Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
The Blue Bomber Spin-off Returns!

Megaman X2 (SNES) Review Mega_m10
(Virtual Console)

(C) 1994, Capcom

Developer: Capcom
Publisher: Capcom

NA Release: June 14, 2012 (Virtual Console), January 1995 (SNES)
EU Release: May 31, 2012 (Virtual Console), October 1995 (SNES)
JP Release: December 27, 2011 (Virtual Console), December 16, 1994 (SNES)

# of Players: 1 player
Price: 800 Nintendo Points
Genre: Platformer

Megaman X took the Megaman formula and improved upon it in every conceivable way, but does Megaman X2 continue to provide the excellent gameplay introduced in the first Meganan X game? Let's find out!

Megaman X2 (SNES) Review 32117910

Story and Gameplay:

A few months after the events of the first game the Maverick problem hasn't gotten better, so it's up to Maverick Hunter X to defeat the Maverick's and save the world! The story in Megaman X2 takes a back seat in favor of platforming and the result is kind of a mixed bag. The story is certainly weaker, but the gameplay is improved with new vehicles to ride, more collectables, and even three hidden bosses to beat that affect the ending if you defeat all of them!

The Maverick bosses are even tougher to beat this time around, but this does add some stategy to the games that should please diehard retro game fans!
The platforming is much more difficult this time with some segments being a bit too hard, but the enemies have been reduced in number from the first game giving the game less action in favor of platforming.

Megaman X2 (SNES) Review Megama10

Graphics and Sound:

I was surprised when I first started playing this game, but the graphics in Megaman are no better than those in the first title. In fact the details in the level backgrounds aren't as good looking as they were in the original Megaman X game and the level designs have a more basic feel to them, but overall the graphics are still above average.

The soundtrack in Megaman X2 is good, but fails to live up to the standards set in the first game, however Capcom did lose four of the five music composers that worked on the first Megaman X when this game was under development.
The sound effects are varied and add to the game.

Megaman X2 (SNES) Review Mega-man-x2

Bottom Line:

With less story and action than Megaman X the game might not please all fans, but the platforming, difficult bosses that require strategy to defeat, as well as the secret bosses the game certainly is fun and has some depth. Ultimately Megaman X2 is a great game, but fails to live up to the original Megaman X title.

Price: 800 Nintendo Points.

Score: ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 8.1/10

Megaman X2 (SNES) Review 19654

Megaman X2 (SNES) Review 87457210

Megaman X2 (SNES) Review Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
July 17th 2012, 2:13 pmKokorOtaku
RockMan Rocks Very Happy
Aqua Cherry Blossom
July 17th 2012, 2:32 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Good review Rukiafan.
Ichigo Kurosaki
July 17th 2012, 3:03 pmIchigo Kurosaki
I prefer this game over the first.
Clαππαd
July 17th 2012, 3:28 pmClαππαd
I thought X2 was better as well.
Jnes5
July 17th 2012, 6:10 pmJnes5
Two reviews in a row ?! Surprised you're on a roll Rukiafan ! Megaman X2 (SNES) Review 631737971

I do agree that I prefer the first game over this one, since I thought that this game was not as enjoyable as the first one for some reason...

By the way, I've replaced the last image because the original image was from Megaman ZX Advent and not Megaman X2 !
KeAfan7
July 17th 2012, 6:45 pmKeAfan7
Thank you Jnes5. Wink
SuperVash
July 17th 2012, 9:48 pmSuperVash
Two reviews in less than 24 hours nice!
Marioman18
July 18th 2012, 7:41 pmMarioman18
Great review man Very Happy
Megatron2000
July 19th 2012, 12:20 pmMegatron2000
The Megaman X series is one of the best video game spinoff series I have played in my 35 years of playing games! |D
Anonymous
July 27th 2012, 11:51 amGuest
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
I agree the first Megaman X game was better.
Ragnarok
July 27th 2012, 12:45 pmRagnarok
Megaman X is an awesome series!
ToughGamer
September 1st 2012, 7:41 pmToughGamer
HarmoKnight wrote:RockMan Rocks Very Happy

This.
KeAfan7
September 1st 2012, 7:49 pmKeAfan7
Thank you for your comments. Wink
DigiDestined
October 23rd 2013, 1:12 pmDigiDestined
The review is right Megaman X was much better than X2, but this is still a fun adventure! =)
SonicKnuckles
November 12th 2013, 2:51 pmSonicKnuckles
X2 was my least favorite game in the Mega Man X spin off series.
NINTENBRO
November 16th 2013, 2:41 pmNINTENBRO
^ Are you the same SonicKnuckles who used to visit NintendoLife a couple of years back? I believe Bobby Carrot Forever was the topic we were discussing. Anyways, it's good to see more of our members coming back.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)