Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jnes5
Jnes5
Sakurai and Kobayashi's message about the New Super Smash Bros. SmashBrosWiiU

Now it's time for some messages from the developers of the upcoming Nintendo fighter!

During the Nintendo Direct streams, it was announced that the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS will have another developer helping with the game; Namco Bandai.

And both companies' representatives, Project Sora's Masahiro Sakurai and Namco Bandai's Masaya Kobayashi, have both released a message about the upcoming Nintendo Fighter on Nintendo's website.

Here's Masahiro Sakurai's message:

Hello, I'm Masahiro Sakurai, the director of the Super Smash Bros. series.

It's my personal belief that the only time a creative product really resonates is in that first moment when it's actually in front of you.

With that said, I've realized that if we keep the new Super Smash Bros. title's development structure secret, it'll only create more and more speculation, and I won't be able to develop the game with any freedom. That's why I've decided to announce this news right now, even though it's still very early on.

I would love to provide more information, but for now, I'm going to stay quiet until I have something solid to show you.

The project has just gotten started. Bear in mind that not only are we developing two titles simultaneously, but we announced the project before we even started actual development, so I'm afraid we will likely have to keep you waiting for quite a while. Please be patient.

Currently, the prototype prepared by NAMCO BANDAI Games and NAMCO BANDAI Studios' special team looks pretty good, and it's working great. In order to take advantage of the fact that there will be versions for two different systems, and to maximize and offer fun new gameplay elements, the entire team is going to work hard together. Thank you.

And here's Masaya Kobayashi's message:

Hello, everyone. I'm Masaya Kobayashi of NAMCO BANDAI Studios. I'm so honored to be able to join the Smash Bros. team--that globally popular series of which Japan is particularly proud—and to work alongside of Mr. Sakurai.

In order to make Mr. Sakurai proud, we will take on this project with NAMCO BANDAI's best staff! Yoshito Higuchi, the producer and the director of the "Tales" series, Tetsuya Akatsuka, producer and director of "Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs.," the art director/sound director of the "SoulCalibur" series, the main development team staff from the "TEKKEN" series…and that's just for starters. All the top creators from NAMCO BANDAI are gathered here to create a never-before-seen dream team for this project. We will fully utilize our experience and knowledge in action/fighting game development, technical capability, and organizational strength, and we hereby promise you that we will develop the best and most powerful "Super Smash Bros." title ever! Don't miss it!

Representative works:

Masaya Kobayashi
"Ridge Racer" series
"We Ski" (Wii) series
"Go Vacation" (Wii)

Yoshito Higuchi
"SoulCalibur" series
"Tales of the Abyss"
"Tales of Vesperia"

I think this partnership is surprising to say the least, but what do you guys think? Do you think this partnerships will work for the next Super Smash Bros. games? How will only the gameplay, but the overall feel of the game be very different now that's it's partly in the hands of another publisher?

Source: GoNintendo

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
I really don't know how this game will turn out, but hopefully some characters from the Tales of series will be present as playable characters. Smile
KeAfan7
I personally hope some .hack characters will be featured in Super Smash Bros. WiiU. Wink
Marioman18
I hope NamcoBandai doesn't stray far from the Super Smash Bros. formula pale
Amufungal
I wonder which Namco characters will appear in the next Super Smash Bros. game? Smile
firearrow505
Marioman18 wrote:I hope NamcoBandai doesn't stray far from the Super Smash Bros. formula pale
Mr. Sakurai is the boss what he says go's.
gamerace
firearrow505 wrote:
Marioman18 wrote:I hope NamcoBandai doesn't stray far from the Super Smash Bros. formula pale
Mr. Sakurai is the boss what he says go's.

Welcome to the forums firearrow505!
Amufungal
Hello firearrow505 Smile
Anonymous
Ringofungal wrote:Hello firearrow505 Smile
Chickgoboom
I wonder what NamcoBandai will bring to the table during the development of this game?
Yusei Fudo
This could become an amazing partnership between Nintendo and NamcoBandai!
firearrow505
Thanks gamerace. and hello
Ringofungal Very Happy
KingreX32
I just hope that the series isnt too much of a change. I want the same fast paced action.
Megatron2000
I agree. |D
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)