View previous topicGo downView next topic

Re: Puzzler Lovers Thread

on October 6th 2011, 11:22 am
@SKTTR I think it's because the retail Bust A Move Bash is complete rubbish lacking the sheer content and beautiful scenery of the WiiWare version, but that's my take on it his may be different?

on October 6th 2011, 1:38 pm
Is Liight a puzzle game?

on October 6th 2011, 1:45 pm
Yes it is Brian, do you think you could create some really challenging puzzles? As I would most likely tear through the main game.

Last edited by WiiAboutU on October 7th 2011, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

on October 6th 2011, 2:21 pm
Does Arkanoid Plus track your high scores?

on October 6th 2011, 2:57 pm
Yes it does DBZmania and it also has DLC available for download.
The DLC adds an additional 61 levels of blockbusting fun and two additional bosses as well. There is also a Time Attack mode and a Versus mode, which allows you to compete against the CPU or a second player via local multiplayer. Additional to the high score board, gameplay results for all modes are recorded in the Results section. In my opinion, Arkanoid Plus has got to be the best blockbusting title available on the WiiWare service.

on October 6th 2011, 3:15 pm
The information you requested is located above this post DBZmania. (<:

on October 7th 2011, 12:17 am
Did you guys know with having only one save file and all of the DLC, that Bobby Carrot Forever requires 422 blocks of Wii memory?
Admin
View user profile

on October 7th 2011, 1:14 am
If you think that is much, check out Mix Superstar with all its DLC. Way beyond 2000 blocks, I think.

on October 7th 2011, 2:09 am
Wow, that's nuts SKTTR. It's hard to believe there's a WiiWare title that requires you to purchase an SD card, just to acquire the complete file.
Admin
View user profile

on October 7th 2011, 2:29 am
WiiAboutU wrote:Wow, that's nuts SKTTR. It's hard to believe there's a WiiWare title that requires you to purchase an SD card, just to acquire the complete file.

Yeah, ironically you can't boot DLC from SD Card, so you have to copy the DLC you want to use over to the Wii everytime - and delete it afterwards so that you have memory for other stuff.

For this kind of game we definately need a Wii with bigger memory.

The full game only works properly if your Wii is empty (no other downloads and save files that take away space. That's what kept me from purchasing it because my Wii is filled with gamesaves and I already had to copy over some perfect save stats to SD Card and delete them from the Wii.
Other than that Mix Superstar is one of the most expensive WiiWare games next to Darklord if you count in all the Pay&Play DLC.

Anyway, back to puzzlers:

I've checked the NA exclusive list I posted earlier, and Liight is one I would download as well as Frobot and ShadowPlay.

Big Kahuna Party looks like a good Bejeweled-type of game, MadStone looks just cool but I'm not sure about it's qualities, Groovin' Blocks got good reviews but I need to try it first, and Tiki Towers looks similiar to World of Goo: could be fun for fans that have completed World of Goo and want more.

Other puzzlers that appeal to me:
- Diatomic (but maybe that's more of an arcade)
- bittos+ (like the style)
- Mouse House (looks similiar to Bobby Carrot Forever)
- Gene Labs (interesting theme)
- Inkub (puzzler or tower defense strategy?)
- Jelly Car 2 (can't have enough physics based puzzle racers)
- Overflow (somewhat appealing)
- Burn the Rope (looks good)

I don't believe many of them will be released in Europe though.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum