View previous topicGo downView next topic

Re: How long have you been a gamer?

on September 21st 2013, 1:38 pm
If you got a C64 you must have played some of the exclusive platformer games like Giana Sisters, or Meyhem In Monsterland? Cool
Those were good games!

Admin
View user profile

on September 25th 2013, 10:01 pm
@DBZmania wrote:If you got a C64 you must have played some of the exclusive platformer games like Giana Sisters, or Meyhem In Monsterland? Cool
Those were good games!
Hi. Yes, I merely wrote about my earliest favourite games and didn't want to go into detail or any further than 1985. I thought it was probably too long of a gaming history to tell.
But of course I had those games as well.
It's interesting you picked those two.

The Great Giana Sisters (1987)
Played it for a very long time, probably a year or more. Was totally addicted to it. It was basically my first Mario-like platformer. Well, at the time only two Mario-like platformers existed: Super Mario Bros. and Giana Sisters. I never owned a NES (I was too young, parents didn't want me to play videogames and bought computers instead) so there was just the Giana Sisters option. It was a fair compromise.

Mayhem in Monsterland (1993)
Shamelessly underplayed because that was just the year I got the SNES and my ten year old trusty C64 went to sale the same year. Even though Mayhem in Monsterland was pretty good and a technical milestone, Super Mario World was revolutionary! It killed Mayhem and every single C64 platformer easily. There was no turning back. From there on I knew gaming was all about Nintendo!

on September 26th 2013, 8:41 am
@SKTTR Did you ever get to play Super Mario All-Stars on your SNES?
Are there any differences between that version of the game and the one that was released on the Wii?

Dark Link: No I hate you too $#!%&$!

on September 26th 2013, 11:56 am
Since Pong.

Played a stand-up arcade version (it was a bulky gray metal box with a screen and ball) of Pong at a fair waaaay back in the day before anyone ever heard of a video game. Early seventies.

Admin
View user profile

on September 26th 2013, 8:20 pm
@DigiDestined wrote:@SKTTR Did you ever get to play Super Mario All-Stars on your SNES?
Are there any differences between that version of the game and the one that was released on the Wii?
1. Just to get the obvious changes out of the way first: It was released in a limited big red cardboard box. Inside the box there's the game on disc in a regular plastic Wii case with a new manual, a Mario CD soundtrack, and a thin booklet with the History of Mario.

2. Like every other Wii game, All-Stars has a boot-up title screen with a short jingle. This is the only audiovisual addition that was not present in the SNES original. After you click on 'Start' everything will be just like in 1993 when the game was first released.

3. The game will not stretch to widescreen like VC releases do. On a widescreen-tv it will stay 4:3 with black borders left and right.

4. Unlike VC SNES games where you need a Classic Controller, you can play All-Stars with Wiimote sideways as well.

yeah, that's it I guess.

on September 28th 2013, 1:05 pm
Since I got my Atari 2600 as a kid. My favorite game as a child was Pac Man I always enjoyed trying the new Pac Man remixes in the late 80's and early 90's in the arcades. It's a shame that real arcade parlors are no longer with us. There are just a few small arcade rooms at a few pizza joints, movie theaters, and amusement parks now. Sad

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum