Go down
Admin
View user profile

Re: The Videogame Connoisseur

on April 20th 2012, 5:57 pm
Stinkerbri wrote:Alright guys I grabbed a used copy of the game for $6.99 used at Gamestop. king
I checked and the disc doesn't have a single scratch on it. Surprised
Expect a review in the upcoming months. Wink

The disc?? One disc? Normally the game comes on discs. Two discs.
Just like Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil 4, killer7, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and Wind Waker + Ocarina of Time Master Quest.

WiiAboutU wrote:Nice! Did you decide to purchase a copy because of this thread Stinkerbri? Anyways, I can't wait for the upcoming review.

SKTTR and gamerace, let me put it this way, do you think a factory sealed copy of, "Baten Kaitos," will become a valuable collectible someday?

I believe it will be at least worth the original release price which is around 50 bucks. 50 european PAL bucks for the PAL version, mind you.
I donĀ“t know about its rareness level in USA.

on April 20th 2012, 7:51 pm
I think Stinkerbri made a few typo's lol. Razz
The discs don't have a single scratch on them is what he probably meant to say. Razz

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846

on April 21st 2012, 10:54 am
Eureka wrote:I think Stinkerbri made a few typo's lol. Razz
The discs don't have a single scratch on them is what he probably meant to say. Razz

I hope so. I picked up a used copy myself until I realized there were suppose to be two disks and I was given only one. Upon checking the store didn't have the second so they took it back.

on April 21st 2012, 11:11 am
WiiAboutU wrote:gamerace, can you please give me a few examples of rarer titles I should keep an eye out for?

I'm not an authorative expect when it comes to GC. My son had one but I only ever played Burnout and Melee on it (and a little Airride game which it's not manly to speak of)

What I do know is GC was starved of JRPGs but the ones everyone knows and all JRPG fans with GC got were FF:CC and BK.

The resell value on those are solid and they definitely shouldn't drop.

Rarer are probably Fire Emblem and BK: Origins - the prequel to BK:EWatLO. Fire Emblem was unknown then but has developed a strong niche audience and by the time BK:O dropped the GC was listless much like the Wii now. So sales were likely very soft but any collector would want the sequel to the famous BK.

Other JRPGs of mention for GC: Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcardia: Legends, and Phantasy Star 1&2 and Phantasy Star 3. There's more but I doubt the rest have any resell value.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum