Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Go down
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Secret of Mana 2 Jp  Empty Secret of Mana 2 Jp

July 30th 2012, 12:20 pm
Are there any members here who have played this? Share tips and help other members with game here!
Was this game released in the western hemisphere?

Sorry if my English translation of the game title isn't correct. Neutral

Secret of Mana 2 Jp  Pbucket

Secret of Mana 2 Jp  Pbucket
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Secret of Mana 2 Jp  Empty Re: Secret of Mana 2 Jp

July 30th 2012, 12:35 pm
We got a different title and game, It was secret of evermore, and it was different then the title you mentioned. The title you mentioned translates to secret of the holy sword 3 Wink

July 30th 2012, 6:35 pm
OtakWiiU wrote:We got a different title and game, It was secret of evermore, and it was different then the title you mentioned. The title you mentioned translates to secret of the holy sword 3 Wink

Secret of Evermore wasn't part of the Mana series. It just was created by alot of the same people thats why it looks so similar. And iirc Secret of Evermore was only released in NA.

But to answer the OPs question the only mana series I know we have in NA is

Final Fantasy Adventure - Gameboy: Which is the first game in the series but for the NA version they renamed it cause at the time FF name was more well known in NA

Legend of Mana -- Playstation: I dont know which game this is in the series

Sword of Mana -- GBA: A GBA remake of the first Mana game (see above)

Children of Mana -- DS A dungeon crawler type game that fits in the Manaverse but I am not sure where.

Clαππαd
Clαππαd

July 31st 2012, 1:07 am
Don't forget about Secret of Mana that was released in North America for the Super Nintendo. Smile The game was released on the Wii Virtual Console too.

July 31st 2012, 12:08 pm
Clαππαd wrote:Don't forget about Secret of Mana that was released in North America for the Super Nintendo. Smile The game was released on the Wii Virtual Console too.

Ooops how could I leave out Secret of Mana? Embarassed

Secret of Mana -- SNES: This was the second Mana game to appear in NA but to many it is the first one they played. Unknowning to alot of people Final Fantasy Adventure was the first Mana game released in NA but at the time no one knew it belonged to the Mana series. I believe this is the second game in the Mana series which would make it the sequel to Final Fantasy Adventure (Sword of Mana).

Anyway I just found this on Wikipedia which looks like a full run down of the Mana series so I hope this helps you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mana_%28series%29
Talesfanatic
Talesfanatic

July 31st 2012, 12:21 pm
Will Secret of Mana 2 ever be released in America?
Tasuki
Tasuki

July 31st 2012, 7:17 pm
Talesfanatic wrote:Will Secret of Mana 2 ever be released in America?

If by you mean Seiken Densetsu 3 (which is the next game in the mana series after Secret of Mana) than probably not. Due to bugs in that game and the game being to big to fit on western size cartridges this game was never released in NA. By the time technology caught up to the size of the game Square just decided to skip this entry in the Mana series and just released Legend of Mana (which is the fourth game in the series).
Clαππαd
Clαππαd

August 1st 2012, 11:08 am
I'm actually fairly confident that Legend of Mana was developed by a different studio and is technically not even a part of the Mana series. Smile

August 1st 2012, 5:35 pm
Clαππαd wrote:I'm actually fairly confident that Legend of Mana was developed by a different studio and is technically not even a part of the Mana series. Smile

Nope. It is done by the same studio and it is a part of the Mana Series. They just went in a different direction than the other games in the Mana series which lead to alot of negative reviews and not it being well received by the Mana fans. But it is indeed part of the Mana series.
Retro Gamer
Retro Gamer

August 17th 2012, 1:23 pm
I liked Legend of Mana and don't understand why it received such a bad reception.
Tasuki
Tasuki

August 17th 2012, 8:58 pm
Mainly because it was too different from other Mana games. I can't real say how different but I remember it was different which is one reason I couldn't get into it and ended up selling it years ago.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)