Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
eShop 72:  New Super Mario Bros. 2 edition AX5xaa_ELwlBvLPiCERKswKveGNR3tf6V.S.eShop 72:  New Super Mario Bros. 2 edition Icon-CTRNABEE

eShop 72 focuses on the latest download releases, both new and classics, appearing on the Nintendo eShop (North America). Today’s eShop 72 is a special edition featuring New Super Mario Bros 2, the first retail title that is also available as a download on a Nintendo platform. New Super Mario Bros. 2 download version was release in North America in exactly Midnight in Eastern Time on August 19. Showing you how well the download version did during the first 72 hours on the service from Sunday, 12:00am, to Wednesday, 12:00am Eastern Time.

72 hours after launch, New Super Mario Bros. 2 receive a “5 star” status with 2705 ratings. While we don’t know the percentage of the total ratings are from the download version, with the combination of both retail and download they landed in 2nd place in “All User Ratings” for All Software. Kingdom Hearts 3D still taking 1st place while Kid Icarus: Uprising descends into 3rd. A fun fact about the digital retail on the Nintendo eShop is that they’re consider to be known as 3DS (downloads), they’ll be judge equally with 3D games that are only available on the Nintendo eShop. This means that New Super Mario Bros. 2 is in 1st place in “All User Ratings” when filter by 3DS (downloads), beating the previous contender Order Up!! in that category.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 is the first retail title to be feature in the successful download charts. 72 hours after launch, New Super Mario Bros. 2 is currently in 1st place in “Recent Releases” for All Software. While the first impressions with the first digital retail sales are good, New Super Mario Bros. 2 doesn’t appear in the All Software (downloads overall) chart. The game does appear in the chart when filter by 3DS (downloads) in 18th place.

While digital retail cost the same as when purchasing it in stores, New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a success in both worlds base on its process on the Nintendo eShop.

I’ll be checking back new process on the Nintendo eShop next week and remember to post your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Tasuki
August 22nd 2012, 8:56 amTasuki
Interesting facts there. IMO its nice to see companies offer both downloadable and retail version of games/addons. For me I rather have a retail version over a download but for some people that may not be an option like if they dont live near a store and some its a preference. Honestly if companies are smart they will offer both versions that way they cover everyone.
KeAfan7
August 22nd 2012, 9:08 amKeAfan7
I prefer retail if I can actually make it to the store, but if I can't it's nice that I have another option. Wink
Anonymous
August 22nd 2012, 9:11 amGuest
Beautiful article once again SkywardL! I love you
Staroceancrazy
August 22nd 2012, 11:36 amStaroceancrazy
Hopefully Nintendo will make sure that both the retail and digital forms of each game work properly from now on pale
The digital release of NSMB2 has some bugs and can slow down to a snails pace at times because of the lag Neutral
LizofDoom
August 22nd 2012, 12:24 pmLizofDoom
I hope the quality control for digital retail games improves soon.
TheGingerDoctor
August 22nd 2012, 5:49 pmTheGingerDoctor
I was going to get the digital version of NSMB2, but now I'm finding it hard to resist that gorgeous gold box... :F
KokorOtaku
September 30th 2012, 8:02 pmKokorOtaku
I hope 3rd parties start dishing out digital copies soon, I heard by years end, but nothing other then that... It's making me worried, although a few games in eShop have ONLY AT RETAIL but also have a PRICE TBD, so IDK....
NINTENBRO
September 30th 2012, 8:15 pmNINTENBRO
LizofDoom wrote:I hope the quality control for digital retail games improves soon.
What videogame does this statement apply to?
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)