Admin
View user profile

Gnomz Review

Message reputation : 94% (18 votes)
Is Gnomz a garden treasure or an unwanted buried dog bone?

Gameplay
The gameplay is quirky and fairly fun and the 25+ stages have their own hazards and elements to them,this game feels sort of like Metroid physics meets Mario Bros. Arcade with some Super Smash bros. thrown in, it's difficult to describe but is a good formula. I found a problem with the controls though it may be just me but they felt really awkward as the button mashing in this game can cause you to accidentally jump to your doom in certain stages, but at least it wasn't unresponsive.

The game also features many power-ups that make things hectic and evens out the playing field between expert players and novice players. My personal favorite was the rainbow sock which takes out any gnomz surrounding the person why picks the rainbow sock up!
The computer A.I. is actually very nicely programmed and provides a good challenge.

Another issue I had with this game was the lack of missions in the one player modes which makes this game exceptionally dull and takes away any sense of accomplishment when playing alone.
There are a few unlockable levels, but they are so simple to unlock that they may as well be unlocked from the start.
I suggest playing with some friends as this game is easily an 8/10 with 4 players.

For those of you who have played Mario Wars will feel right at home playing this game since the gameplay is very similar in Gnomz!

Graphics and Music

The graphics in the game are cute yet detailed and really look polished for a WiiWare title. Character models are detailed and colorful and the levels are beautifully designed and have a clever layout in most cases!
The soundtrack is okay but fails to really fit the hectic gameplay.

Bottom Line-This game is a great multiplayer experience despite its flaws with great gameplay beautiful graphics,and creative levels, but the single player experience feels a bit flat and the music isn't that good. So if you want a single player experience you might want to pass on this game, but if you want a fun multiplayer free for all I would say this is a good buy!

Price- 1000 points

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆ 6.8/10

6- Decent This game has flaws or major flaws such as, poor controls, bad gameplay elements, poorly implemented gimmicks, minor sound or graphics issues etc. But can be fun, but not necessarily as fun as you'd hope.

Last edited by Rukiafan on November 9th 2011, 2:26 pm; edited 3 times in total

Share this post on:diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Comments

on November 15th 2011, 4:46 pmGold_Miner
This review has changed my mind about not wanting this game. Mad
on November 30th 2011, 4:58 pmFuManchu
I don't want this. It sounds like rubbish.
on December 1st 2011, 2:07 pmPrinnyDood
This could be interesting, but I certainly won't pay 1000 points for this Neutral
on December 9th 2011, 8:58 pmPhoenixSage
I really disagree with this review, this game is awful no matter how many people are playing
I DO NOT recommend this at all Sad
on December 9th 2011, 9:10 pmReanfan
What did you dislike about the game? Your opinion matters as well, but you have to explain why you don't like a game so people can understand your viewpoint. Wink
on July 24th 2012, 11:45 amLizofDoom
Good review.
For those who don't know about WiiWareWave's scoring policy read the faq.
A 6.8 here isn't a bad game, but for 1,000 Nintendo points I wouldn't buy this game.
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum