View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
Male Posts : 8689
View user profilehttp://wiiwarewave.webs.com

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 31st 2012, 6:57 pm
Unfortunately as things stand right now most of us can't use or even post on wordpress so it's an issue that would tear our community apart.

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

Male Posts : 195
View user profilehttp://www.nintendoninjanews.com

on May 31st 2012, 7:16 pm
Brian wrote:You keep acting like we're doomed and that we can't survive without you which is a little off puting, but I see what you mean and yes I get it, but considering all I have is an Android 2.2 Netpad and a Wii to use for my online needs it might be impossible for me to do much under the circumstances. Enter Forumotion.com it's nearly 100% compatible with almost every browser, and remember one of our strong points is just that!

Without our functionality on even weak game console browsers I think we'd lose most of our loyal longtime followers who post on their gaming device between gaming sessions.

So you won't upgrade the site or improve it because of your limited net access and that about three others use very old technology? Meaning that stamps out any other people who want to see a modern design and features. This is part of the reason why people would go to a modern featured web site then this one.

People who can't access Wordpress - used by tens of millions of people is laughable in this age of the internet. You are holding back the site because of a few people who can't access it. You would get far more people if you modernize the site.

The reviews would go on Facebook and discussed on the Podcast too so there would always be a way to know of them. To be honest why would you even start a forum board when you knew you had this limited net access? Up against those who could actually use Wordpress or any web site?

You need to think about expanding the site for possibly the hundreds of members who might want to join your site. But this is the issue ins't it. Simple internet access.

View user profilehttp://viewtifulreviews.blogspot.com/

on May 31st 2012, 8:42 pm
I'm confused. So we're not joining NNN or are we? And I thought NintendoWave was getting an update in June to look more up to date?

@Chris

I looked at your site and I find it attractive. I find the lack of reviews and the name itself to leave me with a funny taste in my mouth, but everything else is spot on.

Admin
Male Posts : 546
View user profile

on May 31st 2012, 8:45 pm
Wow!

I completely forgot that we are going to have an update makeover next month Smile

Male Posts : 2314
View user profile

on May 31st 2012, 9:37 pm
I'm sorry christicehurst, but I find a lot of what you're stating to be somewhat demeaning and very inconsiderate. I've been a member of this website almost since it was launched. I find it offensive for you state that upgrading the site is far more important than allowing access to longtime members like myself. I became a member of this website because of it's compatibility with the Wii browser. Like I've stated before, I am unable to access my home computer conveniently. Before you arrived, Brian wouldn't have even considered upgrading the website. The majority of our loyal members wouldn't be able to access it, if he did. I'm sorry, but you're going to force me to become even more defensive than I've previously been. Also, I'd really like to know what you mean by staff being in the wrong positions. I'm biting my tongue, right now. I'd love to express myself a lot more harshly towards your statements, but I respect Brian and this website too much to do so. You should seriously watch the statements you're making.

on May 31st 2012, 10:20 pm
WiiAboutU wrote:I'm sorry christicehurst, but I find a lot of what you're stating to be somewhat demeaning and very inconsiderate. I've been a member of this website almost since it was launched. I find it offensive for you state that upgrading the site is far more important than allowing access to longtime members like myself. I became a member of this website because of it's compatibility with the Wii browser. Like I've stated before, I am unable to access my home computer conveniently. Before you arrived, Brian wouldn't have even considered upgrading the website. The majority of our loyal members wouldn't be able to access it, if he did. I'm sorry, but you're going to force me to become even more defensive than I've previously been. Also, I'd really like to know what you mean by staff being in the wrong positions. I'm biting my tongue, right now. I'd love to express myself a lot more harshly towards your statements, but I respect Brian and this website too much to do so. You should seriously watch the statements you're making.

I'm sorry if the statements are demeaning to you. When I design web sites I don't think about people who use their Wii consoles because in reality no uses it for their primary internet access. I don't understand how in today's world people don't have basic internet service or a working computer. I understand kids in Africa or Asia but not in a first world country. When I didn't net access when I was young lad, I went to the Library, Net Cafe, grabbed a friend's net just to keep moving forward.

