Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Gold_Miner
Gold_Miner

Pyramid Impressions Empty Pyramid Impressions

October 21st 2011, 3:37 pm
So Europe finally has a second eShop original and it's Pyramids from EnjoyGaming. The game is something of a clone of Solomon's Key for the C64 and NES. Anyway here's my impressions so far:

The game is really simple but the controls take a minute or two to get used to, especially in regards to which square you're targeting. Graphically, the game has a simple cutout aesthetic with simplistic 3D models and a nice, but not needed, 3D effect. There's a bit of trial and error involved in the game if you want to get 3 stars for every level and you have to be very quick. I'm near the end of the second set of stages so the game seems like it will take a good couple of hours.I think the package is definitely worth the asking price but it's not extraordinary.

So did anyone else pick this one up? What do you think about the game?
Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

Pyramid Impressions Empty Re: Pyramid Impressions

October 22nd 2011, 6:18 am
I didn't pick it up. The trailer looks really boring and 3DS unworthy. Apart from the (boring) 3D effect, this could be done on DSiWare. And why not release it that way. They could have a bigger audience that way.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)