Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer

SO what do you guys think?

+4
gamerace
RyanNerdyGamer
Komicturtle
KingreX32
8 posters
Go down
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

SO what do you guys think? Empty SO what do you guys think?

August 16th 2012, 6:40 am
Do you like the background. New Super mario Bros 2 is coming out soon so I figured I would change the  the plain blue background to Mario Gold.

I plan on doing this for new WiiU wii or 3DS games that come out. So what do you guys think? Do you like it? Or should I change it.

You can also give me ideas here for what you want to see.

Last edited by KingreX32 on October 23rd 2012, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

SO what do you guys think? Captaincanucksigcopy
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

SO what do you guys think? Empty Re: SO what do you guys think?

August 16th 2012, 6:46 am
When i get Photoshop on my Laptop you guys will start seeing custom WIiwarewave pics. Its gonna be awesome.

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 16th 2012, 7:12 am
I like it. Looks nice. The top banner with "The Last Story" is what is bugging me and has been for awhile. I don't know- it just seems out of place and kind of tacky. That black border around The Last Story... Kind of off putting

I also have Photoshop and Fireworks. I wouldn't mind helping out with making banners. It's very good practice for me.

And sorry if anyone takes offense to my criticism. Just being honest but not trying to be demeaning or condescending.

KingreX32
Admin

August 16th 2012, 7:18 am
Hey no worries. Critisim is good. Thats great that you have photoshop. If you can could you please make a Banner for Wiiwarewaves Features?

Top 10 Lists, Top 5 Lists, Staff Viewpoints, A Videogame Disscussion, and Behind the Fence.
I will talk to Rukiafan about making you a Graphic Designer.

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 16th 2012, 7:35 am
Ah, okay. Neat!

Now, when you mean banner, you mean like I put together the banner and who ever is the web designer/coder will be able to turn those into links? I have some rusty experience of designing webpages as I took Webpage Design back in High School. I also have Dreamweaver, but I'm thinking of not messing around with it too much till I take some classes at the library to re-familiarize myself. I'll get on to making you that banner.

Just need an idea of what exactly you want me to make it look like- color, theme and all Smile

Also, I want to earn that status. So, if Rukia sees this and considers, don't make me a Graphic Designer until I make the banner, prove myself and if it's used!

It's my personal challenge. And accepted! busy

KingreX32
Admin

August 16th 2012, 7:43 pm
When i say banner I mean something simple. Not to flashy Unless thats some thing you want to do.

http://www.google.ca/search?tbm=isch&hl=en-CA&source=hp&q=Top+ten+list&gbv=2&oq=Top+ten+list&gs_l=img.3..0l2j0i5j0i24l7.6594.9265.0.11812.12.11.0.1.1.0.93.831.11.11.0...0.0...1ac.VGHUQHkpL4A

As long as Wiiwarewaves logo and name or even just the name is in it. Im fine. I will leave it up to you.

Graphics Designer

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 16th 2012, 7:46 pm
Ah, ok. I see what you mean. I'll get on it Smile

KingreX32
Admin

August 16th 2012, 7:52 pm
Awesome dude. It would be great if you could do one for all of wiiwarewaves features.

a few of them are listed here

https://www.wiiwarewave.com/t1648-im-back-a-message-and-an-announcement-from-jnes5

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 16th 2012, 8:40 pm
Here's what I've come up with so far:

SO what do you guys think? WiiWareWaveTop10

Just a rough idea of what I'm thinking. When I think of WiiWareWave, I think of the ocean or just water in general. This is the theme I was going for. Would like some thoughts. Obvious that it isn't complete or tip top shape, but just showing you what I've come up with and the idea I had. Should I just get rid of the theme and go for the basic "Top 10" or should a theme like this work?

I also used Fireworks and clearly, Photoshop is better as it has more tools. I usually use Photoshop first and then use Fireworks if a tool is working out right or for final touches. Will work on the other banners. Oh, and is this a good/right dimension for what's needed?

EDIT: I see. Again, will work on those other banners. But first, need to know if they're themed or just plain haha. And color scheme. Blue and white is nice, huh?

RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

August 17th 2012, 1:07 am
That looks great, Komicturtle. And nice job with the new background, KingreX. Wink

I had an idea for the new website header, one which incorporates ideas from the most popular threads in the message board; for example, a genie breaking somebody's wish, an anime character critiquing somebody else's avatar, and so on. It could also feature some of our favourite characters, like Rukia, Konata, Koopa Troopa...you get the idea. Just a suggestion, but what do you think? Smile
gamerace
gamerace

August 17th 2012, 4:48 am
I like the background as it relates to NSMB2. My only reservation is it doesn't blend well with the colour scheme otherwise. You could play with the colours but that seems like too much bother.

The Last Story is now out and could be replaced with Wii's next great game, Pandor.. er, no, Fatal Fra... uh, rats... Kirby's Dream Collection. Or perhaps WiiU.
Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 17th 2012, 8:40 pm
GamerZack wrote:That looks great, Komicturtle. And nice job with the new background, KingreX. Wink

I had an idea for the new website header, one which incorporates ideas from the most popular threads in the message board; for example, a genie breaking somebody's wish, an anime character critiquing somebody else's avatar, and so on. It could also feature some of our favourite characters, like Rukia, Konata, Koopa Troopa...you get the idea. Just a suggestion, but what do you think? Smile

Thanks.

Maybe on the header. But having a header based on certain members would kinda of be unfair.

RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!

August 17th 2012, 10:04 pm
Komicturtle wrote:Maybe on the header. But having a header based on certain members would kinda of be unfair.
I agree. It's probably better to make it resemble the website content itself. Smile
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

August 18th 2012, 8:24 am
GamerZack wrote:That looks great, Komicturtle. And nice job with the new background, KingreX. Wink

It sounds cool. What I always wanted to do was make a logo for wiiwarewave. I know we already have one but just expanding upon it making it more memorable if you wil.

Also Komiturtle I like the banner you have there. If i can say anything, it would be to making feel alittle gameyer. If you know what I mean.

Still great work. Im loving the brain storming.

KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

August 18th 2012, 8:26 am
gamerace wrote:I like the background as it relates to NSMB2. My only reservation is it doesn't blend well with the colour scheme otherwise. You could play with the colours but that seems like too much bother.

The Last Story is now out and could be replaced with Wii's next great game, Pandor.. er, no, Fatal Fra... uh, rats... Kirby's Dream Collection. Or perhaps WiiU.

Yeah I was thninking about changing the header. But to what Im not sure. Everytime im on im in the adminsistration panel trying to learn more and more about the site. and its coding. Im still a noob.

But If I can get Photoshop on my laptop I can do so much more.

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 18th 2012, 11:14 am
For sure. In the background it's supposed to be Koi Fish but it's really hard to tell. Would Cheepcheep from the Mario games work if you'd like me to retain the water-theme or just go simple game style?

KingreX32
Admin

August 18th 2012, 11:33 am
Can i see what the simple game style looks like?

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

August 18th 2012, 12:40 pm
Komicturtle is our newest graphic designer. Wink

SO what do you guys think? 19654

SO what do you guys think? 87457210

SO what do you guys think? Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 18th 2012, 6:09 pm
Here are 3 banners. I only changed the background to three different colors and want some thoughts on which looked better.

Sea Green
SO what do you guys think? BannerTop10Game

Black
SO what do you guys think? BannerTop10Gameblk

WiiU Blue
SO what do you guys think? BannerTop10GameBlue

I tried adding digitized effects with dissolve particles but couldn't get it right. I'll try again at some point. Also threw in some coins in there. Does anyone like the idea of having a star coin in place of the ten?

Would love to here some thoughts Smile

KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

August 18th 2012, 6:20 pm
Star coin. Wink

SO what do you guys think? 19654

SO what do you guys think? 87457210

SO what do you guys think? Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 18th 2012, 6:24 pm
Ah, but which color?

RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

August 18th 2012, 6:41 pm
Do you mean the Star Coins from Mushroom Force? In that case I'd suggest either white or yellow so it doesn't clash with the other colours. Wink
Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 18th 2012, 7:05 pm
Oh, I'm talking from the Mario games lol

Not sure if the Mushroom Force coins are big enough... I saw a nice big Star Coin image I could have used.

KingreX32
Admin

August 18th 2012, 9:19 pm
nce job. i like the black one

Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking

August 19th 2012, 12:47 am
Komicturtle wrote:I like it. Looks nice. The top banner with "The Last Story" is what is bugging me and has been for awhile. I don't know- it just seems out of place and kind of tacky. That black border around The Last Story... Kind of off putting

This.

I like what you did with the background though. Gives the site a refreshing new look.

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

August 19th 2012, 1:39 am
Ultanium wrote:I like what you did with the background though. Gives the site a refreshing new look.
I also like it very much. It motivates me to get New Super Mario Bros. 2 as soon as possible! Very Happy

"I am in your power. Boss me around." Neutral
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

August 19th 2012, 12:16 pm
lol

Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 19th 2012, 6:07 pm
Uhm, guys.. KingreX32 was the one who changed the background Razz

Back to the banners- I'll work on the other types of banners requested this week and will be showing them here just so I can get some input from the community. It'll make it much easier to make banners people could at the least agree on.

I'm also going to be putting something together later this month as a website suggestion. If anyone likes customization, this could be a neat visual treat. I'm not entirely sure if it's do-able on the type of forum format this site uses, but regardless, it's something I'd like to get out there anyhow. It's sure to add even more personality here! Tanuki Mario

RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

August 19th 2012, 6:23 pm
Is it personalised themes? If so, bring it on! Very Happy
Komicturtle
Komicturtle

August 19th 2012, 6:27 pm
Haha, you pretty much guessed it Smile

RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

August 19th 2012, 6:30 pm
Sweet!! Very Happy
Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking

August 20th 2012, 3:17 am
Komicturtle wrote:Back to the banners- I'll work on the other types of banners requested this week and will be showing them here just so I can get some input from the community. It'll make it much easier to make banners people could at the least agree on.

Yup. Great idea. I'd love to see some of the banners you created. Looking forward to it!

August 20th 2012, 10:02 am
It's nice to see a new background. I'd agree about the Last Story banner though. Maybe it should just be replaced with an official WiiWareWave banner.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

August 20th 2012, 10:57 am
Yes I want to make an official wiiwarewave banner. Like a proper one. Also Guys I just downloaded Gimp. And that program is way beyond me.

Any tips would be nice.

KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

October 23rd 2012, 11:51 am
So I just changed the Banner logo with a quick pic k i made in photoshop. What do you guys think. Yes? No? Do you want me to change it back?

Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy

October 23rd 2012, 12:14 pm
It looks great.

Rena Ryuugu - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

SO what do you guys think? Rena-rena-ryuugu
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

October 23rd 2012, 12:16 pm
thanks

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

October 23rd 2012, 1:43 pm
It fits the theme perfectly. Smile
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

October 23rd 2012, 3:42 pm
awesome

Anonymous

October 23rd 2012, 5:35 pm
It looks nice! I love you
Anonymous

December 9th 2012, 4:35 am
Stylish!
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

December 9th 2012, 12:51 pm
thanks. We ar probably going to change the layout soon though.

Anonymous

December 9th 2012, 2:03 pm
I just gave Rukiafan some hints on that.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

December 10th 2012, 7:26 am
Jhon Knight is our graphic designer. You should get into contact with him. I have some of those duties too. Most of Wiiwarewaves custom logos Ive made.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)