My aim with the staff members not in the right position was actually trying to be really nice about the situation. I checked the monthly stats for last month - just to see how well the staff interactive with the members. It's a important thing and makes life easier when heated discussions like this happens. I found 2 staff in the top ten posters - out of 14 staff members. It suggests to me that many staff members are only posting about maybe 20 or less a month. And if you have that much staff not engaging or just logging in to keep up appearances then you need to cull staff members and re-organize to the number of staff members that is only needed to help run the forum. Even for the past week on the stats page, I'm the 2nd most active poster and apart from Brain, and Skttr there's no admins to be seen on the forum which is a real shame.

To put it in simple words - Brain has two choices.

1. Re-design WWW and give it the professional edge it needs to grow and to get the many members he could get - hundreds, maybe thousands of members.

2. Remain the same as it is to support about 10 people who use the Wii as their only net access. Growth will be very hard because the site is outdated in forum software technology and lacks the features to go against the thousands of other gaming sites.

I'm just here to help and give WWW something extra to make people come here. The deal was to move articles and reviews to Ninja News and let the good discussions stay here. Take out the portal section and your forum would like 5 times better and more streamlined.

All I can do is put my case forward.

on May 31st 2012, 10:22 pm
@Chrono_Cross wrote:I'm confused. So we're not joining NNN or are we? And I thought NintendoWave was getting an update in June to look more up to date?

@Chris

I looked at your site and I find it attractive. I find the lack of reviews and the name itself to leave me with a funny taste in my mouth, but everything else is spot on.

Yeah, the reviews will start coming in for the next few weeks.

And the name, even I thought it was a odd name. But it's like one of those names after a while it sticks on to you - much like Google or Wii.

View user profile

on May 31st 2012, 10:47 pm
Ummm... I really don't see why Brian needs to re-design the website, so he can attract thousands of members. You should check out another gaming forum I frequent. Which is also compatible with the Wii browser. They currently have 9,700 total members, and new members have been joining every week. Very Happy

Nintendo Forums
http://nintendo-forums.com/index/

In all honesty, I don't see why we need thousands of members, anyways. It's not like Brian or anyone else is profiting from however many members we have. Also, why would anyone in Africa or Asia own a Wii console, high-speed internet and a wireless router but not a computer? The point you tried to make doesn't make any sense at all my friend. No sense at all. Very Happy
Admin
Male Posts : 8689
View user profilehttp://wiiwarewave.webs.com

on May 31st 2012, 11:33 pm
@christicehurst Yeah this is making me uncomfortable that it seems like you're trying to force me to make a decision like this even though I'm clearly apprehensive about this, and @KingreX32 it seems to me you're kind of trying to lean me towards making this decision too, though not forcefully like christicehurst.....

Look guys you might not know this, but I had another website named VideoGameMasters.com years ago when I was about 14 that was even larger than WiiWareWave is now....3,000+ members, 60,000+ posts it was on free software like this and I made the mistake of trusting someone that was trying to make a business offer like you are, and not only did I end up having my website stolen from me, but I was also IP banned from the new website where my data was moved to, so you can probably understand why I'm being so defensive and unwilling to accept this offer.

I really don't think I could stand losing a second website I've poured my heart and soul into.

@christicehurst I really don't think you'd do that in all honesty, but when something like that happens to a person they tend to be very cautious and try to make sure it never happens again.

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Adventure!

on May 31st 2012, 11:54 pm
I'm not going to disagree or continue with this deal anymore. You guys are standing your ground and there's nothing I can do to change your mind. I'm also very busy with my site with coding and promoting and getting it right for E3. To WiiaboutU I was comparing you to some poor kid in a World Vision ad. Save up some money and a buy a computer - if 12 year old's can own a computer so can people here. It would really help you guys out with your web site. Hope things go well with WWW and all the best...

And goodbye.

You cannot reply to topics in this forum