for the Wii U. Turns out this game is even better than I expected.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

May 12th 2013, 9:59 pm
@Tasuki did you ever end up getting Fishing Resort? That's what I played after La-Mulana today. It's an awesome game. Wink

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 19654

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 87457210

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

May 14th 2013, 12:49 am
Pandora's Tower (Wii)
I just finished off the third tower, and this boss really reminded me of something out of TLoZ. So far, I'm at 29% completion. Which doesn't seem right for some reason.

May 15th 2013, 1:05 pm
Best handheld LEGO game ever! Nuff said... Very Happy

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

May 16th 2013, 12:28 am
Zeruda no Densetsu: Daichi no Kiteki, aka The Legend of Zelda: Steam Whistle of the Earth, aka The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. It's amazing! It's one of the best Nintendo DS games I've played so far! Very Happy
visicalc
visicalc

May 16th 2013, 6:07 am
Recently I've been playing an awful lot of the original Deus Ex on the PlayStation 2. It really is an excellent game and it only cost me £1. :-)
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

May 16th 2013, 10:06 am
@zack no it wasn't the wrong thread, I bought fluidity on sale Argo I playing it recently Razz

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

May 16th 2013, 3:19 pm
KokorOtaku wrote:@zack no it wasn't the wrong thread, I bought fluidity on sale Argo I playing it recently Razz
Ah, got it. Cool
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

May 25th 2013, 4:20 pm
I finished the story, but I've only reached 24.77% completion. There's still a lot of exploring left to do in this game, but it's disappointing that the story is so short, though.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS eShop)
I'm on chapter 19 now, so some of the free SpotPass prologues are finally accessible.

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

May 25th 2013, 4:25 pm
Pokémon White: I finally caught a Cubchoo! I nicknamed her Snowflake. I have also just arrived in Icirrus City.

Pokémon White 2: Both Gym Leader Cheren and I were down to our last Pokémon: His Lillipup vs. Chowder, my Oshawott. Chowder's HP was down to 1, and, with a well-timed Water Gun attack, victory was achieved! We earned the Basic Badge! cheers
FyreeTSG
FyreeTSG

May 26th 2013, 7:23 pm
Mario & DK: March of the Minis off the 3DS eShop...really fun Mario/Puzzle game Very Happy

visicalc

May 27th 2013, 8:36 am
I'm still playing Deus Ex on my PS2, I don't even think that I'm half-way through yet. I'm surprised at how addictive the game is. :-)
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

May 27th 2013, 2:33 pm
Fishing Resort (Wii)
I had an urge to do some fishing, and was lucky enough to finally "S" rank the Japanese Lobster and Black Rockfish. Which actually got me ranked in the current tournament. But I was only ranked in 229th place, so you won't find WiiAboutU on the leaderboard yet. Now I only need to "S" rank nine more species at Teman Paradise! Very Happy

June 8th 2013, 12:43 am
Link's Awakening DX (3DS VC)
I just purchased both of the TLoZ Oracle games on the 3DS VC, so I decided to begin this game over again. I'm quickly reaching the point that I last left off at. It's a little more enjoyable to play, when you know what you have to do.

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

June 8th 2013, 5:05 pm
Skylanders Giants for Wii. It's amazing! Surprised
sdw4527
sdw4527

June 8th 2013, 11:17 pm
Fire Emblem Awakening

Although it'll be AC New Leaf by the end of this week lol

June 9th 2013, 5:14 pm
^ Nice choice sdw4527! As addictive as Awakening is, you may not have much time for New Leaf. If you have any questions about the DLC, just ask.

August 1st 2013, 7:54 pm
Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)

When it comes down to the overall gameplay style, I've got to say, this game makes me feel kind of like a noob. Which I don't really understand, because I figured the gameplay mechanics would be pretty much the same as Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. This game takes it really rough on you at the beginning. Something that SMT:DS didn't do.

Super Coinage!

August 1st 2013, 9:55 pm
I just got Kirby Dream Land 2 and SMTIV today... I'm getting way too many games latley so many games on my SD card...

August 2nd 2013, 12:44 pm
^ What a coincidence, I just downloaded KDL2 last night. I only tried it out for a few minutes and wasn't intentionally trying to really get it into it or anything. I made it to the first boss fight and got my a** kicked. I was like WTF!? This is a Kirby game, isn't it? I remember completing the original Dream Land as a child in like 30 minutes, while driving around with my mother running erands.

August 2nd 2013, 1:17 pm
I have been enjoying mayor life in Animal Crossing New Leaf. It is the best game so far in the series! :-D
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

August 2nd 2013, 3:49 pm
Aussiegamer wrote:I have been enjoying mayor life in Animal Crossing New Leaf. It is the best game so far in the series! :-D
Me too. Isn't it weird how the seasons are all back-to-front, though? It's winter right now, not summer! lol!
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

August 2nd 2013, 8:20 pm
KokorOtaku wrote:I just got Kirby Dream Land 2 and SMTIV today... I'm getting way too many games latley so many games on my SD card...

Let me know what you think of SMTIV, once you have a chance to get a feeling for the gameplay. It can be pretty brutal at the beginning of the game, but don't let that deter you from a really great JRPG. You're still going to save some of the $30 eShop credit for M&L:DT, aren't you?

Super Coinage!

August 3rd 2013, 6:55 am
@nintenbro oh yes the $30 plus the $10 I get back from pikmin 3 will get me M&L 4 for free

August 3rd 2013, 1:47 pm
Pikmin 3 I got mine a day early thanks to the EB Games promotion. Twisted Evil

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 Opb10
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

August 15th 2013, 1:21 pm
The story is beginning to pickup in pace, and I believe I'm about to be doing battle with the second main boss in the game soon. I needed to take a break from this very dark game, with all of the demon fusing and grinding. So I decided to begin playing...

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS eShop)
I love how the overworld is basically desinged as a puzzle in itself, aside from the dungeon exploration. It reminds me a lot of how Skyward Sword was designed. Which is something I really love about that game. The art style is a pleasure to stare at it and boasts some of the sharpest 3D effects I've seen on the 3DS.

SteamWorld Dig (3DSWare)
This is a good game. It's just not built for longer play sessions, because the gameplay becomes very repetitious. I really like the art style, though. The controls are very smooth and responsive too.

September 3rd 2013, 1:10 pm
I just finished defeating the Hooraws, and have awoken Big Massif from the dream world. Next stop, Mount. Pajamaja! Well, after I finish that tedious sidequest for the two lovers in Wakeport. Everybody who owns a 3DS really needs to play this game. It really attests to the level of quality videogaming experience the 3DS has the potential to offer.

September 10th 2013, 1:12 pm
^ More of the same. Mount Pajamaja is pretty awesome. I really like how exploration always envolves a healthy dose of platforming action.

September 10th 2013, 3:10 pm
Diablo III on 360. I am just so hooked on this game. Lol
MetroidBlaster
MetroidBlaster

September 10th 2013, 3:34 pm
Metroid Prime 3 and Fishing Resort.

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 Metroi11
Elza
Elza

September 10th 2013, 5:13 pm
Chrono Trigger for the Wii vc. Smile

Admin

September 12th 2013, 3:42 pm
Pikmin 3 which I completed today. 100% fruit and log entries in 20h:10m. Took me 51 in-game days.

It's a beautiful game, with a funny plot, cool new enemies and awesome bosses, once again totally addicting, but also often extremely stressing because of the time pressure.

It felt too short compared to my 50h Pikmin 2 experience in 2004.
It also had weird control changes: always wondered why there is no swarming move like in Pikmin 1&2, and just after completing the game I found out about the new lock-on and rush-in move.
Also, I expected the final boss to be huge and found myself staring at the credits in disbelief after beating something that was reminiscent of a miniboss in Pikmin 2.

Personal gripes: Collectibles were presented in a simple and basic way in Pikmin 3 which I found disappointing compared to Pikmin 2's adorable gallery.
While story, new characters, KopPad and fruit make sense in context, just 30 different kinds of fruit is a bit.. shall i say 'uninteresting' compared to more than 200 different objects (with funny descriptions of the crew) you could collect in Pikmin 2.

It's no secret Pikmin 2 is one pf my favpurite games, and I'm a bit sad that Pikmin 3 didn't meet my expectations.
DigiDestined
DigiDestined
Super Coinage!

September 12th 2013, 4:16 pm
Toki Tori 2+ the newly updated features are amazing, it feels like a whole new game! =)

Dark Link: No I hate you too $#!%&$!
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

September 13th 2013, 9:48 am
Too many games... I've gotta stop (or at least slow down) since i spend a lot now days Sad

September 13th 2013, 3:25 pm
Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara I got the chance to play with Rukiafan the other day. victory

What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 FunnyTrigun2_zps9016bff1
SKTTR
SKTTR
Admin

September 13th 2013, 6:58 pm
I have 20 Wii U eShop exclusives now.

Here's my personal ranking.

01. ★★★★★★★★★☆ Toki Tori 2+
02. ★★★★★★★★★☆ The Cave
03. ★★★★★★★★★☆ Little Inferno
04. ★★★★★★★★☆☆ RUNNER2
05. ★★★★★★★★☆☆ Art Academy: SketchPad
06. ★★★★★★★★☆☆ Zen Pinball 2
07. ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition
08. ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ Chasing Aurora
09. ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ Trine 2 - Director's Cut
10. ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ Cloudberry Kingdom
11. ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ Pokémon Rumble U
12. ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ Nano Assault Neo
13. ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ Puddle
14. ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ Mighty Switch Force! - Hyper Drive Edition
15. ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party!!
16. ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆ Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
17. ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆ TANK! TANK! TANK! DL
18. ★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆ Kung Fu Rabbit
19. ★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ Funky Barn Download
20. ★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ Spot The Differences! Party
Anonymous

September 14th 2013, 11:17 am
I thought that Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams was really good so why is it so low on your list?
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

September 14th 2013, 8:47 pm
I played Pokémon White 2 yesterday for two hours straight...with no breaks! I was so immersed in what I was doing I lost track of time. My Sewaddle, Fern, evolved into Swadloon, and my Oshawott, Azul, evolved into Dewott as soon as he learned Fury Cutter. I then went to Castelia Gym, where Fern evolved into Leavanny shortly before I battled Burgh. Oh, and I caught a Petilil and named her Garnish.
SKTTR
SKTTR
Admin

September 15th 2013, 11:15 am
Kushina wrote:I thought that Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams was really good so why is it so low on your list?
Well, I loved Giana Sisters on C64 and I really liked Giana Sisters DS, but this one has too many issues for me. The core game is an 8 imo, but there is a number of problems I have with the game that drag down my enjoyment (and thus the score) drastically.

It's a solid and goodlooking game with lots of positives, but it's only fun if you play your games casually, say, your only goal is reaching the next stage and you do not care too much about your score, rank, diamonds collected, or best times. However, if you're like me and want to complete each stage, then you'll come across frustrating game mechanics and weird thoughtlacking design decisions that make you question if it's really worth all the trouble and time. To my conclusion, unfortunately it's not.

Hope the developers are aware and work on an update that makes this game the 8/10 it can and should be.
Anonymous

September 15th 2013, 12:28 pm
Will you change your rating of the game if a patch that fixes the problems is released?
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

September 16th 2013, 1:15 pm
I've just been grinding a little bit here and there, trying to level a few demons for fusion. I should be ready to battle Medusa, the next time I play.

I'm just about to reach the summit of Mount Pajamaja, still in search of the Dream Stone.

Admin

September 16th 2013, 6:28 pm
Kushina wrote:Will you change your rating of the game if a patch that fixes the problems is released?
Yep, I'm flexible with my ratings.
It's only fair to check out the changes in an updated game and re-rate the game accordingly.

NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

September 21st 2013, 3:31 pm
AiRace Speed (3DSWare)
This game is totally worth the $5, if you're into these kind of games. There's only 18 courses, but each course has multiple paths. There's also 42 achievements to obtain, and online leaderboards. All of which adds to the replay value. The graphics aren't too impressive, but the 3D is used really well. I haven't noticed any slowdown either.

September 21st 2013, 3:50 pm
I have been playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and finally unlocked the 6* online quests! Megatron Happy

I'm enjoying my new job in Tokyo! Megatron Happy

A photo I took of Nintendo HQ when I visited Kyoto! Megatron Excited/Sho
What Have You Been Playing Lately? - Page 2 53c5df15-b149-4f0c-b2bb-1fd33703fe9f_zps243b0592
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)