View previous topicGo downView next topic
Male Posts : 2314
View user profile

Puzzler Lovers Thread

on October 4th 2011, 5:02 pm
This thread is for those of us who just love puzzlers. We can discuss puzzler strategies or just discuss the genre in general. This is a list of all the puzzlers I currently own and the list will most likely grow in length in the future.

Wii Puzzlers:
1) Elebits= 9.5/10

WiiWare Puzzlers:
1) Art of Balance= 9.0/10
2) Bobby Carrot Forever= 8.5/10
3) Tetris Party= 8.5/10
4) World of Goo= 8.0/10

Platformer Puzzlers:
1) And Yet it Moves= 8.0/10
2) Aya and the Cubes of Light= 8.5/10
3) Fluidity= 9.0/10
4) Max and the Magic Marker= 9.0/10

Last edited by WiiAboutU on October 6th 2011, 9:53 am; edited 5 times in total
View user profile

Re: Puzzler Lovers Thread

on October 4th 2011, 5:15 pm
Lately I've been enjoying Aya and the Cubes of Light and Max and the Magic Marker. I'll be going back to Elebits soon, because I recently erased my save file by accident. I've not actually finished completing any of these puzzlers yet, because I keep on purchasing one after another. You can't have too much of a good thing. My next puzzler purchase will most likely be Burn the Rope. Based on the ratings I've awarded these puzzlers, does anyone have any recommendations?
Male Posts : 133
View user profile

on October 4th 2011, 5:45 pm
Bobby Carrot Forever is fun but I can't seem to beat the three star levels Sad
View user profile

on October 4th 2011, 5:54 pm
Yeah, Bobby Carrot Forever becomes pretty challenging after the two star worlds. I haven't played it lately but I did purchase 3 of the 5 additional map packs.

Last edited by WiiAboutU on October 5th 2011, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Female Posts : 43
View user profile

on October 4th 2011, 6:25 pm
Bust A Move Plus is a fine puzzle game that I cannot seem to stop playing Smile
View user profile

on October 5th 2011, 10:03 am
Yeah, but Bust a Move Plus doesn't really seem like the type of puzzler I'd enjoy. I think the only puzzler left on WiiWare that I really want is Burn the Rope. I did some research on Urbanix, but it doesn't really seem like it would keep my attention for very long either. I like the graphical style and gameplay that Burn the Rope has to offer for some reason or another.

View user profile

on October 5th 2011, 11:25 am
Have you tried the NES Adventures of Lola games? If you haven't I would definitely get one of them! They are somewhat similar to Bobby Carrot Forever and are a blast to play Cool
Admin
Male Posts : 499
View user profilehttp://www.backloggery.com/skttr

on October 5th 2011, 12:07 pm
Wouldn't Aya and the Cubes fit better in the puzzle platformer category?

Elebits is a puzzle game for you? For me it's a FPE (first-person-explorer) or FPA (first-person-adventure) I couldn't find any puzzles in it. Razz
And Arkanoid is from the block breaker genre, an action arcade. No puzzles, just skills.
Hydroventure can be a puzzle game, arguably, but it's definately more of an adventure game. After all it's not called Hydropuzzle, but Hydroventure. And it would fit into the platformer puzzle category better as well.

Here are my puzzlers:

Wii:
7/10 Puzzle Kingdoms (Wii)
6/10 Line Rider Freestyle (Wii)
5/10 Safecracker (Wii)

WiiWare:
10/10 World of Goo
10/10 Hydroventure
9/10 Tetris Party
9/10 CUBELLO -Art Style-
9/10 Flowerworks
9/10 Dr. Mario & Germ Buster
9/10 ROTOHEX -Art Style-
8/10 Actionloop Twist
8/10 Art of Balance
7/10 LONPOS
7/10 ThruSpace
7/10 You, Me, and the Cubes
6/10 Potpourrii
6/10 Bejeweled 2
5/10 Pop Them, Drop Them SameGame
2/10 Pop-Up Pirate!

I have a few on Virtual Console as well. Mario's Super Picross was the most valuable since it has so much content. Wario's Woods and Wrecking Crew are close with 100 levels each.

On Wii I'm looking into the Boom Blox games, Tetris Party Deluxe and Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords.
On WiiWare I have to get Puzzle Bobble Plus! and Mr. DRILLER W one day, maybe Flight Control and Airport Mania? Viral Survival? chick chick BOOM? The Bearsworth Manor games? NEVES Plus? Rubiks Puzzle Galaxy RUSH? Toki Tori? LIT? ColorZ? Pop? They all are on my radar.

Ah yes, a friend of mine has Bang Attack and Moki Moki. Bang Attack is really addicting and has great music (7/10), Moki Moki is quite unique and cute, but too random (7/10).
Male Posts : 69
View user profile

on October 5th 2011, 1:03 pm
Is Astro Bugz Revenge a good puzzle game?

View user profile

on October 5th 2011, 7:36 pm
Well SKTTR, there are many puzzle qualities found in Elebits. You must not have searched well enough to find them though. You're correct about Aya and The Cubes of Light and Hydroventure falling under the platformer puzzler genre, but it's title in NA is Fluidity not Hydroventure and I think I prefer Fluidity. And SKTTR, if you consider Tetris Party, Mr. Driller W and ThruSpace as puzzler titles, then why would you not consider Arkanoid as a puzzler? I deleted Arkanoid from the list anyways. Although, I will add Tetris Party to my list of puzzlers, when I can think of the rating I'd award it. I have been contemplating on purchasing the Art Style titles, but I really think I'd want to purchase Burn the Rope before anything else. Well, whenever I can actually afford to buy some more Wii points. )<:

Last edited by WiiAboutU on October 6th 2011, 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum