Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jnes5
Jnes5
RUMOR: New Wii U redesigned controller leaked ?! RedesignedWiiUController

It might seem that Nintendo have listened to a certain group of people !

According to a rumor, a TellTale Games employee posted a twitter message in which it also was accompanied with a picture of the Wii U controller... however ! this controller looks a lot different than the one from last year's E3 !

RUMOR: New Wii U redesigned controller leaked ?! WiiUControllerchanges
Comparisons between last year's E3 Wii U controller and the one leaked recently

- As you can see, the controller has control sticks now ! and they're away from the screen now
- The start and select buttons are now below the XYBA buttons instead of being between the Home button
- There's a new weird thing between the battery light and the power button ( a button ? or some sort of soft pad ?)
- The Mic is now closer to the Home button
- There's a square mark below the d-pad (it could be nothing though...)
- There's a Wii U mark in there next to the left speaker (no big surprise, but it does look nice !)

However, Now that the twitter message has been deleted, it is now a mystery whether or not this is either a complete redesign that will launch with the Wii U or is just the controller that the Developers just use for their Wii U Dev kits.

But what do you guys and gals think ?

Source: GoNintendo

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Biorn the Viking
May 19th 2012, 5:30 pmBiorn the Viking
One thing I like about this redesigned controller (if it is indeed true) is the placement of Start + Select buttons. Having them next to the home button is really unnecessary as they are used more frequently. I also like the new control sticks.

I still think the whole tablet looks slightly weird and somewhat uncomfortable to play with. Especially for football (soccer) or racing games.
KingreX32
hmmmmmm. The Analog sticks on the New Controller seem small. Very Small
DigiDestined
May 20th 2012, 12:15 pmDigiDestined
The controller looks too bulky for my hands Sad
It's clear that the controller design is the perfect size for adult men and not so much for women or children Sad
LordHoppingRage
May 20th 2012, 1:09 pmLordHoppingRage
I don't even know how kids younger than teenagers will even be able to use this massive tablet hell even I would likely have difficulty reaching all those damn buttons. Evil or Very Mad
Nintendo shalt bring forth sorrow in the hearts of children by depriving them them of the thing youths enjoy above all else thus is the story of WiiU. Twisted Evil
XenobladeYuki
May 20th 2012, 1:25 pmXenobladeYuki
I completely agree that the tablet is way to big for children and even adults that don't have rather large hands and or long fingers. That said the new design does seem better, but the size is still a serious issue.
Punnyguy
Well there's one fired worker at Telltale. Sad
Anywho the redesign is looking good. Smile
Anonymous
May 20th 2012, 6:21 pmPAL96
i already have rather large hands so I'm in the clear Very Happy
Amufungal
Why aren't the avatars in the article comments showing up?

I like the new layout of the buttons but the tablet still looks too large for me to be competitive or at least do a good job at providing a challenge against men or women that have (piano hands) with long finger reach online with that huge controller Crying or Very sad

My arms will probably get sore holding something so big whilst playing too Sad

I wouldn't have any issues if Nintendo made the WiiU tablet as small as the 3DS I really don't need a 7" screen on the tablet since I'll most likely rarely use the screen to play WiiU games since I have my own personal TV that only I use and besides the 3DS screen is plenty large enough without making the 3DS difficult to hold or see Neutral
Aussiegamer
I agree with all you mates that tab is just terribly large and would be awkward to reach all the buttons without dropping the device D-:
KingreX32
You could never use this one handed. I hope its not as heavy as it looks.
Ms_Kinomoto
May 23rd 2012, 12:31 pmMs_Kinomoto
Um....how is a small girl like me gonna use a controller that is soooooo HUGE? Crying or Very sad
I might be 14 but I am really small for my age and most people think that I am like 8 or 9 because of my size and looks so how am I gonna hold something like that? Crying or Very sad
Amufungal
Awww I bet you're an adorable young lady Smile
Don't feel bad Epona I don't know if I'll be able to use that giant tablet very well myself and I'm 5' 7" so your being small for your age is not the issue Smile
SkywardL
I still can't figure out where exactly am I going to place the Wii U Tablet when I'm done playing.
KingreX32
On your coffee table.

NOT ON THE FLOOR. Especially if there are kids around.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)