View previous topicGo downView next topic

I think we may need a layout change....

on November 11th 2012, 12:32 am
I have been mobile a lot lately, and thus have not been to this forum as often as I should. One reason....

the layout is too busy and it's very hard to use on my phone and often the android browser locks up(LG Optimus S Android 2.3.3) as well as it sometimes locking up google chrome on my desktop.

it is also a little too hard to pay attention to the contents of the page, as a result of some of the layout seeming a bit cluttered at times.

is there any way we can give the place a more clean, modern facelift to make this forum more accessible to more people that might think the layout might be too busy for them to handle being here too often?

I want to hear your thoughts on this....

Thank you very much.
Admin
View user profile

Re: I think we may need a layout change....

on December 19th 2012, 5:47 am
I've complained about this before and it's just fallen of deaf ears pretty much... this place seriously needs less crappy widgets. It's just too in your face.

on December 19th 2012, 6:49 am
That's up to Rukiafan to decide and will take a couple of hours in order to realize such a big change, during which the forum may be taken offline. I won't criticize his site, but take a look at my site: http://www.game-xtreme.com . I thought well about the color scheme and structure before I began. This could be an example.

Samantha.

on December 20th 2012, 2:39 pm
OK, no double posting, I know, but I did to put it back on the agenda again. I think it's about time to have a poll on this or something similar. I'll have a chitchat with Rukiafan on it. Wink
Admin
View user profile

on December 21st 2012, 1:01 pm
I agree to an extent, but these features are helpful with drawing in people from social networks, so deciding what stays and what should go is very difficult.

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

I agree...

on May 1st 2013, 12:09 pm
I completely agree, there are too many widgets on the page and the header is really big. I actually have to scroll sideways to see the whole page. Sideways. When I had my slower internet connection a few weeks ago it took around 20 seconds for the site to load and that might make a lot of visitors leave Neutral I'm hoping rukiafan will see this and make some changes victory
Admin
View user profile

on May 1st 2013, 12:19 pm
I removed several widgets and reduced the forum width, did that help? Wink

on May 1st 2013, 12:23 pm
It is loading faster now! |D

I'm enjoying my new job in Tokyo! Megatron Happy

A photo I took of Nintendo HQ when I visited Kyoto! Megatron Excited/Sho

on May 1st 2013, 12:28 pm
It looks just as wide as it was before

View user profile

on May 1st 2013, 12:40 pm
How about now? Wink

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum