View previous topicGo downView next topic
Male Posts : 2314
View user profile

Re: All Things Zelda

on October 28th 2011, 2:51 am
I see what your saying SKTTR. I mentioned Phantom Hourglass because it's the sequel to Wind Waker. I'll most likely download Majora's Mask because of the turnout, and the fact that I've already completed Ocarina of Time 100%. I think it'll fit in there nicely inbetween Skyward Sword, as I'm becoming impatient for it's release.
Admin
Male Posts : 499
View user profilehttp://www.backloggery.com/skttr

on October 28th 2011, 3:13 am
WiiAboutU wrote:I see what your saying SKTTR. I mentioned Phantom Hourglass because it's the sequel to Wind Waker. I'll most likely download Majora's Mask because of the turnout, and the fact that I've already completed Ocarina of Time 100%. I think it'll fit in there nicely inbetween Skyward Sword, as I'm becoming impatient for it's release.

No, it's not a sequel in that sense. I know people can easily assume this because of the same cel-shaded graphic style and the similar setting: the flooded world.
But PH makes it clear that it's a different Link - and Spirit Tracks makes it clear that it's a different Zelda Princess than the Zelda you get to know in Wind Waker. In Zelda games it's often a matter of characters being reborn in a different world or a few hundred or thousands of years later.

The only direct sequels I know of are Zelda 1 to Zelda 2, and Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask.
View user profile

on October 28th 2011, 3:24 am
Alright, I guess I was wrong SKTTR. But don't forget that Skyward Sword is also the prequel to Ocarina of Time.
Admin

on October 28th 2011, 3:46 am
WiiAboutU wrote:Alright, I guess I was wrong SKTTR. But don't forget that Skyward Sword is also the prequel to Ocarina of Time.

I haven't spend time on reading through Skyward Sword plot spoilers, but it is most likely an indirect prequel to Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask just like The Wind Waker is an indirect sequel to Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask.
View user profile

on October 28th 2011, 5:49 am
Anyone have any gameplay tips before I dive into Majora's Mask for my first time?

Last edited by WiiAboutU on October 28th 2011, 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

on October 28th 2011, 6:05 am
Majora's Mask has the same controls and graphic style as Ocarina of Time, and since you've completed Ocarina of Time you'll be comfortable with it pretty fast.

I suggest - after the first part of the game (finding the Ocarina, traveling back into time, saving the game for the first time) you're set to leave the town and start exploring the open world - the first thing you should do is finding the scarecrow that teaches you the melody for slowing down time.

It's not essential and can easily be missed (you can always go back and find it), but it makes things much easier as it gives you 4x more time to achieve things, like beating a dungeon.

I suggest this because a few people are easily discouraged by the time limit, and this melody makes things easier on people who like to take their time and explore things at a slower pace.
View user profile

on October 28th 2011, 6:09 am
Thanks SKTTR, that information will definitely help, as I am the type that enjoys exploring. I plan on completing Majora's Mask 100% as well.
Female Posts : 682
View user profile

on October 28th 2011, 11:54 am
Are there any strategies to beat the boss in the Underwater Palace in The Legend of Zelda:The Twilight Princess?

Dark Link: No I hate you too $#!%&$!
View user profile

on October 28th 2011, 12:08 pm
I'm not too sure DigiDestined, I've always found Twilight Princess unattractive. SKTTR probably has some insight on such matter though.

on October 28th 2011, 1:56 pm
@DigiDestined wrote:Are there any strategies to beat the boss in the Underwater Palace in The Legend of Zelda:The Twilight Princess?

Use your hookshot. Lock-on to its tentacle in the beginning of the battle, then to it's eye in the heat. Use your sword to stab that monster. I think you have to use the iron boots strategically as well, to be stronger underwater.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum