Re: Puzzler Lovers Thread

on October 5th 2011, 7:47 pm
I recently purchased Bejeweled 2 and have to say it is the best version yet |D
It even has Mii support and a global leaderboard |D

I'm enjoying my new job in Tokyo! Megatron Happy

A photo I took of Nintendo HQ when I visited Kyoto! Megatron Excited/Sho

on October 6th 2011, 1:07 am
I'll have to check that out then Megatron2000. Although, I've never actually experienced any Bejeweled titles before. Would you say it's better than Burn the Rope? Weren't you the one who commented on it before?

on October 6th 2011, 1:33 am
Bejeweled 2 got a 9/10 at Nintendo Life if I am not mistaken mate :-)

on October 6th 2011, 1:44 am
Aussiegamer, how much of a task is it to find employment in Australia? I can't afford any of these at the moment, because I'm unemployed.

on October 6th 2011, 1:47 am
Here are mine mates :-)

Wii
Boom Blox-10/10
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of The Warlords-10/10
Bust A Move Bash-3/10

WiiWare
Bust A Move Plus-10/10
Tetris Party-10/10
Bejeweled 2-10/10
Aya and The Cubes of Light-9/10
Bobby Carrot Forever-8/10
Burn The Rope-8/10
Mr. Driller W-8/10
Magnetica Twist-7/10
Soccer Bashi-2/10

Virtual Console
Pokémon Puzzle League-10/10
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine-9/10
Pac Attack-8/10

on October 6th 2011, 1:49 am
It isn't too bad here mate :-)
I believe unemployment is under five percent here Smile

on October 6th 2011, 1:53 am
Wow, I might contemplate on traveling in your direction then. I love the wilderness a lot, Australia seems like a very unique place to reside and your women are hot. I wonder how much a plane ticket would run me? lol
Admin
View user profile

on October 6th 2011, 6:35 am
WiiAboutU wrote:Well SKTTR, there are many puzzle qualities found in Elebits. You must not have searched well enough to find them though.

I understand why you'd think that, but finding ways to open up new paths and hiding-shelters is light puzzling in my opinion, considering that the biggest part of the game is exploring and first person shooting.

Metroid Prime is similiar in some ways and I don't see Metroid Prime as a puzzle game either despite the fact that it has more puzzles than Elebits. Zelda is another good example, it has plenty of great puzzles spread throughout the game but these don't make Zelda a puzzle game. It's still an action-adventure.

My definition of a puzzle game is easy to understand: A puzzle game needs to have a main focus on puzzles... not exploring, first person shooting, or adventuring.

You're correct about Aya and The Cubes of Light and Hydroventure falling under the platformer puzzler genre, but it's title in NA is Fluidity not Hydroventure and I think I prefer Fluidity.

I prefer Hydroventure, dunno why. Got used to it. Smile

And SKTTR, if you consider Tetris Party, Mr. Driller W and ThruSpace as puzzler titles, then why would you not consider Arkanoid as a puzzler? I deleted Arkanoid from the list anyways.

The mentioned games all have a heavy focus on their puzzle elements, while in Arkanoid it's all about speed and hitting the ball with the right angle, typical for the block breaker genre which is merely arcade action. There's not much strategy to it and not much to think about. If you consider this a puzzle game because of the little bit of thinking involved, then everything is a puzzle game, because even the simplest platformers and action games require more puzzling and thinking than what you'd find in Arkanoid Plus! Think about it. Razz

I still love Arkanoid, it's a great game and the best in the block breaker genre on WiiWare.

Although, I will add Tetris Party to my list of puzzlers, when I can think of the rating I'd award it. I have been contemplating on purchasing the Art Style titles, but I really think I'd want to purchase Burn the Rope before anything else.

Burn the Rope would be high on my list of puzzle priorities if it was available here.

@Megatron2000 wrote:I recently purchased Bejeweled 2 and have to say it is the best version yet |D
It even has Mii support and a global leaderboard |D

Always good to see people with different opinions and while I welcome the fact that is has online leaderboards and Mii support, I thought the lack of a save option in the endless mode, the lack of local and online multiplayer altogether, and some annoying parts of its soundtrack, plus that it came so late (the much better Bejeweled 3 was out on PC's already by the time B2 was released on WW) were really lowering the experience. Also, you get puzzle games on WiiWare with more content for 1000pts. At the core it's still a good and addicting puzzle game, that's why I scored it a 6/10. A 6 ain't bad, it's better than mediocre, it's decent, but leaves plenty of room for improvement. Just explaining my personal score in a few sentences.

@Aussiegamer wrote:Here are mine mates :-)

Wii
Boom Blox-10/10
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of The Warlords-10/10
Bust A Move Bash-3/10

WiiWare
Bust A Move Plus-10/10
Tetris Party-10/10
Bejeweled 2-10/10
Aya and The Cubes of Light-9/10
Bobby Carrot Forever-8/10
Burn The Rope-8/10
Mr. Driller W-8/10
Magnetica Twist-7/10
Soccer Bashi-2/10

Virtual Console
Pokémon Puzzle League-10/10
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine-9/10
Pac Attack-8/10

Please explain the enormous difference in quality between Bust-A-Move Bash and Bust-A-Move Plus!

on October 6th 2011, 9:48 am
I'm really sorry to hear that SKTTR, I hope Nintendo localizes Burn the Rope in your region soon. The Art Style titles are on my wishlist as well, they seem to have a lot of character and the gameplay really interests me a lot. So all in all, Burn the Rope would still have to be my first download priority and then the Art Style titles would have to follow before anything else. Although, I still have Mr. Driller W on my radar as well. In my opinion it's no wonder why there are so many puzzlers available on the WiiWare service, they're awesome and everyone should have at least a few of them in their WiiWare collection. (<:

on October 6th 2011, 11:10 am
I really hope I can find some way to afford these puzzlers, before the end up being pulled from the WiiWare service too. It would be a complete shame if I never have the chance to experience them for myself. )<:

You cannot reply to topics in this forum