Admin
View user profile

Review: Fast Racing League (WiiWare)

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Fast Racing League: Review

In the future racing will evolve and phase shifting will become necessary to complete many insane tracks! So is this game going to win you over or does it crash and burn? Let's find out.

Gameplay

Fast Racing League Features 12 massive tracks set across 3 separate leagues as well as nearly 10 futuristic race cars. This game also features challenges that are set on unique courses and range from collecting items to a dangerous sprint race and will truly test your mettle! The AI in this game are challenging even on the easiest difficulties. The most unique feature and most difficult to master however is phase shifting which changes your vehicle's primary color from white to black and is used to utilise speed boosters or ramps and can even magnetise your race car causing it to ride on the underside of objects above you to pass safely across huge holes in the road! but these only work if your car is the same color as the phase shift zones e.g. a white zone will only work if your car is white!

Graphics and Music

The graphics in Fast Racing League are every bit as good as retail games like Mariokart Wii or Super Mario Galaxy and are unrivaled on the WiiWare service as you'll see detailed scenery that will blow your minds such as giant sand tornadoes or lightning on certain tracks and these are just a couple examples of the scale of this game's graphics. This game also features a remarkable soundtrack that is among the best you'll hear on a WiiWare title! Bottom Line-If you like challenging futuristic racing games that has good CPU AI,and is blisteringly hard you should definitely download Fast Racing League.

this review can also be viewed here

Price- 1000 Points

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 10/10

10- Perfect This game is nearly perfect, and has little if any flaws, and is a blast to play!

Last edited by Reanfan on October 15th 2018, 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Share this post on:diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Comments

It is a great game and deserves the perfect score mates :-)
It is one of the best racing games for WiiWare :-)
This game is so much fun and the scenery is so pretty Smile
This game sounds like F-Zero with a hint of an arcade racing action Surprised
Good review yet again Rukiafan Smile
This is the best WiiWare racer yet Very Happy
That statement is blasphemous. I'm sorry, but Moto Heroz is by far the best WiiWare racer on the entire service. I own both titles and FAST: Racing League is a very good racer, but it's not on the same level as Moto Heroz. And I'm sure others would agree with me, that's not just a bias opinion. (<:
But Moto Heroz is a platformer Laughing
Correction, Moto Heroz is a physics racer w/platforming qualities. (<:
WiiAboutU wrote:That statement is blasphemous. I'm sorry, but Moto Heroz is by far the best WiiWare racer on the entire service. I own both titles and FAST: Racing League is a very good racer, but it's not on the same level as Moto Heroz. And I'm sure others would agree with me, that's not just a bias opinion. (<:

Definately agree.

I even go as far as saying MotoHeroz is not only the best racing game on WiiWare but the best racing game on Wii altogether.

In direct comparison MotoHeroz has 75 single player tracks and 30 multiplayer tracks and future DLC while FAST has only 12 tracks (maybe 16).

MotoHeroz also has online, FAST has none.

The music in MotoHeroz is much better than what I've heard in FAST as well.

And the graphics are about equal. Both have very crisp textures, smooth polygons, great design, fluid framerates, and they're visually some of the best you can find on WiiWare. But MotoHeroz is having an edge over FAST because it has much more variety, ultrarealistic physics and is much more charming.

And on a personal side, F-Zero GX (Gamecube, 2003) did everything FAST did much better 8 years ago, but yeah, it's not fair to compare a 1000MB Triple-A-Class Gamecube racer to a 40MB WiiWare title.

MotoHeroz is a clear 10/10.
FAST is still a very good 8/10.
@SKTTR wrote:
WiiAboutU wrote:That statement is blasphemous. I'm sorry, but Moto Heroz is by far the best WiiWare racer on the entire service. I own both titles and FAST: Racing League is a very good racer, but it's not on the same level as Moto Heroz. And I'm sure others would agree with me, that's not just a bias opinion. (<:

Definately agree.

I even go as far as saying MotoHeroz is not only the best racing game on WiiWare but the best racing game on Wii altogether.

In direct comparison MotoHeroz has 75 single player tracks and 30 multiplayer tracks and future DLC while FAST has only 12 tracks (maybe 16).

MotoHeroz also has online, FAST has none.

The music in MotoHeroz is much better than what I've heard in FAST as well.

And the graphics are about equal. Both have very crisp textures, smooth polygons, great design, fluid framerates, and they're visually some of the best you can find on WiiWare. But MotoHeroz is having an edge over FAST because it has much more variety, ultrarealistic physics and is much more charming.

And on a personal side, F-Zero GX (Gamecube, 2003) did everything FAST did much better 8 years ago, but yeah, it's not fair to compare a 1000MB Triple-A-Class Gamecube racer to a 40MB WiiWare title.

MotoHeroz is a clear 10/10.
FAST is still a very good 9/10.
Fixed Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum