Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
christicehurst
christicehurst
This has been a rumor that hasn’t died over the past year or so about Apple’s plan to break into the smaller sized tablet market. Nicknamed the “the iPad Mini” the device is rumored to be 7”85 and cost around $200. In the past it has been never a likely idea for Apple however with the release of Nexus 7 and Microsoft’s Surface tablet – this time they might actually have a fight on their hands instead of begin able to take them to court.

The question is how could this new iPad Mini threaten the Nintendo 3DS? Nintendo and Sony have been dealing with the rise of smartphones and app games. They are cheap or free games to download and are easy to play. Nintendo’s stand against them and difference is the depth and quality of their games over the app games from Apple’s App Store or the Android store. While the iPhone and iPad are doing some damage towards Nintendo – the iPad Mini will be priced in the ranges of the 3DS and the Vita. The screen size will be larger than both handheld consoles but too big. It could be a serious contender and a dangerous device to deal with for Nintendo and Sony. If we dare say if Apple was really interested in the gaming industry, with their $100 billion dollars of cash they could easily buy up some top quality game studios and work on some exclusive titles for the iPad Device.

What if Apple released a add on piece of buttons and duel sticks to the iPad Mini? While some of these thoughts are quite unlikely, Apple does have the ability to do all of the above when and if they felt like it. For Sony and the PS Vita this is the last they need based on the struggling handheld.

More at: http://nintendoninjanews.com/could-ipad-mini-threaten-the-3ds/

The article has already gone big at N4G with 30 comments and some great discussions. I think I've been able to crack some of the market there.

http://n4g.com/news/1030936/could-ipad-mini-threaten-the-3ds

Comments

KokorOtaku
July 6th 2012, 8:45 pmKokorOtaku
Hmmm I don't know... I still can't take apple seriously with gaming, I hope it doesn't harm the 3DS
KeAfan7
July 6th 2012, 9:15 pmKeAfan7
LordOtakWiiU wrote:Hmmm I don't know... I still can't take apple seriously with gaming, I hope it doesn't harm the 3DS

I agree, and let's not forget that Apple has said many times that they have no interest in entering the video game industry.
Tasuki
July 6th 2012, 9:33 pmTasuki
Nope it wont be a threat. Many gamers don't see tablets and smart phones as serious gaming consoles and the people who do game alot on those arent big gamers that I notice. I mean at my work a bunch of people play Angry Birds and other games on their phones but they laugh and look at me oddly when I pull out my 3DS on my brakes for a game of MK or something like that.

Also I am a huge gamer I have every Nintendo system, a Sega Genesis and Dreamcast, a Xbox 360 and even a gaming PC but I have no games on my smartphone its not that I dont like them I am waiting for them to bring out a version of Angry Birds on 3DS but I just don't see myself gaming on my smartphone.

Its ideas like that that makes the market big enough for tablets/smartphones and handheld consoles.
.hacker
July 6th 2012, 9:47 pm.hacker
No way! Apple will never threaten Nintendo sales because they both have different markets.
christicehurst
July 6th 2012, 9:57 pmchristicehurst
At least the replies hasn't become heated like on N4G!
.hacker
July 6th 2012, 9:59 pm.hacker
I'm glad there aren't any trolls around here yet!
KokorOtaku
July 6th 2012, 10:24 pmKokorOtaku
Same here, I hope a certain apple fanboy from NL doesn't make his way here, he'd say yes, it is a threat and Nintendo will be bought out and that touch only controls are the way of the future
Tasuki
July 6th 2012, 10:35 pmTasuki
LordOtakWiiU wrote:Same here, I hope a certain apple fanboy from NL doesn't make his way here, he'd say yes, it is a threat and Nintendo will be bought out and that touch only controls are the way of the future

Who's that?
.hacker
July 6th 2012, 11:04 pm.hacker
LordOtakWiiU wrote:Same here, I hope a certain apple fanboy from NL doesn't make his way here, he'd say yes, it is a threat and Nintendo will be bought out and that touch only controls are the way of the future

That's a Nintendo only website isn't it? If so then that is absolutely trolling.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
July 7th 2012, 2:27 amAqua Cherry Blossom
Rukiafan wrote:
LordOtakWiiU wrote:Hmmm I don't know... I still can't take apple seriously with gaming, I hope it doesn't harm the 3DS

I agree, and let's not forget that Apple has said many times that they have no interest in entering the video game industry.
This.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
July 7th 2012, 2:30 amAqua Cherry Blossom
Sorry for double posting, but I thought I should comment about how awful the multi quote looks on blog posts.
Warlock in love
July 7th 2012, 2:49 amWarlock in love
Never!
KokorOtaku
July 7th 2012, 10:30 pmKokorOtaku
.hacker wrote:

That's a Nintendo only website isn't it? If so then that is absolutely trolling.
Yes I agree, except the mods say it isn't.... They say you don't have to like Nintendo to post there, I agree you don't have to think Nintendos perfect, but bashing isn't good
KingreX32
July 8th 2012, 8:02 amKingreX32
Dude Awesome. Im glad you decided to make an N4g account. When Wiiwarewave made thiers is help so much.
christicehurst
July 8th 2012, 8:12 amchristicehurst
Let's keep it on topic and not about trolls and other forum boards.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)