View previous topicGo downView next topic
Male Posts : 2314
View user profile

Re: Puzzler Lovers Thread

on October 7th 2011, 4:29 am
Maybe I didn't give Light enough of a chance. But in my opinion, the low level of difficulty was worsened by it's simplistic gameplay. If a game is to have simple gameplay, I think it needs to have a higher level of difficulty such as escape VeKtor. I think you would agree with me on this SKTTR?
Admin
Male Posts : 499
View user profilehttp://www.backloggery.com/skttr

on October 7th 2011, 7:21 am
WiiAboutU wrote:Maybe I didn't give Light enough of a chance. But in my opinion, the low level of difficulty was worsened by it's simplistic gameplay. If a game is to have simple gameplay, I think it needs to have a higher level of difficulty such as escape VeKtor. I think you would agree with me on this SKTTR?

What you think of Liight applies to Art of Balance, the highly polished, innovative puzzle game, that was unfortunately too easy and short for my tastes. It could have used 8 worlds instead of only 4. I've 100%ed it in a couple of hours in one day and so it left me with a unsatisfied feeling. I still rate it 8/10 because it was addicting and very fun and at least multiplayer lengthens the experience, but I would have loved to give it a 9 or 10 if it had more content. In the end I feel it's too much to spend 800pts on a game that only lasts 4 hours for completion. If it had the content that you'd normally expect it woulda be an easy 9, and if it had exceeded all our expectations it would be a 10.

As for escapeVEKTOR many of the later stages are teethgnashingly difficult and way too big and I don't like that either, especially if you have to replay those beasts for platinum medals. And then you have to learn all the enemy movement and hazard patterns which I personally have a hard time with.
I have to give escapeVEKTOR more time to rate it.

I have no problem rating easy games high if the content is good, but I have problems with games that are extrahard, no matter how much content.

In the end my ratings stand for fun/excitement, addicitiveness, and originality.

And since I'm a sucker for good music I might even add an extra point for extremely good soundtracks. You know, for example take a WiiWare game with an awesome soundtrack, and that game costs just as much or even less than a cool new music cd album, then I award it an extra point. Everyone knows that feeling: you can't get a videogame song out of your head and then boot up the game just to listen to the music. So I think it's a fair point, because some games definately add pleasure to our ears, and sometimes their music is worth the asking price alone.

I'm also terribly harsh about presentation and polishment.
I wouldn't add points for perfect presentation and polishment, because that's a given, a standard - but I will reduce a point for games that are terrible in those aspects.
Male Posts : 611
View user profile

on October 7th 2011, 12:39 pm
Toki Tori is a great platforming puzzler that keeps me coming back for some more |D

I'm enjoying my new job in Tokyo! Megatron Happy

A photo I took of Nintendo HQ when I visited Kyoto! Megatron Excited/Sho
View user profile

on October 7th 2011, 7:56 pm
SKTTR, If "Light" is an North American exclusive, does that mean you'll never receive it there in the PAL region?

View user profile

on October 8th 2011, 12:57 pm
Lately I've changed my mind about Burn the Rope, I think I'd rather purchase Toki Tori instead. It has many more puzzling elements present and the gameplay just looks so damn enjoyable. Does anybody agree with my decision or do you think I'm mistaken?
View user profile

on October 8th 2011, 6:04 pm
Is Toki Tori available in the Pal region yet?

View user profile

on October 8th 2011, 10:49 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you live in the U.S.?

Mario's triple jump in Super mario 64
View user profile

on October 9th 2011, 12:28 am
Yes I do Timbro. I was asking, because I wanted to know if SKTTR had access to Toki Tori. He's a puzzler connoisseur, such as I. And I was going to ask him of his opinion on such matter. Thanks, for congratulating me on my promotion up to Team postalot. (<:

Side note: "alot" is actually spelled "a lot." lol
Admin
Male Posts : 499
View user profilehttp://www.backloggery.com/skttr

on October 9th 2011, 5:14 am
WiiAboutU wrote:SKTTR, If "Light" is an North American exclusive, does that mean you'll never receive it there in the PAL region?

"NA exclusive" is a game that is available in NA but hasn't been released in EU (yet).

There's still a chance that a few EU publishers are interested in buying the rights for a few NA games and will release them in EU.

But most developers/publishers release their games in NA first because of the bigger market / better sale predictions, and won't bring em over to EU if the sales in NA are low.

People from NA!
Buy Snowpack Park and MDK2!! We want them in EU too. Razz
View user profile

on October 9th 2011, 7:03 am
Is "Light" region locked SKTTR? I'm asking, because I'll be searching for any intelligent people who can send me some challenging puzzles. I'm going to be downloading Light, Toki Tori and Burn the Rope. I might help the cause and purchase MDK2 sometime in the future, but I have no intentions of ever purchasing Snowpack Park. It's really not a game I could get into at all. Go Vacation on the other hand, is a different story.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum