View previous topicGo downView next topic

Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome

on August 23rd 2012, 10:15 pm
Hello,

As most of you know, I'm a new Graphic Designer for WiiWarewave. I'll be creating some graphic arts (such as banners) to be used here on this website. One thing I'm planning and sorting out are "Custom Themes". I'm planning on crafting at least six samples and will be showing them here. The reason I'm bringing this up and getting this out is because I'd like some input from our amazing community. I'd like to hear some suggestions, criticisms and the like to craft great themes to be used on WiiWareWave. Because I'm not the only one who is going to be using these themes, everyone is.

Okay, to get to the point- what kind of themes would you guys like to see? A theme of Mario? Monster Hunter? Earthbound? Or how about Luigi's Mansion?

Sound off and let me know. I don't want anyone to be disappointed if suggestions don't come to fruition. Even then, this is only a Sample Project. What you see here will only be sample and some rough ideas. Nothing is final. Yet.

So get some ideas together and let me know. Tell me what color scheme should be used. How the orientation should be. It's a community project. Collaboration is what is going to make this fun and just plain awesome to do.

Cheers! busy

View user profile

Re: Custom Theme Project - Community Input Welcome

on August 24th 2012, 8:02 am
I know this is a bit early but a Castlevania Theme would so be perfect for Halloween. With the Gothic style artwork like from Aria of Sorrow or SotN. But not that Japanese bubble gum art of Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, or Order of Ecclesia.

on August 24th 2012, 9:25 am
Ah, Castlevania. And don't worry- I'll be making themes that stay true to the tone of the series Smile

on August 24th 2012, 2:10 pm
Count me in for feedback! Castlevania would be perfect for Halloween times. Maybe prepare something for every holiday season like Christmas, Valentines, and Easter.

Although I strongly doubt the odds of this one happening, I'd love to see a No More Heroes-based theme.

Looking forward to viewing those sample designs! Very Happy

on August 29th 2012, 10:16 am
Update.

I'm gathering resources now to get to work on the Castlevania Theme. Been busy with other things but I'm aiming to finish a sample by Friday or Saturday. Really liking the things I'm picking out for this theme!

@Ultimatum
I'm not entirely familiar with No More Heroes, but I'll see what I can put together and if I can find a proper font for it for Photoshop.

View user profile

on August 29th 2012, 11:28 am
We should change themes to celebrate holidays and upcoming releases or events, so with the upcoming unveiling of Wii U information, a Wii U theme might be a good idea, but the Castlevania one would be perfect for Halloween. Wink

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on August 29th 2012, 2:17 pm
I think a number of characters, enemies and items from various Nintendo franchises would make a great standard theme. This is a Nintendo site, after all. Wink

Maybe they could all be having fun in the ocean or something, thus signifying the "Wave" suffix.

Click here to see the Chromaicora Adventures Boxed Set

"Are you the compotato? I didn’t break you, did I?!"
-- Evan Sky, Flight of Indigo

on August 29th 2012, 2:27 pm
ive been trying to get rid of the last story bnner up top there but my computer is being a dick.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Castlevania Theme Samples

on August 31st 2012, 6:30 pm
Finally, I bring you the Castlevania themes!

Thanks Tasuki for your suggestion!

The following is the full news site template sample

This is the vanilla template without the website's news/forums parts

I'm willing to take more suggestions! And I'll be working on some other special themes for holidays, game releases and WiiU in the coming days, weeks, months- you get it.

Chhers! victory

View user profile

on August 31st 2012, 7:33 pm
I can't see anything. Neutral

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum