View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

Re: Puzzler Lovers Thread

on October 9th 2011, 10:39 am
WiiAboutU wrote:Is Toki Tori available in the Pal region yet?

Yes, it was one of the WiiWare launch games.

WiiAboutU wrote:Is "Light" region locked SKTTR? I'm asking, because I'll be searching for any intelligent people who can send me some challenging puzzles. I'm going to be downloading Light, Toki Tori and Burn the Rope. I might help the cause and purchase MDK2 sometime in the future, but I have no intentions of ever purchasing Snowpack Park. It's really not a game I could get into at all. Go Vacation on the other hand, is a different story.

Liight is only available in NA so there's no reason for it being region free. If it gets an EU release we'll try it out.

As for Snowpack Park, that's a damn shame as it's my most anticipated / number-1 top-priority WiiWare game. The developers SKIP are some of the best studios from Japan, having always produced amazingly refreshin quirky adventures/RPGs such as Chibi-Robo, Captain Rainbow, Giftpia, and some of the best puzzlers with the fantastic bit.Generations and Art Style series.

I hope Nintendo gets over the low NA sales and releases Snowpack Park here and I'd buy some Wii Points in a heartbeat.

on October 9th 2011, 10:53 am
I'm sorry that I don't feel the same as you do about Snowpack Park SKTTR. I highly doubt that one sale (mine) would do much to sway Nintendo in favor of localizing it in your region though. I hope Nintendo will get off of their high horse too my friend. Their bottom line is strictly profit and the concern is never directed towards pleasing their loyal customers. )<:

View user profile

on October 9th 2011, 11:22 am
Well, I think people have to give Snowpack Park a chance, as it doesn't look like much at first glance but is filled with quality gameplay, and that's always been the case with SKIP games. It's as if they like to be in a niche place, with just a few hardcore fans realising the worthy gems they produce.

Don't skip SKIP games! Razz

On a side note, today I've completed Chapter 1 of escapeVEKTOR, and I can give some better insight now.

When I talked about the game earlier in this thread, I thought the levels get more difficult and bigger, because that was the case when progressing from world 1 to world 3 but the difficulty level and the size of the stages remained the same throughout the worlds 4, 5 and 6 so the game isn't as hard as I initially thought. It was pretty well-balanced in the end, while giving enough challenge for those who want to get better scores and times, replaying all stages to get all the Platinum Medals, all those No-Detonation-Stars, and the 40 Badges.

I hope the next chapters are the same difficulty-wise because I know how easy it is to screw up and make a game like this incredibly hard.

on October 9th 2011, 11:36 am
Well good for you SKTTR. I'm still having trouble on the 7th level in the first world. lol
I probably haven't practiced as much as I should have. I can elude the Hunter for a little longer then I was able to do before, but I still get caught before I can complete the circuits. Do you have any pro tips you would care to share with me?

View user profile

on October 9th 2011, 12:07 pm
WiiAboutU wrote:Well good for you SKTTR. I'm still having trouble on the 7th level in the first world. lol
I probably haven't practiced as much as I should have. I can elude the Hunter for a little longer then I was able to do before, but I still get caught before I can complete the circuits. Do you have any pro tips you would care to share with me?

The hunter is roaming the circuits randomly until you get too close to it. When you get in close range to a hunter a red alarm visualizes that it sees you, then it will start chasing after you. Win some distance so it stops following you around. Just keep away from it. Hold down B all the time to zoom out and watch out for where it goes.

Always use your boosts to get away.

You can use detonations as well, they will kill everything in range temporarily (enemies will respawn a few seconds later in their respawn-spots though). Keep in mind that when you use a detonation you won't get a STAR for this stage (STARs are needed for badges).

There are two ways to complete the game:

1. THE HARD WAY:
Relying only on your Zoom-Out and Boost abilities and don't use the Detonation ability at all to complete all stages with a STAR.

2. THE EASY WAY:
Go for Platinum medals / highscores, and use the Detonation ability strategically or in dead-end situations because killed enemies are extra points and you'll save time (no need to avoid them going back and walking a different path) which means even more points.
View user profile

on October 9th 2011, 12:12 pm
Is Tumblebugs 2 a Zuma rip-off?

on October 9th 2011, 12:17 pm
Thank you SKTTR, I'll keep that information in mind the next time I play. So, how do you feel about Toki Tori? It seems to me like a really enjoyable puzzler, which is fairly challenging.

View user profile

on October 9th 2011, 12:19 pm
Is Tumblebugs 2 worth 800 points?

on October 9th 2011, 12:26 pm
Sorry Akatsuke, I have no idea. Maybe SKTTR can answer that question for you though? I've never really looked into that puzzler.

View user profile

on October 9th 2011, 12:31 pm
WiiAboutU wrote:Thank you SKTTR, I'll keep that information in mind the next time I play. So, how do you feel about Toki Tori? It seems to me like a really enjoyable puzzler, which is fairly challenging.

I haven't played it. From what I've seen it's a fairly good one, but something - can't put my finger on it - kept me from giving it a chance.

Akatsuke wrote:Is Tumblebugs 2 worth 800 points?

Yes it is a Zuma clone, but I'm happy enough with Nintendo's version, Actionloop Twist (Magnetica Twist) which is similar. Tumblebugs 2 isn't available in Europe anyway.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum