Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Wii U Impressions: Day 2 A8FlhgMCIAAeXwC
Finally Pikmin with Wii graphics

The first thing on my to do list on the second day is to transfer my Wii to Wii U. I started by going to Wii mode on the Wii U home screen and notice more activity on Miiverse than yesterday. I know the official name is WaraWara Plaza, however, the Wii U didn't get the memo. Wii Mote is the exact replica of the Wii home screen, featuring the Wii Shop Channel. This is by far the most disappointing about Wii U is that the Wii Shop Channel is the only digital shop with Wii Virtual Console and WiiWare content. Did Nintendo learn nothing about how successful the DSiWare titles on the Nintendo eShop compare to the DSi Shop.

Anyway, I started up the Wii U transfer tool, which then takes me to the Wii Shop Channel to download the Wii U Transfer Tool...

Anyway, I put a SD card on the Wii U to format and then put that same SD card to the Wii. The Wii then transfers all save files and channels on to the SD card with visual Pikmin presentation of them doing that same process. This is the only way of seeing these ant-working Pikmin in Wii graphics and the music is much better than the 3DS to 3DS transfer process. After all the Pikmin enter Olimar's ship, then is time to the SD Card on the Wii U. I love that there's a screen ticker at the top, detailing the process in real time.

After the transferring which it took 20 minutes for me, U decide see if Metroid Prime Trilogy is finally playable again, no more disc reading errors. Strangely The Miis are gone from the file selections, I just need to select one again, Playing Metroid Prime for a little bit and then Metroid Prime 3. In Metroid Prime 3, I noticed a cleaner presentation than the component cable. Maybe because it's been awhile so then I put Skyward Sword. Another strange thing, the "How to put a Motion Plus peripheral" video started, think that this is the first time the disc is on a console. I notice that the Wii disc games do in fact upscale to HD. Of course this doesn't mean that it improves obvious graphical flaws (zooming on the walls and ground), it actual makes the impressive ones more impressive (boss and character designs) in Wii standards.

Last up is Nintendo Land. The MiiVerse is now in full swings here and all of the Miis in Nintendo Land all have nothing but positive things to say (because Nintendo controls all of us now). trying out almost all of the attractions once. My least favorite so far is the Captain Falcon's Twister Race. It doesn't feel like a F-Zero nor even in the same spirit. You mostly view the top-down angle on the GamePad and is the only presentation with noticeable pixelated on the GamePad screen. The course is all flat, nothing except turns at slow, unimpressive pace. Even spectators viewing on the TV will find this attraction unimpressive.

My most favorite is the Ninja Castle. The controls are simple and very effective. The cardboard Ninja designs are well cast since their very silent, dangerous, and hard to find in the background.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

ToughGamer
November 20th 2012, 11:11 amToughGamer
WTF Nintendo did not bring the Wii Shop to the Wii U?
Komicturtle
November 21st 2012, 5:45 pmKomicturtle
I thought that looked REAL good for a Wii game... But it's not a game.. But it looks really good..
KingreX32
November 29th 2012, 3:10 pmKingreX32
I made a video about the transfer also. Its really cute how the Pikmin pic up your save data and take it over to the WiiU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U_XjmAwt84&list=UUmuDs6ng0NSNuIg1_fVBvRw&index=2&feature=plcp
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)