Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
A Galactic Adventure of A Lifetime!

Review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Retail) Laucher2011-04-2817-58-21-53

Bowser has once again stolen the grand stars and power stars,and it's up to mario,luigi,and yoshi "who makes his first appearance as a playable character in the galaxy series" to stop bowsers plans and save the entire galaxy!

Gameplay

This is the second part in the SMG story as such the gameplay is nearly identical so I'll mainly talk about the new features!

This game is blisteringly hard compared to the original Super Mario Galaxy as the game functions as a continuation of the first game,so even the beginning levels are harder than the final levels of the first game!

Review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Retail) 640px-SMG2_Starshiupmario

The levels in this game are even more varied then they were in the original game and there are now 244 levels compared to the 121 levels in galaxy one!

Yoshi plays a huge role in this game as there are many levels that are impossible to complete without him.
There are new power-ups exclusively for yoshi such as the Chili berry which causes yoshi to dash at high speeds even up vertical walls,but he can't stop,or the Gassy berries that make yoshi bloat like a balloon and float up into the air to reach high places!

Review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Retail) Scrshot16

Mario also has access to new power-ups such as the Cloud suit which causes cloud platforms to form that can be used to cross massive pits when Mario spins while in the air,and the Rock suit which lets Mario roll into a ball and move forward at high speed while destroying obstacles in his way "Any Zelda fan will point out that Rock Mario strangely looks like a goron from the Zelda series"

Though I won't spoil the surprise of which one there is a certain throwback world from Super Mario 64 that can be unlocked!

Review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Retail) Super-mario-galaxy-2-cloud-suit

Graphics and Music

The Character models are more detailed and the worlds have more objects and enemies littering them such as lush vegitation covering entire planets,giant caterpillars that are too big to fit the screen,and even a giant solar system sized boss!

The music this time around is still fully orchestrated,but this time around there are a handful of levels that feature classic mario tunes that have been turned into orchestrated masterpieces!

Review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Retail) 54636_Super_Mario_Galaxy2_PR_Screen_03-noscale

Bottom line-If a massive 3D Mario game that will take over 100 hours to complete,and has breathtaking visuals,an even better soundtrack than the original galaxy game sounds good to you get it!
This is one of the few absolutely must have games on the console!

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 10/10

10- Perfect This game is nearly perfect, and has little if any flaws, and is a blast to play!

Last edited by Ichigofan on April 28th 2016, 1:34 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Review added)

Review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Retail) 19654

Review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Retail) 87457210

Review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

PhoenixSage
May 14th 2011, 2:27 pmPhoenixSage
I'm not a fan of the galaxy series but I can see the appeal of the games,so I think your review is pretty good Very Happy.
Link_i_am
May 25th 2011, 1:57 pmLink_i_am
Mario's second galactic adventure is epic and highly addictive!

This is one of your best reviews rukiafan!
Supertimbros
June 22nd 2011, 3:09 amSupertimbros
This is one heck of a review Shocked nice work admin!
silksofsweden
July 18th 2011, 1:15 pmsilksofsweden
this is a very good review and i agree with you completely. its a game worth buying
KeAfan7
July 18th 2011, 1:18 pmKeAfan7
Thanks everyone ^^

Last edited by Rukiafan on July 18th 2011, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
silksofsweden
July 18th 2011, 1:18 pmsilksofsweden
no prob. keep it up. btw have anyone done a review over mario party 8?
KeAfan7
July 18th 2011, 1:20 pmKeAfan7
Nope if you want you could review it Wink
silksofsweden
July 18th 2011, 1:21 pmsilksofsweden
that was what i was hoping of doing. although that review will be quiet a hot topic after my review
KeAfan7
July 18th 2011, 1:30 pmKeAfan7
Sounds great Very Happy
silksofsweden
July 18th 2011, 1:53 pmsilksofsweden
ok im done with it. check it out if you want
ARF_Paula
July 18th 2011, 2:21 pmARF_Paula
Great review admin!
KeAfan7
July 18th 2011, 5:33 pmKeAfan7
Thank you kirbyfan ^^
Objection Blaster
July 18th 2011, 7:11 pmObjection Blaster
Galaxy 2 is by far better than the first one between the addition of yoshi and the fact that this game has over twice as many levels as the first,this game is truly spectacular,nice review Smile
UmbrellaGirlLuna
July 18th 2011, 8:45 pmUmbrellaGirlLuna
Objection Blaster wrote:Galaxy 2 is by far better than the first one between the addition of yoshi and the fact that this game has over twice as many levels as the first,this game is truly spectacular,nice review Smile
Dis is indeed the betta of the two games =D
FuManchu
July 18th 2011, 9:42 pmFuManchu
This is the best mario game in my opinion anyways it's a genuine masterpiece just like your review :3
Kenshin A-Go-Go
July 19th 2011, 12:33 amKenshin A-Go-Go
Awesome review Exclamation
Amufungal
November 15th 2011, 3:48 pmAmufungal
Another really good review Smile
Akatsuki
November 15th 2011, 3:53 pmAkatsuki
I liked the first game more for some reason, but don't get me wrong this is still a great game Wink
Gold_Miner
November 15th 2011, 5:01 pmGold_Miner
This game is nearly twice as long as its predecessor. Very Happy
DigiDestined
December 22nd 2011, 4:45 pmDigiDestined
I love both games equally Smile
Himawari Chan
March 28th 2012, 12:54 pmHimawari Chan
Good review Rukiafan. Smile
KeAfan7
March 28th 2012, 1:03 pmKeAfan7
This old review needs some pics. Wink
Staroceancrazy
March 28th 2012, 2:37 pmStaroceancrazy
This review rocks! Surprised
SkywardL
March 28th 2012, 3:00 pmSkywardL
This game looks amazing in 480p when using a component cable
sdw4527
March 28th 2012, 3:22 pmsdw4527
Great review! I thought nothing could surpass the first game, but was I wrong. Most things in this game are much better than the first one, besides the music which I thought was a slight downgrade, but still amazing. This game will always be a classic...for me at least.
Amufungal
March 28th 2012, 4:43 pmAmufungal
I like the updates you made to this review Smile
Otaku
March 28th 2012, 5:32 pmOtaku
I couldn't agree more about the perfect score you gave SMG2! Review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Retail) 631737971
Zatchbell
March 28th 2012, 5:38 pmZatchbell
Sweet review!
Gekkouga-Senpai
March 28th 2012, 5:51 pmGekkouga-Senpai
I love Super Mario Galaxy 2 great review. =D
NINTENBRO
April 2nd 2012, 11:31 pmNINTENBRO
I find it a bit awkward, if not upsetting, there is/was no review for Super Mario Galaxy. Although, this review is pretty good. I would still like to see the addition of a Super Mario Galaxy review on this site. Razz

Does Super Mario Galaxy 2 also allow you to send your in-game achievements to your Wii console friends?
Marth
I prefer this one to the original, not only due to the inclusion of Yoshi, but the stages seem better thought out from a design standpoint. I only wish Starship Mario wasn't just a floating tutorial zone.

I managed to get all the regular stars, but I couldn't be bothered to track down the green ones. Too much of a hassle to determine where they're hiding in any given stage.

Anyway, solid review.
Sakura chan
April 13th 2012, 1:04 pmSakura chan
I like this review Rukia san. Smile
Marioman18
May 2nd 2013, 12:43 pmMarioman18
I thought the new power ups were amazing especially Rock Mario victory
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)