View previous topicGo downView next topic

Power Rangers: Mushroom Force Series Hub - PLEASE POST HERE BEFORE PLAYING!!

on June 12th 2012, 2:26 am
Season 1 can be found here!
Welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom, a land of wonder and amazement ruled by a kind and peace-loving princess. Here you can find creatures of many kinds, from the snap-happy, pipe-dwelling Piranha Plants to the race of mushroom retainers known as the Toads. Time and again the kingdom has been overrun by the turtlelike Koopa Troop, and the princess captured by their evil, tyrannical king known as Bowser. And each and every time, the Mushroom Kingdom's greatest heroes, the Mario Bros., have thwarted Bowser's grand machinations, even going so far as stopping him from conquering time itself (you haven't played that adventure yet, but it happened).

But there's a problem: Mario has mysteriously disappeared, and Luigi has left to try and find out what happened to him. As a result, Bowser is plotting to take over the Mushroom Kingdom once and for all, and this time he will make Princess Peach his bride! There's no hope left, no chance for the Kingdom to be saved without their blue-dungareed heroes. Nothing can stop Bowser from achieving his greatest ambition...

But one day, while posting in the WiiWareWave forums, a group of humans are entranced by a mysterious swirl of energy in their computer monitors. They reach out to touch it, but are pulled inside, en route to an unknown destination.

This is the start of a new legend within the chronicles of the Mushroom Kingdom, in which new heroes have emerged to take on Bowser...and thwart him once and for all!

This is a revival of a forum game I thought up a few years ago, essentially a Power Rangers series which is set in the Mushroom Universe. All participants are given one or more parts to play, with sessions taking place in WiiWareWave's own chatroom. Each adventure is an episode of an ongoing series, and episodes are played out on a regular basis - the description for each episode will be posted in this very forum thread before each play session.

Here is the current cast of Power Rangers: Mushroom Force, along with the primary parts they play.

Clannad as White Ranger and Toadette

BurstDash as Green Ranger and Iggy Koopa

Kushina as Pink Ranger and Wendy O. Koopa

Eureka as Cyan Ranger and Larry Koopa

Rukiafan as Yellow Ranger and Bowser Jr.

Ragnarok as Purple Ranger and Roy Koopa

ReverseInverse as Orange Ranger and Lemmy Koopa

Marioman as Red Ranger and Morton Koopa Jr.

GamerZack as Blue Ranger and Kamek the Magikoopa

mieu-fire as Black Ranger and Bowser, King of the Koopas

Otaku as Otaku and Goombario

Punnyguy as Monsters-of-the-Day

These are the parts available right now for regular characters (those that appear in almost every episode):

Season Two Ranger + Koopa Roles (twin parts)

Blue Ranger and Ludwig von Koopa

Magenta Ranger and Kamella Koopa

Evil Brown Ranger and Harry the Hammer Bro

Evil Grey Ranger and Barry the Boomerang Bro

Evil Olive Ranger and Gary the Fire Bro

Single Roles

Princess Peach: The fair princess of the Mushroom Kingdom

Wario: A money-crazed brute who strives to become a Ranger and fails in a comical fashion!

Waluigi: Wario's tall...uh...distant relative(?), he also wants to be a Ranger and fails on every occasion!

Fawful: A cackling Beanbeanian who observes the Rangers without being seen...at least for now.

Cosmic Spirit: A mysterious entity resembling a young woman who assists the Rangers whenever they are in the greatest danger.

In addition, there are other characters who are one-off parts (usually the monster-of-the-day) or who appear occasionally. These parts will be offered before their featured episode. Anyway, if you're interested in participating, be sure to shout out which part(s) you'd like to play below! I'll post descriptions of the Rangers' individual powers and Mechs in a while, so be sure to keep an eye out for that.

Okay, have a great day everybody, and I hope you are willing to play! Smile

Last edited by GamerZack on October 31st 2012, 4:45 am; edited 43 times in total

Click here to see the Chromaicora Adventures Boxed Set

"Because trying to figure out Chuck is like watching Munch try to use a calculator. Chuck’s a loveable guy, but he’s a few berries short of a parfait, if you catch my drift…"
-- Talya Tailwind, Flight of Indigo

Re: Power Rangers: Mushroom Force Series Hub - PLEASE POST HERE BEFORE PLAYING!!

on June 12th 2012, 3:19 pm
As promised, the individual powers of the Rangers:

Green Ranger - Played by BurstDash
Coin: Green Star Coin
Power: 1-Up Mushroom
Ability: Duplication - The Green Ranger can create holographic copies of himself at the expense of depleting some morph energy.
Nemesis: Iggy Koopa, the middle Koopaling and a mad scientist who is responsible for creating organic monsters to thwart the Rangers.
Mecha: Dino Rhino, a giant dinosaur which can transform between a fire-breathing form and a heavily-armoured form with a powerful charge!
Morph Call: “Green Ranger! Power of the 1-Up Mushroom!”

Pink Ranger - Played by Kushina
Coin: Pink Star Coin
Power: Feather
Ability: Flight - The Pink Ranger is able to float short distances at the expense of depleting some morph energy.
Nemesis: Wendy O. Koopa, the spoilt, bratty daughter of Bowser who throws a tantrum when she doesn't get her way. She often buys expensive supplies for Iggy and Ludwig's monster-creation schemes.
Mecha: Cheep Cheep, a giant fish which can swim underwater, fly through the sky and crush foes with a mighty belly-flop!
Morph Call: “Pink Ranger! Power of the Feather!”

Cyan Ranger - Played by Eureka
Coin: Cyan Star Coin
Power: Ice Flower
Ability: Ice Ball - The Cyan Ranger is able to throw balls of ice which freeze foes and objects at the expense of depleting some morph energy.
Nemesis: Larry Koopa, the youngest Koopaling and a real crybaby. He often complains about the Rangers and the monsters and...well...everything, which makes others yell "SHUT UP, LARRY!" He is the one who enlarges Iggy's monsters to colossal size.
Mecha: Blooper, a giant cephalopod which can shoot a jet of ink capable of temporarily immobilising a foe!
Morph Call: “Cyan Ranger! Power of the Ice Flower!”

Yellow Ranger - Played by Rukiafan
Coin: Yellow Star Coin
Power: Lightning Bolt
Ability: Electricity - The Yellow Ranger is able to become electrically-charged at the expense of depleting some morph energy.
Nemesis: Bowser Jr., the youngest child of Bowser and ranked above the Koopalings. He has full authority to send as many minions as he likes at the Rangers.
Mecha: Koopa Troopa, a giant turtle which can retreat into its shell and block damage, then spin into its foe for a powerful attack!
Morph Call: “Yellow Ranger! Power of the Lightning Bolt!”

Purple Ranger - Played by Ragnarok
Coin: Purple Star Coin
Power: Hammer
Ability: Strength - The Purple Ranger is able to deflect fire and ice and gain super-strength at the expense of depleting some morph energy.
Nemesis: Roy Koopa, the largest Koopaling, leads the others into direct combat against the Rangers...when they choose to not hide behind monsters or minions, that is!
Mecha: Chargin' Chuck, a giant athlete with football-shaped explosives and a powerful tackle!
Morph Call: “Purple Ranger! Power of the Hammer!”

Orange Ranger - Played by ReverseInverse
Coin: Orange Star Coin
Power: Carrot
Ability: Athletics - The Orange Ranger is able to run quickly, jump greatly and fall slowly at the expense of depleting some morph energy.
Nemesis: Lemmy Koopa, the shortest Koopaling and a bit of an oddball. He always balances atop a giant rubber ball. He is the one to come up with most of the plans, which often results in those plans going awry!
Mecha: Monty Mole, a giant rodent which can burrow beneath the ground and burst upward to damage a gigantic threat!
Morph Call: “Orange Ranger! Power of the Carrot!”

Red Ranger - Played by Marioman
Coin: Red Star Coin
Power: Fire Flower
Ability: Fire Ball - The Red Ranger is able to throw balls of minion-scorching flame at the expense of depleting some morph energy.
Nemesis: Morton Koopa Jr., a loudmouth who also happens to have his own airship armada. The other Koopalings usually hitch a ride with him whenever they try to defeat a Ranger or eight.
Mecha: Piranha Plant, a giant plant which can spit a painful spiked ball at a foe, or simply clamp down onto it with its sharp teeth!
Morph Call: “Red Ranger! Power of the Fire Flower!”

Blue Ranger - Played by GamerZack
Power: Blue Shell
Ability: Tough Armour - The Blue Ranger is able to create a personal shield at the expense of depleting some morph energy.
Nemesis: Ludwig von Koopa, the eldest Koopaling and mastermind behind mechanical monster minions. He usually builds a Ranger-ricocheting robot whenever Iggy is too lazy or bored to concoct a cellular creation to destroy the do-gooder dweebs in skintight spandex.
Mecha: Spiny, a giant beetle which can curl into its shell and spin straight into its foes! It is deployed by the Lakitu Carrier, a giant cloud-rider.
Morph Call: “Blue Ranger! Power of the Blue Shell!”

Black Ranger - Played by mieu-fire
Coin: Black Star Coin
Power: Metal Block
Ability: Metal - The Black Ranger is able to turn into metal at the expense of depleting some morph energy.
Mecha: Bullet Bill, a giant Mecha which can fly into a foe with such force that it creates a powerful shock-wave capable of rattling any other nearby foes!
Morph Call: “Black Ranger! Power of the Metal Block!”

White Ranger - Played by Clannad
Coin: White Star Coin
Power: Rainbow Star
Ability: Rainbow Power - The White Ranger is able to make both herself and her allies invulnerable at the expense of depleting some morph energy.
Mecha: Boo, a giant ghost which is capable of turning invisible and creating illusions of itself, making it hard for the foe to guess where it is!
Morph Call: “White Ranger! Power of the Rainbow Star!”

Last edited by GamerZack on September 26th 2012, 2:50 pm; edited 20 times in total

"Because trying to figure out Chuck is like watching Munch try to use a calculator. Chuck’s a loveable guy, but he’s a few berries short of a parfait, if you catch my drift…"

Re: Power Rangers: Mushroom Force Series Hub - PLEASE POST HERE BEFORE PLAYING!!

on June 12th 2012, 6:17 pm
I'll be the Red Ranger Very Happy

on June 12th 2012, 10:38 pm
Welcome aboard, Marioman! Your character's name will be...Marioman, the Red Ranger! Smile

I've prepared a number of sprite-based images to go with the story, including the helmets for the first eight Rangers to appear. I'll make those into a new banner for my signature, so keep an eye out for that.

EDIT #2: Okay, it looks like Brian has fixed my banner, so it now appears in my signature. Thanks for that Brian! Very Happy

Last edited by GamerZack on July 17th 2012, 5:52 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Post update, thank you message for Brian)

Admin
View user profile

on June 13th 2012, 12:17 am
Your image was against Imageshack's TOS!? Surprised
I would be the Yellow Ranger, but that's not going to happen since I can't use the chatbox that it'll be held on. Crying or Very sad

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on June 13th 2012, 12:36 am
Brian wrote:Your image was against Imageshack's TOS!? Surprised
Huh? Oh, nope. I deleted it cause there was a mistake on the Blue Ranger's helmet. Don't worry, I posted the new link. Wink
Brian wrote:I would be the Yellow Ranger, but that's not going to happen since I can't use the chatbox that it'll be held on. Crying or Very sad
Well I guess we could do it in another way. tinychat was just a suggestion. Smile

on June 15th 2012, 11:37 am
Go go Power Rangers! Mighty Morphing Power Rangers! |D

I'm enjoying my new job in Tokyo! Megatron Happy

A photo I took of Nintendo HQ when I visited Kyoto! Megatron Excited/Sho

on June 15th 2012, 5:14 pm
Would you like to join in, Megatron? Wink

on June 20th 2012, 3:21 am
Here is the current cast of Power Rangers: Mushroom Force, along with the primary parts they play.

Clannad as White Ranger and Kamella Koopa

BurstDash as Green Ranger and Iggy Koopa

Kushina as Pink Ranger and Wendy O. Koopa

Eureka as Cyan Ranger and Larry Koopa

Rukiafan as Yellow Ranger and Bowser Jr.

Ragnarok as Purple Ranger and Roy Koopa

ReverseInverse as Orange Ranger and Lemmy Koopa

Marioman as Red Ranger and Morton Koopa Jr.

GamerZack as Blue Ranger and Ludwig von Koopa

mieu-fire as Black Ranger and Kamek the Magikoopa

I created some images pixel-by-pixel using a number of programs, and the rest are from the Mario & Luigi series and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. More images will be added as new members join the cast.

See you next time! victory

Last edited by GamerZack on October 4th 2012, 3:31 am; edited 19 times in total

on June 22nd 2012, 6:23 pm
When will you restart this forum game? I won't be able to join as a regular, but I could take the role of a few of those troublesome monsters of the day. Wink
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum