Latest topics

View previous topicGo downView next topic

Adventurer's Guild: The Dungeons & Dragons Discussion Thread

on December 4th 2012, 10:36 pm
Welcome, players and Dungeon Masters, to the Adventurer's Guild, the hub for discussion of all things Dungeons & Dragons right here on WiiWareWave. Feel free to discuss anything to do with D&D here, as long as the forum rules are obeyed - we don't want to start any edition-related arguments here after all! So relax, have a refreshing beverage, and share any words you wish to speak about D&D. Smile

Click here to see the Chromaicora Adventures Boxed Set

"Are you the compotato? I didn’t break you, did I?!"
-- Evan Sky, Flight of Indigo
Admin
View user profile

Re: Adventurer's Guild: The Dungeons & Dragons Discussion Thread

on December 4th 2012, 11:15 pm
GamerZack wrote:
@Tasuki wrote:I played D&D for years, started back with 2nd Edition and played for most of 3 and 3.5. Only reason I really stopped was I dont have any one to play D&D with.
I was actually thinking of starting a D&D discussion thread and possibly a play-by-post campaign on here for any members who are interested. I got into D&D at the very end of 3.5, so I've mostly played 4th Edition. I like both editions for very different reasons, and I'm thinking of getting at least the core products for each edition except the original version of the game.

I myself have looked at fourth edition but I dont like it compared to 3rd edition besides I have a ton of 3rd edition stuff that I haven't even opened yet so if I do play again I would stick with 3rd for that reason alone.

I know a few friends of mine that play something called Pathfinder which uses 3.5 rules but I haven't really played or even looked into it so I dont know much about it.

on December 4th 2012, 11:51 pm
I don't really like Pathfinder. It looks like somebody spilled 4th Edition all over 3.5 Edition and cut out all the iconic D&D elements such as mind flayers and beholders. I'd rather stick to the original, thank you Paizo. Razz

I'm considering running a 3.5 campaign for my gaming group, so I'm looking at getting the reprinted 3.5 core rulebooks. I might use the setting from the book I'm writing as the campaign world, or some version of it. Smile

By the way, I heard that the 1st Edition Unearthed Arcana is terrible. Can anybody confirm this? Neutral

Admin
View user profile

on December 5th 2012, 12:05 am
Sorry I can answer cause as I said earlier I didn't start playing till second edition.

Never really did our own world. My one friend DM'd the Forgotten World and Ravenloft settings and I did Greyhawk.

Had some good times there.

on December 5th 2012, 1:24 am
I don't mind Forgotten Realms. I'm playing a new save file on Neverwinter Nights 2 as an alternate version of Zed. I'm up to the swamp where the lizardlings dwell.

The 2nd Edition core rulebooks are being reprinted in May next year, so that's my cue to experience THAC0 for the first time. Laughing

on December 5th 2012, 5:20 am
OMG D&D. That brings back memories. Used to run a number of gaming groups back in the height of D&D. Although we played mostly Marvel SuperHeroes and GURPS. We dabbled in D&D, Journe and others. GURPS worked great with every campaign though so that became the default system.

I think we used 2nd edition back then.
Admin
View user profile

on December 5th 2012, 11:49 am
GamerZack wrote:I don't mind Forgotten Realms. I'm playing a new save file on Neverwinter Nights 2 as an alternate version of Zed. I'm up to the swamp where the lizardlings dwell.

The 2nd Edition core rulebooks are being reprinted in May next year, so that's my cue to experience THAC0 for the first time. Laughing

You know I have Neverwinter Nights Gold edition but I never really played it I guess one of these days I should. Very Happy

Ah THAC0 that brings back memories.

on December 5th 2012, 11:58 am
THAC0 is a term you never hear anymore. Heard it just the other day in reference to the new Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (PC,Mac,iOS,Android).

I loved BG but could never get into Neverwinter Nights. Much prefer the group teamplay / strategy.
Admin
View user profile

on December 5th 2012, 2:14 pm
@gamerace wrote:THAC0 is a term you never hear anymore. Heard it just the other day in reference to the new Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (PC,Mac,iOS,Android).

I loved BG but could never get into Neverwinter Nights. Much prefer the group teamplay / strategy.

Well thats because 3rd Edition did away with THAC0 which is why you never hear it anymore.

on December 5th 2012, 2:37 pm
@Tasuki wrote:
@gamerace wrote:THAC0 is a term you never hear anymore. Heard it just the other day in reference to the new Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (PC,Mac,iOS,Android).

Well thats because 3rd Edition did away with THAC0 which is why you never hear it anymore.

No THAC0? That's like having no armour!

I assume they just changed it to a simpler concept?
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum