Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fishtastic?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review: Fishing Resort (Wii Retail) - Page 2 5643big

Two words are usually enough to describe most fishing games, casual, and bad.

Luckily this isn't the case with Fishing Resort!

Gameplay/Story:

You start off by creating your own avatar afterwards you are shown a nice little cutscene showing you arriving at the first resort followed by a quick tutorial on bait fishing. You'll start off catching only small fish, but after a few tackle upgrades, and helping a few fellow fishermen you will soon be landing fish well over a meter long!

Review: Fishing Resort (Wii Retail) - Page 2 Fresort2

This game has very functional controls, and a huge selection of tackle available at the shops around the island. The game also features many massive fishing environments to explore by foot, boat, bicycle, and other forms of transportation!

The island also features many types of locations ranging from sandy ocean beaches, deep sea trolling, boat fishing at lakes, river fishing, and even ice fishing!

The rod/reel bundle version includes a easy to use attachment for your Wiimote, and Nunchuk, but I think the Wiimote, and Nunchuk alone are a little more responsive.

Review: Fishing Resort (Wii Retail) - Page 2 Pbucket

Fishing Resort also features an online tournament leaderboard where you can compete against other fishermen around the world, and try earn points to show how good you really are!

You can also have friends join you for some local multiplayer while shore fishing by having them grab a Wiimote and pressing A while you are in cast mode to drop in, and give you a hand!

You also will obtain an aquarium to keep all of your catches, and can upgrade the decorations using your hard earned fishing points to make your aquarium look awesome!

Graphics/Sound

The graphics in Fishing Resort are stunning, and truly showcase the power of the Wii console! The water glistens in the sun, the fish look like the real thing, and even the environment looks better than most fishing games from the other current generation consoles!

The only thing I can complain about is the fact that the only weather in this game is varying levels of cloudcover, and sunny, but this is only a very minor complaint.

The music in this game is only played in the hotel areas, and while fighting fish, but each area has a different fish battle music, and most set the tone for the action you experience while reeling in the larger fish in the area! The sound effects such as waves, fish jumping, reeling in your line etc. all add to the experience.

Difficulty/Controls

The game is easy to pick up, but hard to master since some fish especially the legendary ones can be hard to find, and catching some of those huge or strong fish can be very challenging until you learn how each fish behaves. The controls are very solid, and the motion controls actually feel like they belong in this game instead of feeling like some sort of gimmick!

Bottom line

With amazing gameplay, intuitive controls, and a huge amount of content you will be hooked almost immediately to this gem of a game, and the beautiful graphics, excellent music, and gameplay that can prove challenging will keep you coming back for more!

Score 9.5/10 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

9- Awesome This game has little in the way of flaws, and is a highly enjoyable experience.

This review can also be read here

Last edited by Reanfan on October 16th 2017, 8:02 pm; edited 5 times in total

Review: Fishing Resort (Wii Retail) - Page 2 19654

Review: Fishing Resort (Wii Retail) - Page 2 87457210

Review: Fishing Resort (Wii Retail) - Page 2 Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
June 22nd 2012, 4:36 pmGuest
I can't find Fishing Resort anywhere. Is this game rare or something?
Punnyguy
June 22nd 2012, 5:31 pmPunnyguy
This sounds like a whale of a fishing game. Smile
KingreX32
June 23rd 2012, 5:45 pmKingreX32
Punnyguy wrote:This sounds like a whale of a fishing game. Smile

Well played sir
Inoue79
July 1st 2012, 12:57 amInoue79
Fishing Resort is my favorite game of all-time! Your review is the best one I have seen for Fishing Resort. Wink
KeAfan7
July 14th 2012, 3:19 amKeAfan7
This review should be reformatted and the broken image in the review should be replaced. Wink

Thank you all for supporting this great game. Wink
KeAfan7
July 14th 2012, 12:07 pmKeAfan7
Bump.
Anonymous
July 14th 2012, 12:27 pmGuest
Fishing Resort is such a beautiful and relaxing game. I love you
Ms_Kinomoto
August 2nd 2012, 11:48 pmMs_Kinomoto
Um....I still play Fishing Resort every week it is just so fun Smile
Talesfanatic
August 3rd 2012, 12:24 pmTalesfanatic
This is the most positive Fishing Resort review on the internet and the one I agree with the most!
Tasuki
August 22nd 2012, 8:43 amTasuki
Wow nice review. I somehow missed this game when it came out but I have been seeing everyone talking about this game on the forums so I had to check out the review to see if its worth getting. Looks like I will be picking it up a new game.

Just one question my son really likes to play the fishing hut in OoT and I too find myself spending some time on that when I play OoT. Would this game appeal to someone who loves the fishing pond in OoT?

KeAfan7
August 22nd 2012, 9:02 amKeAfan7
Yes, actually it's much much better and is probably the only fishing sim on a home console that is actually fun since Bass Landing for the original Playstation and even that game doesn't hold a candle to this one. Wink
Anonymous
August 22nd 2012, 10:10 amGuest
@Tasuki you'll love Fishing Resort! I love you
Tasuki
August 22nd 2012, 10:39 amTasuki
OK thats good to know. I have tried other fishing games from all kinds of consoles NES, SNES, PS, PS2 even PC but I just can't find one thats as good as the fishing pond in OoT lol especially for my son. Going to check and see how much it is on Amazon.
Staroceancrazy
August 22nd 2012, 11:42 amStaroceancrazy
I suggest buying Fishing Resort from Amazon anyways unless you're willing to drive to a hundred stores before you finaly find a copy of this game in-stock Neutral
Everyone is correct this game is awesome!
There is a reason why the Fishing Resort Lodge Club thread has darn near 600 posts Very Happy
ToughGamer
May 2nd 2013, 12:51 pmToughGamer
This is one of the best casual games on Wii worth every penny.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 4th 2013, 2:58 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Good review, I will pick myself up a copy when it's released in pal regions this December lol. Smile
RWBY_Red
December 4th 2013, 1:09 pmRWBY_Red
I love Fishing Resort it is the best fishing game in the history of fishing games. Smile
FM_Alchemist
December 30th 2014, 11:36 amFM_Alchemist
This game might be the only good fishing game ever released. I completely agree with this review!
KIBAxHINATA
July 14th 2015, 11:44 amKIBAxHINATA
Finally a reviewer that "gets" the game. Great review @Rukiafan!
KeAfan7
June 3rd 2016, 6:18 pmKeAfan7
Thanks for all of the comments you guys and gals! Wow Fishing Resort is now over $80 on Amazon with used copies around $50-$60! Prinny
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)