Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Go down
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

The Videogame Connoisseur Empty The Videogame Connoisseur

April 19th 2012, 10:52 pm
Do you guys think a new factory sealed copy of, "Baten Kaitos," for $29.99 is an intelligent investment as a collectible?
SKTTR
SKTTR
Admin

The Videogame Connoisseur Empty Re: The Videogame Connoisseur

April 20th 2012, 5:44 am
If it's not a good investment for a collectible, then at least it is an investment in a good RPG.

From my experience, rare Japanese RPG's (and shmups) tend to be better collectibles and rise up in value more than other games/genres from other countries.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

April 20th 2012, 7:20 am
Why SKTTR, is, "Baten Kaitos," considered a rare JRPG?

Admin

April 20th 2012, 7:55 am
WiiAboutU wrote:Why SKTTR, is, "Baten Kaitos," considered a rare JRPG?

Well, I don't consider it rare. Not yet, since it was one of the later Gamecube games. But with the years passing it gets harder and harder to find for a reasonable price. There are plenty of JRPG collectors, and people building up Gamecube collections now that the games are cheap. At least that's how the situation looks like in PAL regions. It can be completely different in NA.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Baten Kaitos was co-produced by MONOLITH SOFT, and with the Xenoblade Chronicles hype around now there might be quite a bunch of people interested in other MONOLITH SOFT games for their Wii and search for Baten Kaitos and other games like Disaster: Day of Crisis now.
gamerace
gamerace

April 20th 2012, 8:59 am
That seems like a fair price for an unopenned copy and it's value should only go up. But it's one of the most popular GC RPGs and not exactly a rare find.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

April 20th 2012, 12:19 pm
Alright guys I grabbed a used copy of the game for $6.99 used at Gamestop. king
I checked and the disc doesn't have a single scratch on it. Surprised
Expect a review in the upcoming months. Wink

The Videogame Connoisseur 19654

The Videogame Connoisseur 87457210

The Videogame Connoisseur Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

April 20th 2012, 12:25 pm
BTW Gamestop is liquidating their Gamecube games now for 70% off so you might want to check out your Gamestop soon before the good stuff is all gone. Wink
BTW they're doing the same thing with PS2 games now too I think they're 60% off. Wink
I saw Rogue Galaxy for $5.99 used and GTA: San Andreas for $9.99 new. Wink

The Videogame Connoisseur 19654

The Videogame Connoisseur 87457210

The Videogame Connoisseur Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

April 20th 2012, 1:03 pm
Nice! Did you decide to purchase a copy because of this thread Stinkerbri? Anyways, I can't wait for the upcoming review.

SKTTR and gamerace, let me put it this way, do you think a factory sealed copy of, "Baten Kaitos," will become a valuable collectible someday?

April 20th 2012, 1:22 pm
WiiAboutU wrote:Nice! Did you decide to purchase a copy because of this thread Stinkerbri? Anyways, I can't wait for the upcoming review.

SKTTR and gamerace, let me put it this way, do you think a factory sealed copy of, "Baten Kaitos," will become a valuable collectible someday?

If you hold onto it long enough. But there are other rarer games that will probably be worth much more.

If WiiU has GC games on the download service then Baten Kaitos may well be on it since Nintendo now owns Monolith Soft. Not sure how that will affect value but certainly softens demand.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

April 20th 2012, 1:56 pm
gamerace, can you please give me a few examples of rarer titles I should keep an eye out for?

Admin

April 20th 2012, 2:57 pm
Stinkerbri wrote:Alright guys I grabbed a used copy of the game for $6.99 used at Gamestop. king
I checked and the disc doesn't have a single scratch on it. Surprised
Expect a review in the upcoming months. Wink

The disc?? One disc? Normally the game comes on discs. Two discs.
Just like Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil 4, killer7, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and Wind Waker + Ocarina of Time Master Quest.

WiiAboutU wrote:Nice! Did you decide to purchase a copy because of this thread Stinkerbri? Anyways, I can't wait for the upcoming review.

I believe it will be at least worth the original release price which is around 50 bucks. 50 european PAL bucks for the PAL version, mind you.
I donĀ“t know about its rareness level in USA.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

April 20th 2012, 4:51 pm
I think Stinkerbri made a few typo's lol. Razz
The discs don't have a single scratch on them is what he probably meant to say. Razz

The Videogame Connoisseur D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
gamerace
gamerace

April 21st 2012, 7:54 am
Eureka wrote:I think Stinkerbri made a few typo's lol. Razz
The discs don't have a single scratch on them is what he probably meant to say. Razz

I hope so. I picked up a used copy myself until I realized there were suppose to be two disks and I was given only one. Upon checking the store didn't have the second so they took it back.
gamerace
gamerace

April 21st 2012, 8:11 am
WiiAboutU wrote:gamerace, can you please give me a few examples of rarer titles I should keep an eye out for?

I'm not an authorative expect when it comes to GC. My son had one but I only ever played Burnout and Melee on it (and a little Airride game which it's not manly to speak of)

What I do know is GC was starved of JRPGs but the ones everyone knows and all JRPG fans with GC got were FF:CC and BK.

The resell value on those are solid and they definitely shouldn't drop.

Rarer are probably Fire Emblem and BK: Origins - the prequel to BK:EWatLO. Fire Emblem was unknown then but has developed a strong niche audience and by the time BK:O dropped the GC was listless much like the Wii now. So sales were likely very soft but any collector would want the sequel to the famous BK.

Other JRPGs of mention for GC: Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcardia: Legends, and Phantasy Star 1&2 and Phantasy Star 3. There's more but I doubt the rest have any resell value.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)