Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer

Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please"

+35
RWBY_Red
Kenshin A-Go-Go
Himawari Chan
Kain
SonicKnuckles
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
Talesfanatic
Mouser
Tech101
Ms_Kinomoto
Tio-Tot
RyanNerdyGamer
Elza
SuperVash
Clαππαd
Ragnarok
Trinity33
ShanaNoShakugan
Chickgoboom
Yusei Fudo
Marioman18
FuManchu
Mickeymac
ToughGamer
Akatsuki
DigiDestined
KokorOtaku
ShounenMania
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Sakura chan
Staroceancrazy
Megatron2000
KeAfan7
Biorn the Viking
Amufungal
39 posters
Go down
SonicKnuckles
SonicKnuckles

Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 Empty Re: Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please"

April 25th 2014, 11:59 am
Nepgear wrote:
Staroceancrazy wrote:
SonicKnuckles wrote:
Tech101 wrote:With the news of a new Yu Yu Hakusho I've started watching the old ones again. I watch them on YouTube on the weekends while driving in my car....well ok listen to them Lol. Don't need to see them as I know what's going on lol!  Great series!
Yu Yu Hakusho is my sole raisin for existing.
Wait what!? I think you meant reason not raisin Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 1625187496
O-kaaay so you're a dehydrated grape? Rolling Eyes
Lol. I meant reason. This is why I don't like spell checkers. Razz

Staroceancrazy wrote:
SonicKnuckles wrote:
Tech101 wrote:With the news of a new Yu Yu Hakusho I've started watching the old ones again. I watch them on YouTube on the weekends while driving in my car....well ok listen to them Lol. Don't need to see them as I know what's going on lol!  Great series!
Yu Yu Hakusho is my sole raisin for existing.
Wait what!? I think you meant reason not raisin Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 1625187496
O-kaaay so you're a dehydrated grape? Rolling Eyes
Lol. I meant reason. This is why I don't like spell checkers. Razz
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 Empty Re: Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please"

April 25th 2014, 3:06 pm
What just happened?! 0_0

Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 19654

Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 87457210

Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Tech101
Tech101

April 25th 2014, 3:46 pm
From what I gather Yuskai is a raisin and he's getting a D in spelling!? Am I right! Wink
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

April 25th 2014, 3:54 pm
LMAO. Yeah whatever just happened was hilarious! lol!

ShanaNoShakugan
ShanaNoShakugan

April 25th 2014, 4:53 pm
What funny? What happen?

Tech101

April 26th 2014, 7:34 am
I watched and enjoyed the Trigun movie within the past 2 weeks. If you've never seen it I recommend watching the series first as it seems more like one long episode then an ending movie. I would have to say it falls somewhere within the latter half of the series around episode 20 to 22. If you haven't seen the series I highly recommend it. I'm not a big western style person but this is the best!  It's more old west meets technology as you'll find out once you see the show.

I'm old so I'm a bit more old school anime. Watched most of mine about 10 to 15 years ago!
Amufungal
Amufungal
Admin
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

April 26th 2014, 12:07 pm
A new Sailor Moon anime is starting soon I'm so excited Smile

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.
SuperVash
SuperVash

April 27th 2014, 11:45 am
Tech101 wrote:I watched and enjoyed the Trigun movie within the past 2 weeks. If you've never seen it I recommend watching the series first as it seems more like one long episode then an ending movie. I would have to say it falls somewhere within the latter half of the series around episode 20 to 22. If you haven't seen the series I highly recommend it. I'm not a big western style person but this is the best!  It's more old west meets technology as you'll find out once you see the show.

I'm old so I'm a bit more old school anime. Watched most of mine about 10 to 15 years ago!
Same here! Those were good times.

Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 FunnyTrigun2_zps9016bff1
Tech101
Tech101

April 27th 2014, 11:50 am
SuperVash wrote:
Tech101 wrote:I watched and enjoyed the Trigun movie within the past 2 weeks. If you've never seen it I recommend watching the series first as it seems more like one long episode then an ending movie. I would have to say it falls somewhere within the latter half of the series around episode 20 to 22. If you haven't seen the series I highly recommend it. I'm not a big western style person but this is the best!  It's more old west meets technology as you'll find out once you see the show.

Same here! Those were good times.

Love your signature!

You should put love and peace in your signature! Smile
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 3rd 2014, 12:14 pm
I need some suggestions for some good action/adventure anime that have at least 25 episodes. Too many newer anime series are just 12-13 episodes long which I don't like. Any suggestions?

Tech101
Tech101

May 3rd 2014, 2:22 pm
My favs and it's no surprise are Kenshin, Outlawstar, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun of course. If you haven't seen any of those then what wrong with you lol!
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 4th 2014, 2:39 pm
I watched all of the classics, but now most series seem to last 13 episodes tops. I don't like this new trend. Neutral

Tech101
Tech101

May 4th 2014, 2:48 pm
Have you seen Dai Guard? It was one of my personal favorites.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 5th 2014, 1:34 pm
What's that one about?

Tech101
Tech101

May 5th 2014, 1:39 pm
It's a bit different from the normal giant mecha fighters since its more about the lives of every day office workers. I really enjoyed it and the characters went pretty deep later in the series. Also have you seen Escaflowne or Last exile. Both are also really good with Last Exile being one of my favorites.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 5th 2014, 1:43 pm
Escaflowne is a Studio Ghibli Film isn't it? And as for The Last Exile DON'T bring that anime up! I started watching it on Netflix and then it was removed from the service without warning when I was only halfway through the series. Razz

Tech101
Tech101

May 5th 2014, 1:47 pm
Lol, you need to give me your address sometime and I'll send you the series on DVD. I can see how that can be frustrating. Also I don't believe Escaflowne is Studio Ghibli. Its a bit more story driven but also giant mech style.

Let me just say Escaflowne is more drama serious and Dai Guard is more on the comedy side but serious as well.
Tech101
Tech101

May 5th 2014, 2:05 pm
Actually you're in luck as YouTube seems to have all the episode of Last Exile. I just checked! Finish it NOW LOL!
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 5th 2014, 5:04 pm
For crying out!!! The Last Exile was just added to the hulu streaming service today! Shocked
Time to watch it again....but what a coincidence lol. Wink

Tech101
Tech101

May 5th 2014, 5:52 pm
I'm on episode 52 of Yu Yu Hakusho and I think I might go through Last Exile next myself. Still have another 60 episode's to go first so I say in a moth or so!
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 5th 2014, 5:55 pm
My favorite fight in the entire series is the one between Yusuke and Sensui in the Demon World! That battle was so epic that it felt like I was watching an episode of DBZ! Surprised

Tech101
Tech101

May 5th 2014, 5:59 pm
I'm getting ready to watch the fight against team Tagoro. So many good fights on this show!  I'm not a fan of Dragon Ball because I never really got into it but even I can see the similarities.

Have you seen Claymore or Berserk? Really liked both of those as well!
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 5th 2014, 7:59 pm
WTF!? I just got a Trigun poster sent to me in the mail by someone I don't know! Prinny
Oh well thanks for the cool 50 Billion Double Dollar Vash The Stampede wanted poster whoever you are! Very Happy

Tech101
Tech101

May 6th 2014, 5:02 am
@Rukiafan Someone over on NL is basically requesting the source of the Yu Yu Hakusho reboot/continuation. Would you mind posting a link?
Amufungal
Amufungal
Admin
Super Coinage!

May 6th 2014, 11:33 am
@Tech101 I don't know if Rukiafan knows, I think @ToughGamer was the one who brought it up so you might want to ask him Smile
@Rukiafan is my cousin so I know him and I doubt that he saved the link on his browser and it does not look like @ToughGamer posted the source in the topic

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.
Tech101
Tech101

May 6th 2014, 11:52 am
Well then I hope he sees this but if not I'm sure it's not that big of a deal. I would personally like to see it though.
Trinity33
Trinity33

May 7th 2014, 12:20 pm
Why hasn't disney made a Kingdom Hearts anime yet? It would print money!

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 10th 2014, 11:56 am
Fairy Tail is the best Shonen anime since DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho and if you haven't watched it yet you should just do yourself a favor and start doing so now! Wink

Tech101
Tech101

May 10th 2014, 12:49 pm
Rukiafan wrote:Fairy Tail is the best Shonen anime since DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho and if you haven't watched it yet you should just do yourself a favor and start doing so now! Wink

Are you saying it's similar to Yu Yu Hakusho or his best work since?  I looked it up and definitely looks interesting!

On another note, so I said a while  Back that i was youtubing Yu Yu Hakusho while driving and at first it wasn't too bad but the last couple weeks have been very frustrating.  Either my phone or service provider doesn't like it. Either way I was looking for other ways to enjoy my shows while driving and found a wonderful app that 100% free and has tons to view!  I typed in all my favorites and 90% of them are there. It's called Anime Tube for those wondering. Was happy to see Fairy Tail was there!  Only draw back is tons of adds but I can deal with it as it's been lag and load free for me!  Give it a go and I hope it works out for you.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Super Coinage!

May 12th 2014, 6:30 pm
Fairy Tail is very different from Yu Yu Hakusho but it's one of the best Shounen anime series that I've watched.
I don't know if that is what Rukiafan meant as well lol? Smile

Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 12th 2014, 6:32 pm
Nepgear wrote:Fairy Tail is very different from Yu Yu Hakusho but it's one of the best Shounen anime series that I've watched.
I don't know if that is what Rukiafan meant as well lol? Smile
Indeed that's what I meant. Wink

ShanaNoShakugan
ShanaNoShakugan

May 12th 2014, 7:30 pm
Fairy Tail is such good series! Smile

Ms_Kinomoto

May 13th 2014, 12:55 pm
Um...has anyone here watch Tsubasa Chronicles?
It has so many characters from Cardcaptor Sakura and other CLAMP anime series. Smile

KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 13th 2014, 4:25 pm
I have and it's a fantastic series. Wink

Staroceancrazy
Staroceancrazy
Admin
Super Coinage!

May 20th 2014, 2:09 pm
Is M.A.R. worth watching on Hulu?

Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 Star_o10
Tech101
Tech101

May 20th 2014, 2:54 pm
Finally got done watching Yu Yu Hakusho. What a great series!  Started today watching Eden of the East and so far after the first episode really enjoying it. Not sure what I'll watch next as this will be over quickly. Fairy Tail sounds appealing but not sure I want to get into another 100 plus show.
Yusei Fudo
Yusei Fudo

May 20th 2014, 4:32 pm
Fairy Tail is well worth the time needed to watch it, but that's just my opinion.

Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 Guildbanner
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 21st 2014, 4:37 pm
Tech101 wrote:Finally got done watching Yu Yu Hakusho. What a great series!  Started today watching Eden of the East and so far after the first episode really enjoying it. Not sure what I'll watch next as this will be over quickly. Fairy Tail sounds appealing but not sure I want to get into another 100 plus show.
Dude you need to take the plunge into the Fairy Tail series! It's one of the best, if not the absolute best anime series released in the last decade. Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

May 21st 2014, 5:55 pm
Apparently FairyTail is now available to watch on Crunchyroll. I'm very tempted to watch it... Smile
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 21st 2014, 5:56 pm
GamerZack7 wrote:Apparently FairyTail is now available to watch on Crunchyroll. I'm very tempted to watch it... Smile
Watch it! Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

May 21st 2014, 5:58 pm
Later. Wink
Tech101
Tech101

May 21st 2014, 6:25 pm
Rukiafan wrote:
Tech101 wrote:Finally got done watching Yu Yu Hakusho. What a great series!  Started today watching Eden of the East and so far after the first episode really enjoying it. Not sure what I'll watch next as this will be over quickly. Fairy Tail sounds appealing but not sure I want to get into another 100 plus show.
Dude you need to take the plunge into the Fairy Tail series! It's one of the best, if not the absolute best anime series released in the last decade. Wink

How many episodes is it? The app on my phone has 122 I believe.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 21st 2014, 8:39 pm
182 episodes so far and it's likely to be ending within the next two seasons so most likely 220ish episodes will be the total which is far shorter than Bleach and Naruto. Wink

Last edited by Rukiafan on May 21st 2014, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 21st 2014, 8:40 pm
The dub is currently at 110-120 episodes atm. Wink

Tech101
Tech101

May 21st 2014, 9:01 pm
Thank you sir!
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

May 21st 2014, 10:54 pm
No problem Tech! Wink

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 2nd 2014, 12:31 pm
Why does it seem like the mecha anime genre is completely dead in the western hemisphere? Neutral

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

June 2nd 2014, 9:35 pm
Rukiafan wrote:Why does it seem like the mecha anime genre is completely dead in the western hemisphere? Neutral
If you like the use of mecha in anime, then I may end up doing a mecha-themed series set in one of my worlds. I'd probably choose Mekharatus, which is loosely steampunk-inspired, and would offer a unique take on traditional futuristic mecha shows by having steam-powered mecha in an industrial society. Anime And Manga Thread "No Spoilers Please" - Page 4 631737971
Anonymous

June 2nd 2014, 10:09 pm
Naruto Shippuden is back to fillers again. Sad
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 3rd 2014, 10:49 am
I've been watching old VHS recordings of Yu-Yu-Hakusho lately from back when it aired on Toonami. I have the whole series, but the sound and picture quality have degraded quite a bit. Neutral

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)