Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Order Up!! 3DS download impressions YMu9kpZOhgLhmwXN2YQdtHteAPtRRWAr
Do you want fries with that demo?

Order Up!! demo just recently release today on the Nintendo eShop. After spending some time in the kitchen at a low rated fast food joint, I really enjoy the simple portion of the game.

In the demo, you have two modes to choose from which are Tutorial and Quick Play. In Tutorial, you start out on choosing a chef with a correct gender as they’re heading to an island by plane to begin their life long dream of owning and working in the kitchen of a five star restaurant. After a “safe” landing, you’re chef have to start from scratch by making money from an unsatisfying fast food joint. You’ll be in the kitchen serving one customer at a time from a drive-in. In the Tutorial, there will only be one order ticket at a time, learning the simplest stylus techniques of cooking, frying, and slicing the ingredients perfectly from an order ticket. After completing everything on the list, a customer unmannerly takes the order and tips you depending how well you did. The tips are meaningless in the demo version.

Order Up!! 3DS download impressions Rt8I9vG0apgqAkIKJjeFdvkZTmOtuBW7

In Quick Play, the real meat (no pun intended) of the game is to deal with multiple order tickets from a single customer and complete the orders simultaneously. If you finish one of them early, the food will be cold by the time you finish the rest and the customer will not tip you a lot. You have to take advantage of two cooking stations, two frying stations, one cutting board station, and a self-serve drink machine with three different beverages that is available to you. Use the Slide Pad, preferably the D-pad, to scroll through the stations in real time and press up when the game is zoom out after you completed a order ticket so you can immediately be back in your stations.

The touch screen works well, the voice work is impressive with adequate humor, and the visuals are delightfully cartoony. The stereoscopic 3D does give out a minor unpolishedness to the game, fortunately with the 3D on it makes the kitchen shine and that evidence is clear when viewing the trailer from the Nintendo eShop. As a gamer who is not a fan of sim games, Order Up!! really grows on me. The full game is very promising as the game progresses with more delicate high paying restaurants and dealing with picky customers to make the multitasking more challenging.

The full version of Order Up!! will be available to download in NA on June 21 at $9.99. Keep in mind that game was supposedly be a retail game similar to the European release, which is already in stores. Are you interested of the game? Looking forward to my review of Order Up!! few weeks after the game launches? Leave your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Check out the eShop demos thread at the Nintendo Download (3DSware) forum section.

Last edited by SkywardL on June 1st 2012, 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
June 1st 2012, 1:50 amKeAfan7
This sounds better than I thought it would. BTW Great job posting articles daily guys. Wink
Akatsuki
June 2nd 2012, 11:31 amAkatsuki
Is this game available in Japan? I might be good at English, but it's very difficult to precisely translate English into Japanese due to the extreme differences in the two languages, so I don't know what the game would be called here. Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)