Latest topics

Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
Male Posts : 2314
Reputation : 277
Age : 35
Location : North Olmsted, Ohio, United States
View user profile

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 28th 2012, 4:54 pm
I really don't see how WiiWare only has a week left to exist. The service will continue to exist after the WiiU launches. It's not like Nintendo is actually going to update the WiiShop, at this point in time.

Anyways, I already suggested that we change the name to, "Nintendo Window," but that was a flop. Very Happy

Also, I guess your idea's would involve revoking everyone's Moderator power's, huh? I guess at NinjaNews you don't really care what others think or want.
avatar
Male Posts : 195
Reputation : 5
Age : 31
View user profilehttp://www.nintendoninjanews.com

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 28th 2012, 5:23 pm
Actually WiiWare has been dead for a while and that's hard to say as a Nintendo fan. I do 't how you made up that last paragraph without knowing how Ninja News works. If my forum was only making 15 posts a day with about eight to ten staff members then most of them are not pulling their weight.

I have one staff member on my footy forum and he can easily manage 300 people and the site makes about 30 to 120 posts a day.

The decision has to be made by the owner of the forum and sometimes hard decisions need to be made. Decisions can be made between staff and their members but the boss makes the final call.

____________________________
Nintendo Ninja News - www.nintendoninjanews.com
avatar
Admin
Male Posts : 3338
Reputation : 457
Age : 25
Location : Canada
View user profilehttp://kingrex32.webs.com/

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 28th 2012, 5:54 pm
Ive got no problem trying something new. But Not too radical. Personally I like the coulos of the site.

(mainly casue Blue is my fav colour)

____________________________
Nintendo Network ID: KingreX32

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

avatar
Male Posts : 195
Reputation : 5
Age : 31
View user profilehttp://www.nintendoninjanews.com

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 28th 2012, 6:09 pm
KingreX32 wrote:Ive got no problem trying something new. But Not too radical. Personally I like the coulos of the site.

(mainly casue Blue is my fav colour)

Blue is my fav color too! So might be a color to look at
avatar
Admin
Male Posts : 499
Reputation : 284
Age : 36
Location : Germany
View user profilehttp://www.backloggery.com/skttr

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 28th 2012, 6:18 pm
WiiWare isn´t dead! I have downloaded a bunch of games the other day and it was still up and alive.
And there are at least 10 games still in development/announced for release, with gems such as Retro City Rampage and La-Mulana and classic remakes such as Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition and Descent coming out.

This is a Nintendo site though, and not just about WiiWare, and we´re aware about that. We´ll change the name of this site just in time anyway.

Thanks for being interested to co-op with our site. We´ll look into it, but just like you said, the boss decides.

Unfortunately most of our staff had/have all sorts of different (personal) problems, me included, but once everyone gets their stuff sorted, I believe we will get better.
I hope to get a pretty good pc by the end of the year to make up for the time I couldn´t do much on here with just my Wii.
avatar
Male Posts : 195
Reputation : 5
Age : 31
View user profilehttp://www.nintendoninjanews.com

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 28th 2012, 9:57 pm
SKTTR wrote:WiiWare isn´t dead! I have downloaded a bunch of games the other day and it was still up and alive.
And there are at least 10 games still in development/announced for release, with gems such as Retro City Rampage and La-Mulana and classic remakes such as Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition and Descent coming out.

This is a Nintendo site though, and not just about WiiWare, and we´re aware about that. We´ll change the name of this site just in time anyway.

Thanks for being interested to co-op with our site. We´ll look into it, but just like you said, the boss decides.

Unfortunately most of our staff had/have all sorts of different (personal) problems, me included, but once everyone gets their stuff sorted, I believe we will get better.
I hope to get a pretty good pc by the end of the year to make up for the time I couldn´t do much on here with just my Wii.

Game publisher Nicalis has told GoNintendo why they just cancelled the North American WiiWare port of La-Mulana, and the short answer is, WiiWare just isn't worth the bother.

http://nintendo.about.com/b/2012/05/05/nicalis-declares-wiiware-dead.htm

I rest my case Smile

They should just hold it off until the Nintendo Network is up and running.

The deal here is pretty good for you guys in terms of you still keep your forum intact and you get control of the forum board section and the deeper discussions about Nintendo. My role is to gather what you guys have done so far and give it the professional image makeover so to speak. Make it look and sound impressive much like the other gaming sites out there.

I can understand personal problems too well. I have major depressions for many years and some days are good and some are bad. So we all work on a way to bring everything together and make something special.
avatar
Male Posts : 257
Reputation : 30
Age : 48
Location : Toronto
View user profilehttp://www.thecuphalffull.com

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 29th 2012, 3:01 am
My spare time is pretty non-existent at the moment so I'm not being much of a contributor at the moment. Hopefully things will settle down for me soon.

I will say this; While I respect that certain users access this site through their Wiis, to the vast majority of people out there, it's just 'old'. It's built on really old tech, and looks quite dated. As we've been discussing for a while, the name wiiwarewave is also outdated. I expect Nintendo will quickly abandon Wiiware once WiiU is out. It'll still exist, it just won't get any attention/new content.

It's not a question of IF WWW needs to change, merely one of when (ASAP) and how. What Chris suggests may not jive 100% with people here but to do nothing (or even merely a name change) is to accept a slow death.

Having an 'outsider' come and want to 'takeover' and change stuff, may feel distasteful, but it's an option, whereas the status quo, really, in the long term, is not.
avatar
Male Posts : 195
Reputation : 5
Age : 31
View user profilehttp://www.nintendoninjanews.com

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 29th 2012, 3:48 am
gamerace wrote:My spare time is pretty non-existent at the moment so I'm not being much of a contributor at the moment. Hopefully things will settle down for me soon.

I will say this; While I respect that certain users access this site through their Wiis, to the vast majority of people out there, it's just 'old'. It's built on really old tech, and looks quite dated. As we've been discussing for a while, the name wiiwarewave is also outdated. I expect Nintendo will quickly abandon Wiiware once WiiU is out. It'll still exist, it just won't get any attention/new content.

It's not a question of IF WWW needs to change, merely one of when (ASAP) and how. What Chris suggests may not jive 100% with people here but to do nothing (or even merely a name change) is to accept a slow death.

Having an 'outsider' come and want to 'takeover' and change stuff, may feel distasteful, but it's an option, whereas the status quo, really, in the long term, is not.

You hit the nail on the head. What I've been trying to explain but you found the better words.

avatar
Admin
Male Posts : 499
Reputation : 284
Age : 36
Location : Germany
View user profilehttp://www.backloggery.com/skttr

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 29th 2012, 4:20 am
christicehurst wrote:

Game publisher Nicalis has told GoNintendo why they just cancelled the North American WiiWare port of La-Mulana, and the short answer is, WiiWare just isn't worth the bother.

http://nintendo.about.com/b/2012/05/05/nicalis-declares-wiiware-dead.htm

I rest my case Smile

They should just hold it off until the Nintendo Network is up and running.

The deal here is pretty good for you guys in terms of you still keep your forum intact and you get control of the forum board section and the deeper discussions about Nintendo. My role is to gather what you guys have done so far and give it the professional image makeover so to speak. Make it look and sound impressive much like the other gaming sites out there.

I can understand personal problems too well. I have major depressions for many years and some days are good and some are bad. So we all work on a way to bring everything together and make something special.

Yeah, case closed is probably for the best when listening to one tiny (and pretty dumb) publisher that didn´t even exist when WiiWare was announced.

Case closed is the best way to deny the fact that
a) WiiWare has still more than 300 games alive, and quite a few great ones most of you never played, and...
b) WiiWare has still 10+ games announced for release or in development.

I guess it´s just a matter of semantics, maybe.
WiiWare doesn´t do well, that´s right. But ill doesn´t mean dead.
And dying doesn´t mean dead either.
Having lots of problems, yeah, dead, but only when you kill yourself if you got lots of problems (just a metaphor).

The real problem are the hackers and pirates. Just ask any WiiWare developer. They don´t make profits because most Wii gamers steal the games instead of downloading them officially with Wii Points. The ratio is 2:1, maybe even more.
Anyway, I´m proud to support hardworking developers until WiiWare is really dead.

Listen to someone and be fooled. If I were you I would try listening to other developers like Vblank Entertainment (Retro City Rampage), Asterizm Corporation (La-Mulana), Interplay (Descent), Sabarasa (Protocol), Konami (Frogger), the ones that actually make WiiWare´s heart still beat.

WiiWare is not dead!
At least not until the final officially announced WiiWare game gets released or cancelled.

And finally, I support the idea of bringing the other WW games (that doesn´t make it in time) over to the WiiU Shop. It´s definately for the best. In fact, all WiiWare should get a second chance on WiiU and all WiiWare should be transferable to WiiU.

Now we can close the case, if you want.


Back on topic: I´m going to check out your site now.
avatar
Male Posts : 195
Reputation : 5
Age : 31
View user profilehttp://www.nintendoninjanews.com

Re: Message for WiiWareWave

on May 30th 2012, 3:42 am
If WiiWare has only 300 games on it than it did fail. Some of the major issues around WiiWare was the publisher just couldn't make the profits that it could elsewhere. Yes we can blame the hackers and the torrent files but on other platforms games can make a far better profit than the old WiiWare. It's pretty common knowledge with most people that WiiWare didn't really make it because of Nintendo's lack of idea of what online is.

The Nintendo Network will be a big change and will likely be your cup of tea of a successful online downnable games. The eShop is starting to become a decent and good option for everyone.

Returning back to the topic - I really do need some answers on this as the E3 ship is sailing into the docks. And I can't afford to sit around and wait while ten staff members try and figure what to do with the site's future.

I've built a complete blog, forum board, Youtube site, FB Page, Podcast - all in a month by myself. Just think if I had a few more willing people on board and the things that could be done.

____________________________
Nintendo Ninja News - www.nintendoninjanews.com
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum